Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Is there any server transfer option available? I was thinking of returning to the game, but all of my characters and TP is on another server. Is there anyway to at least get the TP onto Klaipeda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

So I have a level 115 "I like to punch things" level 1 cleric/level 3 priest who wants to go Oracle. Is there anything different I should be doing while I can respec? What even was my build... For stats he's pretty much pure str with a bit of con.

Edit: Actually, maybe that's what this level 70 full support priest was for...

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 18, 2017

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Clarste posted:

I quit like two years ago at Rank 6 maybe. I want to shoot monsters with guns, so what's the best way to do that now that we can respec?

The game didn't come out until like March or April of last year. :cheeky:

Regardless, Schwarz Reiter and Corsair C3 get to use pistols (well, all archers can equip them but most don't get anything from them except the stats on them), Musketeers get to use Muskets, and Cannoneers get to use Cannons (if those count as a gun I swear to god if you get TFR in here!!!) I have a Corsair C3, its fun! Blat blat. A bunch of different goons have SR, it's a really powerful class right now, but I don't. Dunno who has Cannoneer or Musketeer after the rework, but maybe someone will pop in.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
yes cannons count as guns

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nettle Soup posted:

So I have a level 115 "I like to punch things" level 1 cleric/level 3 priest who wants to go Oracle. Is there anything different I should be doing while I can respec? What even was my build... For stats he's pretty much pure str with a bit of con.

Edit: Actually, maybe that's what this level 70 full support priest was for...

If you are a priest, get spirit. Your blessing buff will be stronger and things will die super fast.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How large is the game install now days? I'd love to get into more korean grinding but my data is really expensive and capped while I'm in this shithole of a country for the next month and change.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Silento posted:

The game didn't come out until like March or April of last year. :cheeky:

Regardless, Schwarz Reiter and Corsair C3 get to use pistols (well, all archers can equip them but most don't get anything from them except the stats on them), Musketeers get to use Muskets, and Cannoneers get to use Cannons (if those count as a gun I swear to god if you get TFR in here!!!) I have a Corsair C3, its fun! Blat blat. A bunch of different goons have SR, it's a really powerful class right now, but I don't. Dunno who has Cannoneer or Musketeer after the rework, but maybe someone will pop in.

I am bad at math.

I forgot to mention that I'm an archer. I was aiming for Musketeer last time I played, but a) it's further away, and b) not sure how much I like the idea of doing single-target damage anyway. SR looks fun, I guess. Dual wielding pistol and crossbow.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

Is there any server transfer option available? I was thinking of returning to the game, but all of my characters and TP is on another server. Is there anyway to at least get the TP onto Klaipeda?

Yeah I want to know this, too. I'm on Orsha or however you spell it.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If you are a priest, get spirit. Your blessing buff will be stronger and things will die super fast.

Well I have invested a lot into my blessing buff.. Got any example stats? He's 120ish now and I've just been pumping pure str, would a mix be better or is it still "dump everything into one stat and ignore everything else" like it used to be?

Honestly I have no idea what do with this guy, the only build reference I can find for him, he was gonna be a monk.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 19, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nettle Soup posted:

Well I have invested a lot into my blessing buff.. Got any example stats? He's 120ish now and I've just been pumping pure str, would a mix be better or is it still "dump everything into one stat and ignore everything else" like it used to be?

Honestly I have no idea what do with this guy, the only build reference I can find for him, he was gonna be a monk.

Just quickly skimming a few monk threads, looks like STR with some DEX(~100) for increased attack speed / animations seems to be the best for end game monks. So you were definitely on the right track.

My priest gets about 1500 dmg added to every hit from his level 15 blessing (level 278 with almost 400 spr). SPR may still be better while you are leveling since your gear isn't super optimized and autoattacks with a blessing buff can kill stuff very quickly. Since the reset event is active, you may as well try it out for a day. I'd definitely spec back into STR / DEX on the last day of the event though.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

A Spider Covets posted:

Yeah I want to know this, too. I'm on Orsha or however you spell it.

I'm also on Orsha. It would be great if tokens were region wide. I understand not having tokens be universal across regions, but having your subscriber status only apply to a single server in the region is odd.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

I'm also on Orsha. It would be great if tokens were region wide. I understand not having tokens be universal across regions, but having your subscriber status only apply to a single server in the region is odd.

I think we might be stuck where we are. I googled Tree of Savior server transfers and got results saying they'd promised it at launch, but went back on it later. Lol

If anyone on Orsha is in a guild, or wants someone to play with, my team name is SweetBee. :) I'm not very high level though. I think my highest character is around level 80.

Is Kal busy enough that it's worth restarting, even? If the servers are the same, I'll just stay on Orsha, less hassle.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

A Spider Covets posted:

I think we might be stuck where we are. I googled Tree of Savior server transfers and got results saying they'd promised it at launch, but went back on it later. Lol

If anyone on Orsha is in a guild, or wants someone to play with, my team name is SweetBee. :) I'm not very high level though. I think my highest character is around level 80.

Is Kal busy enough that it's worth restarting, even? If the servers are the same, I'll just stay on Orsha, less hassle.

:siren: Starting on Klai will grant the new player bonus if you've never made a team there before. :siren:

Level 80 is literally nothing. I'm not even doing the usual goon hyperbole, it's literally nothing. With the exp changes you can reach 80 in an afternoon of playing with friends. Moreso with the newbie event.

Klaipeda is jampacked and we have a guild on there.

For anyone who played on Orsha and is reading this thread: Unless you have like, multiple 280+ characters, and tons of money and good gear, there is no reason for you to not hop onto Klaipeda.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Is getting DC'd like every ten seconds a routine feature of Klaipeda? Tried going to a lower pop channel and I still get kicked.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Is getting DC'd like every ten seconds a routine feature of Klaipeda? Tried going to a lower pop channel and I still get kicked.

I haven't encountered this! What zone are you in?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

I haven't encountered this! What zone are you in?

It's happening in the starter zone and Orsha. Seriously less than a minute every time.

I haven't had this problem before, which is really puzzling. If this is how the server plays for me I'll be staying on Orsha though lol.

e: :confused: It's just happening on my first character for some reason. My second character works fine. First character has the "welcome to the game" bonus pack though...

e2: LOL she's super glitched out or something. Can't accept any quests, can't click on mobs or anything. Aaaaaaaaaa how did I manage this haha

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 20, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

It's happening in the starter zone and Orsha. Seriously less than a minute every time.

I haven't had this problem before, which is really puzzling. If this is how the server plays for me I'll be staying on Orsha though lol.

e: :confused: It's just happening on my first character for some reason. My second character works fine. First character has the "welcome to the game" bonus pack though...

e2: LOL she's super glitched out or something. Can't accept any quests, can't click on mobs or anything. Aaaaaaaaaa how did I manage this haha

- You can receive one Boost Pack per character created, on a maximum of 4 characters per team (account).

So don't fret!

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
How are the summoner classes? What class can solo bosses.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oriental Hugs posted:

How are the summoner classes? What class can solo bosses.

Wizards:
Sorceror is ok. Ironically your best skill are the bat summons, which scale from your overall magic damage and not from SPR like other summons. They are basically fire and forget. Unlike the other 2 summoners, you basically control 1 big demon(that drains your sp while it's out) and a retarded fire spirit. At c2 you can ride the demon and this gives it a dmg buff and you can use it's skills(see a gif silento posted earlier). Going the full 3 circles in the class is basically a gimmick.

A saving grace is that the demon you summon cannot be affected by CC unlike the skeletons and zombies from the other 2 classes. So if a boss does a knockdown, everything is falling over(including players) but the big demon will keep right on attacking.

Necromancer is pretty solid and definitely the best overall summoner class. The summons are decent with some SPR and you have a bunch of good spells / dps options to choose from as well.

Clerics:
Bokor zombies are really tanky, if a bit slow to move. Their damage is mediocre. A rank or two can provide you with fodder to keep aggro off you. The other skills the class has are basically worthless though. Not quite as good as necro, but better than a sorc.

As for soloing bosses, depends on the boss and your gear and your level. But most classes can.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 20, 2017

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Before I dive into this for the first time, are there any trap classes to avoid?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Based on the way classes work, I'd say there are more traps than otherwise. You probably don't want a random mix of 6 different classes at rank 1.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

wth is wrong with the market in this game.

Lowest price at the moment when you search is 20k?

Yeah we think it's worth about 160, that sounds right!

Item worth 85k?

Yeah we think you could probably get 7k or so for that...

Never trust the market valuation, no wonder some of my stuff sold so fast...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

clone on the phone posted:

Before I dive into this for the first time, are there any trap classes to avoid?

http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/

Check out some of the classes, tell us what you think looks interesting, and we'll give you advice!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

wth is wrong with the market in this game.

Lowest price at the moment when you search is 20k?

Yeah we think it's worth about 160, that sounds right!

Item worth 85k?

Yeah we think you could probably get 7k or so for that...

Never trust the market valuation, no wonder some of my stuff sold so fast...

A lot of stuff has really inflated prices right now because of the surge of returning/new players. Tipio Stamens, for example, are required to unlock the Shinobi job advancement. You need 80 of them plus QUITE A FEW other mats.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Makes sense. Anyone have any idea what "Drake Film"s are worth at the moment? I asked in shout but I'm not sure I believe the person who answered me.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Hey I'm online as Confection, how do I join this fabled guild?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Hey I'm online as Confection, how do I join this fabled guild?

I pinged Silento in Discord and told him you need an invite, so if he's around he'll find you!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Been giving this game a shot today, I like it a lot so far. No clue what I'm doing really but it's fun.

I'll bug someone on Discord for a guild invite next time I'm on!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

I pinged Silento in Discord and told him you need an invite, so if he's around he'll find you!

Thanks much!

My first char was totally hosed, I think I might actually be screwed out of the promotion after talking to support (can't get anything from the NPC, either). Sucks but the difference between Klai and Orsha population wise is insane so far. I thought it might be like FFXIV, where all servers still have a decent pop from my experience with some variance, but that is not the case lol.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Thanks much!

My first char was totally hosed, I think I might actually be screwed out of the promotion after talking to support (can't get anything from the NPC, either). Sucks but the difference between Klai and Orsha population wise is insane so far. I thought it might be like FFXIV, where all servers still have a decent pop from my experience with some variance, but that is not the case lol.

Your other 3 characters can't get it?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Your other 3 characters can't get it?

Nope, no dice.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Tsurupettan posted:

Check out some of the classes, tell us what you think looks interesting, and we'll give you advice!

In regards to this I have a couple of ideas for what I want to maybe build...

1) Dievdirbys looks pretty interesting in the idea that I get to be a slightly murderous wood sculptor, but what would go well with that? I kinda want to pick up paladin but I'm not sure if the two classes would mesh well together at all.

2) During the out-of-body bit witha Sadhu, can I use other skills? Specifically monk skills? Basically can I be a jojo?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krakatoah posted:

In regards to this I have a couple of ideas for what I want to maybe build...

1) Dievdirbys looks pretty interesting in the idea that I get to be a slightly murderous wood sculptor, but what would go well with that? I kinda want to pick up paladin but I'm not sure if the two classes would mesh well together at all.

2) During the out-of-body bit witha Sadhu, can I use other skills? Specifically monk skills? Basically can I be a jojo?

Diev goes well with a lot of classes since it is basically support. Diev 1 is a good pick since you get most of the value right away and all 4 skills would be useful to a paladin.

I am pretty sure that you cannot. Sadhu is poo poo if you plan to use out of body. You can use other skills, but there are limitations. Ground targeted stuff just automatically drops where your body is regardless of where your ghost form is. Sadhu and Monk don't really work together at all.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Diev goes well with a lot of classes since it is basically support. Diev 1 is a good pick since you get most of the value right away and all 4 skills would be useful to a paladin.

I am pretty sure that you cannot. Sadhu is poo poo if you plan to use out of body. You can use other skills, but there are limitations. Ground targeted stuff just automatically drops where your body is regardless of where your ghost form is. Sadhu and Monk don't really work together at all.

Aww, no jojo. :(

I was planning to go all the way to C3 with Paladin and Dievdirbys though, leaving me with one other choice because Rank 1 is Cleric as far as I know and I can't change that at all. Otherwise I'm willing to pick something silly that lets me throw enemies and god knows what else around like ragdolls.

Krakatoah fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 21, 2017

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I'm not a super cleric guy, but diev3 doesn't have a lot of great additions overall. I think it might be good for pvp stuff but I don't really pay attention. Most of the good bits you get at circle 1, though the owl statue used to be good (unsure about now-adays). So you could look at something like cleric2->diev1->pally3->X.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Apparently post patch owl statue scales poorly and also works off of int, so it isn't much use for a Paladin.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The owl statue is still good, it's just less good than it was before in terms of damage output per attack, from my understanding. You can drop it more often than before, though. They cut the CD from 105s to 50s.

Zemyna is better than it ever was.

Laima is still as good as it always was.

Ausrine didn't get worse, Krivis did, and kMMO players are lazy garbage that now regard Ausrine as trash because they don't have a player who can stand in place and hold down a key to keep them invincible forever. Ausrine is fine, you just need to go refresh your invicibility.

The silence tree is still broken as gently caress and literally shuts off the AI of normal monsters that walk into it.

I don't know poo poo about paladin, other than pre-patch they literally existed for pardoners to make barrier scrolls.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krakatoah posted:

Aww, no jojo. :(

I was planning to go all the way to C3 with Paladin and Dievdirbys though, leaving me with one other choice because Rank 1 is Cleric as far as I know and I can't change that at all. Otherwise I'm willing to pick something silly that lets me throw enemies and god knows what else around like ragdolls.

ZypherIM posted:

cleric2->diev1->pally3->X.

That's probably the best bet. You really want to take cleric 2 as it is super useful. A way more powerful safety zone(thanks to the increased hits attribute) to keep your rear end alive, a viable heal, Fade for running away if things go back, Divine Might for boosting all your poo poo.

Taking Inquisitor for Rank 8 class would be really good too as it would complement your melee paladin stuff.

That leaves R7 open as your freebie so you can take diev 2 for silence statue + owls or Kabbalist for Ein Sof to give you infinite SP.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 21, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

take miko because it has the cutest outfit!! who cares if hamaya will scale like garbage with a str build...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tsurupettan posted:

Taking a look at this myself (and the classbuild rankings), I think I'm currently looking at trying out Swordsman 3 > Peltasta 1 > Corsair 1 > Fencer 3, largely because Fencer has a really great outfit. Anything I should know about the class going in?

• Locked thread