Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Apparently post patch owl statue scales poorly and also works off of int, so it isn't much use for a Paladin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Taking a look at this myself (and the classbuild rankings), I think I'm currently looking at trying out Swordsman 3 > Peltasta 1 > Corsair 1 > Fencer 3, largely because Fencer has a really great outfit. Anything I should know about the class going in?

Seems like post patch SW3 > Barb/Highlander 2 > Fencer 3 builds are more popular. Epee Garde is kind of underwhelming with the new crit calculations and you go through mana pots like crazy.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think I'll go with this one. Is there a suggested skill build? I assume I definitely want the attack buffs from Swordsman.

The discord crew might have already got this, but the common wisdom is max Gung Ho, Pain Barrier and Double Slash, optional 3p into Bash for the attribute and the remaining points split between Pommel Beat and Restrain to taste.

Gung Ho scales better with Str and Concentrate with Dex, but I haven't really seen a convincing case to go over 100 Dex for Swordsmen dps even with classes that benefit from the attack speed.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

You are the first person I've seen to suggest Pommel Beat in any capacity. The advice I've seen has been to max PB, DS and Gung Ho, choose between Restrain or Conc depending if you give a poo poo about pvp or not. Conc is also really good on multi-hit skills.

I've seen some korean players run it, might be only used with classes that have extra stuns though v:v:v

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

FalloutGod posted:

Heard about the new events so I dived in. Not sure whats good but wanted to play so I've picked Wizard 3 Pyromancer 1 so far. Dumped everything into INT. Earthquake is as maxed as I can go with 1 point in the reflect shield ability. 5 in the Fire Damage Group Buff. Leveling has been weird. 1-30 was kinda slow but once I hit that first group instance the levels flew. The beginner boost pack you get gives you the 300% EXP tomes as well as the instance reset voucher quite often. I'm at 110 and I did that in a couple of hours.

Murder wizards are kind of pidgeonholed into taking Ele 3 so I'd suggest using the last day of resets to respec into Wiz 3 Ele 1 or Wiz 1 Pyro/Cryo 2 Ele 1 if you prefer that.

Earthquake and reflect were rear end before the patch but might be better now. Magic Bolt is decent filler and worth maxing imo, 5 points into Surecast, Quickcast and Magic Missile if you're taking Wiz3.

• Locked thread