Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Schubalts posted:

Do certain skills still require material components for no real reason, and are Templars still the only people that can create guilds, also for no real reason?

yes to both. though the latter doesn't matter any more because they raised the guild player cap by a ton so unless you just hate being in the goon guild you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My Incineration damage got dumpstered. I probably should've tested Hamaya and Owl Statues pre-patch too but... Well, I can tell you my Hamaya didn't lose too much damage per-tick, though it lost insane uptime. The numbers look roughly similar just off memory.

~1.5k-2.5k per tick from incineration without agni pre-patch
~4k-5.5k per tick with agni

800-1800 per tick with agni post-patch
~600-1600ish without agni.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Clarste posted:

I quit like two years ago at Rank 6 maybe. I want to shoot monsters with guns, so what's the best way to do that now that we can respec?

Do you want a rifle or pistol?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

I think we might be stuck where we are. I googled Tree of Savior server transfers and got results saying they'd promised it at launch, but went back on it later. Lol

If anyone on Orsha is in a guild, or wants someone to play with, my team name is SweetBee. :) I'm not very high level though. I think my highest character is around level 80.

Is Kal busy enough that it's worth restarting, even? If the servers are the same, I'll just stay on Orsha, less hassle.

:siren: Starting on Klai will grant the new player bonus if you've never made a team there before. :siren:

Level 80 is literally nothing. I'm not even doing the usual goon hyperbole, it's literally nothing. With the exp changes you can reach 80 in an afternoon of playing with friends. Moreso with the newbie event.

Klaipeda is jampacked and we have a guild on there.

For anyone who played on Orsha and is reading this thread: Unless you have like, multiple 280+ characters, and tons of money and good gear, there is no reason for you to not hop onto Klaipeda.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Is getting DC'd like every ten seconds a routine feature of Klaipeda? Tried going to a lower pop channel and I still get kicked.

I haven't encountered this! What zone are you in?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

It's happening in the starter zone and Orsha. Seriously less than a minute every time.

I haven't had this problem before, which is really puzzling. If this is how the server plays for me I'll be staying on Orsha though lol.

e: :confused: It's just happening on my first character for some reason. My second character works fine. First character has the "welcome to the game" bonus pack though...

e2: LOL she's super glitched out or something. Can't accept any quests, can't click on mobs or anything. Aaaaaaaaaa how did I manage this haha

- You can receive one Boost Pack per character created, on a maximum of 4 characters per team (account).

So don't fret!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

clone on the phone posted:

Before I dive into this for the first time, are there any trap classes to avoid?

http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/

Check out some of the classes, tell us what you think looks interesting, and we'll give you advice!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Hey I'm online as Confection, how do I join this fabled guild?

I pinged Silento in Discord and told him you need an invite, so if he's around he'll find you!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

Thanks much!

My first char was totally hosed, I think I might actually be screwed out of the promotion after talking to support (can't get anything from the NPC, either). Sucks but the difference between Klai and Orsha population wise is insane so far. I thought it might be like FFXIV, where all servers still have a decent pop from my experience with some variance, but that is not the case lol.

Your other 3 characters can't get it?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The owl statue is still good, it's just less good than it was before in terms of damage output per attack, from my understanding. You can drop it more often than before, though. They cut the CD from 105s to 50s.

Zemyna is better than it ever was.

Laima is still as good as it always was.

Ausrine didn't get worse, Krivis did, and kMMO players are lazy garbage that now regard Ausrine as trash because they don't have a player who can stand in place and hold down a key to keep them invincible forever. Ausrine is fine, you just need to go refresh your invicibility.

The silence tree is still broken as gently caress and literally shuts off the AI of normal monsters that walk into it.

I don't know poo poo about paladin, other than pre-patch they literally existed for pardoners to make barrier scrolls.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

take miko because it has the cutest outfit!! who cares if hamaya will scale like garbage with a str build...

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think I'll go with this one. Is there a suggested skill build? I assume I definitely want the attack buffs from Swordsman.

I should add that we immediately had like a 20+ minute discussion after that on the merits of sw3/hl2/fencer3 and other combinations

sw3 is probably broken as gently caress right now, it brings great buffs, and double slash is ridiculously good

the main issue is figuring out what has the most value based on what skills will actually get USED at r8 to complement fencer's abilities. i'm kind of hoping Sidesaddle Cavalry will have it figured out soon!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

clone on the phone posted:

How does anybody know how to combine the different classes in meaningful ways? Can you respec, and how easily?

theorycraft and letting other people gently caress it up first

unfortunately this also leads to like, one lucky idiot managing to actually finish some sort of high end content and his word being treated as gospel

outside of this event you can't normally reset your class. at all. ever. i bet they'd make a loving killing off selling re-class items for like $10 though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

So basically hope someone's figured something out by the time this event ends? :v:

there are a lot of Good and Fun builds, even if they aren't perfectly 100% optimal.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

You are the first person I've seen to suggest Pommel Beat in any capacity. The advice I've seen has been to max PB, DS and Gung Ho, choose between Restrain or Conc depending if you give a poo poo about pvp or not. Conc is also really good on multi-hit skills.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Groggy nard posted:

Don't you need certain prerequisite classes for Rune Caster? Like 1 of each Pyro/Cryo?

not at all. the requirement is taking it at r6 or higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Daveski posted:

Newbie question: should I be investing in SPR as a Swordsman (currently Hoplite, headed towards Dragoon)? I'm only level 108 so I have no idea how much SP recovery will be an issue later in the game. I'm following a build that suggests dropping 36 points into SPR, and I'm wondering if those would be better spent elsewhere.

i think that a token amount of spr is probably fairly acceptable now. at least to ensure your sp pot usage is efficient and none of it is overflowing and going to waste.

• Locked thread