Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am excited to try out all the cleric specs then probably end up cleric 2 diev 3 miko 1 pd 2 anyways

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

is Sadhu good again yet

Sadhu got buffed. I think everything except their Out of Body ghosty form thing is really good(OoB is decent). Possession is now a 6 second aoe bind with a 20 second cooldown that is now uninterruptible, so that is super useful for solo or grouping. Their c3 int buff is also really good now adding 50% int and not draining the Sadhu's int anymore. Their other damage skills got buffed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silhouette Wires posted:

Time to roll a new toon. I hope the rank reset item don't expire right away

- Each of the reset items will expire within one day after you obtain them (you won't be able to use expired reset items).

So better come up with your final build before the 30th

e: MORE FREE STUFF!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/631450/Tree_of_Savior__Goddess_Ladas_Present/

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 16, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dackel posted:

Can you use the item to reset and then wait to spend any points or lock in any other choices?

Oh absolutely. So if you are in doubt, you can reset and just leave it until people figure out the best class combo / stats while you play another char or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

Anyone know where she is in the first town? Walked around but didn't see her.

In Klaipedia go west from the warp statue, past the reset angel npc. Her npc model isn't the same as the promo art at all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IMC will be giving everyone a free char slot on the 21st(or 22nd) so if you are about to buy one, just wait.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nettle Soup posted:

So I have a level 115 "I like to punch things" level 1 cleric/level 3 priest who wants to go Oracle. Is there anything different I should be doing while I can respec? What even was my build... For stats he's pretty much pure str with a bit of con.

Edit: Actually, maybe that's what this level 70 full support priest was for...

If you are a priest, get spirit. Your blessing buff will be stronger and things will die super fast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nettle Soup posted:

Well I have invested a lot into my blessing buff.. Got any example stats? He's 120ish now and I've just been pumping pure str, would a mix be better or is it still "dump everything into one stat and ignore everything else" like it used to be?

Honestly I have no idea what do with this guy, the only build reference I can find for him, he was gonna be a monk.

Just quickly skimming a few monk threads, looks like STR with some DEX(~100) for increased attack speed / animations seems to be the best for end game monks. So you were definitely on the right track.

My priest gets about 1500 dmg added to every hit from his level 15 blessing (level 278 with almost 400 spr). SPR may still be better while you are leveling since your gear isn't super optimized and autoattacks with a blessing buff can kill stuff very quickly. Since the reset event is active, you may as well try it out for a day. I'd definitely spec back into STR / DEX on the last day of the event though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oriental Hugs posted:

How are the summoner classes? What class can solo bosses.

Wizards:
Sorceror is ok. Ironically your best skill are the bat summons, which scale from your overall magic damage and not from SPR like other summons. They are basically fire and forget. Unlike the other 2 summoners, you basically control 1 big demon(that drains your sp while it's out) and a retarded fire spirit. At c2 you can ride the demon and this gives it a dmg buff and you can use it's skills(see a gif silento posted earlier). Going the full 3 circles in the class is basically a gimmick.

A saving grace is that the demon you summon cannot be affected by CC unlike the skeletons and zombies from the other 2 classes. So if a boss does a knockdown, everything is falling over(including players) but the big demon will keep right on attacking.

Necromancer is pretty solid and definitely the best overall summoner class. The summons are decent with some SPR and you have a bunch of good spells / dps options to choose from as well.

Clerics:
Bokor zombies are really tanky, if a bit slow to move. Their damage is mediocre. A rank or two can provide you with fodder to keep aggro off you. The other skills the class has are basically worthless though. Not quite as good as necro, but better than a sorc.

As for soloing bosses, depends on the boss and your gear and your level. But most classes can.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 20, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krakatoah posted:

In regards to this I have a couple of ideas for what I want to maybe build...

1) Dievdirbys looks pretty interesting in the idea that I get to be a slightly murderous wood sculptor, but what would go well with that? I kinda want to pick up paladin but I'm not sure if the two classes would mesh well together at all.

2) During the out-of-body bit witha Sadhu, can I use other skills? Specifically monk skills? Basically can I be a jojo?

Diev goes well with a lot of classes since it is basically support. Diev 1 is a good pick since you get most of the value right away and all 4 skills would be useful to a paladin.

I am pretty sure that you cannot. Sadhu is poo poo if you plan to use out of body. You can use other skills, but there are limitations. Ground targeted stuff just automatically drops where your body is regardless of where your ghost form is. Sadhu and Monk don't really work together at all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krakatoah posted:

Aww, no jojo. :(

I was planning to go all the way to C3 with Paladin and Dievdirbys though, leaving me with one other choice because Rank 1 is Cleric as far as I know and I can't change that at all. Otherwise I'm willing to pick something silly that lets me throw enemies and god knows what else around like ragdolls.

ZypherIM posted:

cleric2->diev1->pally3->X.

That's probably the best bet. You really want to take cleric 2 as it is super useful. A way more powerful safety zone(thanks to the increased hits attribute) to keep your rear end alive, a viable heal, Fade for running away if things go back, Divine Might for boosting all your poo poo.

Taking Inquisitor for Rank 8 class would be really good too as it would complement your melee paladin stuff.

That leaves R7 open as your freebie so you can take diev 2 for silence statue + owls or Kabbalist for Ein Sof to give you infinite SP.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 21, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh Snapple! posted:

Taking a look at this myself (and the classbuild rankings), I think I'm currently looking at trying out Swordsman 3 > Peltasta 1 > Corsair 1 > Fencer 3, largely because Fencer has a really great outfit. Anything I should know about the class going in?

quote:

if you want to fencer i would suggest barb3 for min/max
i did sword1/pelt1/barb3/fencer since beta
it works very well

I am stealing your goon valor from discord Sacro.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Killed By Death posted:

I'm considering giving this game a try. As with every other MMO I play, looking cool is my top priority. To this end, I've narrowed down the classes I think I'd like to play to Inquisitor, Plague Doctor and Sage (maybe Musketeer [those epaulettes!] or Mergen but I'm not so sure). Would somebody mind writing a few words about how these classes play and how I might build them? Looking through their skills, Sage and Plague Doctor seem to be focused on group support and AOE damage, while Inquisitor tends mostly towards single target?

Wiz 1 Cryo 3 Chrono 3 Sage 1 - You are a mainly there for support. Buff up your team with haste and quicken. Run around and gather mobs, then drop Frost Pillar to basically root / vortex all the enemies into a spot. Then do dps or whatever. Use Pass to lower the cooldowns on everyone's abilities as needed. Spec full Int or Con for your stats.

Cleric 2 Diev 1 Sadhu 3 Plague Doctor 2 - Gather mobs, apply dots, then hit Possession to stun them all for 6.5 seconds while doing tremendous damage. Spec full Int.

There are a bunch of ways to go Inquisitor. You can go through priest for more buffs or Paladin / Monk for a more melee oriented build. Str / Dex for your stats.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://treeofsavior.com/page/class/ranking.php

Top 100 most popular builds on iToS. Should give you an idea for your class build if you are completely lost.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:siren: 2 reset days left (Sunday and Monday) :siren:

Better start finalizing your specs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FalloutGod posted:

Heard about the new events so I dived in. Not sure whats good but wanted to play so I've picked Wizard 3 Pyromancer 1 so far. Dumped everything into INT. Earthquake is as maxed as I can go with 1 point in the reflect shield ability. 5 in the Fire Damage Group Buff. Leveling has been weird. 1-30 was kinda slow but once I hit that first group instance the levels flew. The beginner boost pack you get gives you the 300% EXP tomes as well as the instance reset voucher quite often. I'm at 110 and I did that in a couple of hours.

Respec to Wiz 3 Ele 1 with your end goal being Wiz 3 Ele 3 Warlock 2. It is the most common dps wizard spec because it is very good. Your current spec is not good.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111bbbff.1e213f657585.1f3f596185.1a21394a

edit: Maintenance will happen at 1am EST tonight so you can grab another reset if you are up until midnight I mean you can probably grab a reset, but I wouldn't plan on it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 29, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FalloutGod posted:

Actually I grabbed all the reset items yesterday for this very reason. I knew a game with a hundred different class combos would have some pitfalls so I was just kind of throwing points willy nilly. Thank you for the advice folks I'll switch to the better build. How should the stat points be split? Still just dump it all into INT?

Full int or like 50 spr then the rest Int.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I don't really play swordsmen, but I know that doppel 3 is ridiculous in terms of damage.

e: just ask in discord about builds. DO NOT TRUST TOSBASE AND ANY OF THEIR BUILDS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 7, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FalloutGod posted:

I hit 300 recently and I'm curious on where to go to gear up or what I should be doing in general for "late game". 3 Wiz 3 Ele 2 Warlock I read somewhere the War Mage Gear was pretty good. I'm having a tough time staying alive in Tatenye Prison. Is my build not a great solo'r or are potions just going to be a big money sink for me?

That spec is fine. Tatenye prison has a lot of mobs, so it's harder to avoid them which is probably why you are dying. You will need to chug hp potions unless you are with a healer.

War Mage is a good set of gear.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FalloutGod posted:

So whats the best class to solo with? I might as well make use of the beginner event. Getting to 300 was a breeze and now that I know where the dungeons are it will be even quicker.

Probably an archer2 ranger2 appraiser1(or ranger 3 if you are too lazy to do the class quest for appraiser) SR3. Buff yourself with limacon(and overestimate if applicable), hold down your subweapon attack button and try not to fall asleep.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Prel posted:

So kinda on this note, I decided to dump all my compensation stuff and the founder's stuff I had never redeemed on an archer. I'm only A2 atm, and since the lag has been pretty miserable I watched some videos to get a feel for the other circles. I'm considering the archer/ranger/appraiser/SR3 build from above, some kind of falconer, or sapper/fletcher/mergen.

Seems like A2/Sap3/Falc3 and A2/QS3/Falc3 are the most common builds for Falconer.

A2/Sap2/Fle3/Merg is the build I've seen thrown around for that.

SR sounds effective and maybe boring...but I get to ride around on this penguin they gave me and shoot things with a pistol so there's that?

Anybody steer me towards or away from any of these in particular? This is my first character so I'd like to avoid anything that requires a lot of gear to be effective, and I'd probably like to be at least reasonably good at farming. Being passable for most game activities would be great, being absolute min/max best for bosses or whatever isn't important for this guy.

Go SR. It just needs a decent weapon and you are good to go. Also you are faster than 99% of the mobs so you don't need many hp potions. It can do good damage as well.

Falconer is expensive as you need to invest into the circling attribute to really maximize the class. It totals 25m to max out. Also it's more of a support archer than dps.

Fletcher / Mergen is powerful against bosses with low mobility, but SR is a better farmer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LightningSquid posted:

I played this around launch but it was sort of a dumpster fire at the time; since it seems to be less bad now, could I get a build that makes Sorcerer as not-bad as it can be? I wanna ride around on a big demon

Sorcerors are pretty poor. Even the summoning buff won't quite bring them up to par. :( Play them for fun, not to be good or useful.

As RazzleDazzleHour said, the best summoner is probably Wiz1Cryo3Sorc1Necro3, but you don't get to ride your demon. Sorc2Necro2 is the next best alternative and let's you have riding. Sorc3 is a trap.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 11, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stool Sample posted:

So I made a wizard character. I was thinking my class progression will look like wiz2>cryo3>necro 3, unless I should reset them with one of the scrolls the event gives?
My 'team' name is Meghanlodon (as well as my characters name, still not sure how that works.) How do I apply to the goon guild, and where is out guild tower?

That spec is ok. Surespell can be used to make sure that your snowrolling / flesh cannon / flesh strike go off, but that isn't too hard even without surespell. Note: surespell doesn't work if an enemy ability knocks you down or pushes / moves your char.

If you want, you can replace wiz 2 with linker 1 or sorc 1.

Get on discord and yell at Silento until he invites you.

edit: :siren: All of the server downtime compensation stuff in your mailbox expires tonight. So hand it out to your chars. Also the newbie event ends tonight so make your new accounts today if you want the stuff it adds. The stuff won't expire tomorrow :siren:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 12, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1057

Big update went live yesterday that added a lot of stuff including more balance changes, changing the droprate system back to a % chance rather than DPK and fishing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Poultron posted:

My friend wants to try out this game with me. I like to play support/healy mans. I also noticed this game makes you pay for skill resets. After doing some searching I can't find anything that reliable in terms of a build. Please help me, fellow goons... help me be the Healy Man for my friend

Cleric 2 is the basis for 99% of all cleric specs(and the base of 100% of all good specs). It also provides a lot of healing.

A good base for healing / support would be cleric2 priest3 with all your stats going into spirit.

After that, look at whatever classes interest you and work from there. You found our discord so we can help you out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 8, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

do your best musketeer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Only 2 days left on the reset event! Better finalize your builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Are mounts for a specific class or can anyone ride them? I saw someone with a red panda mount and I was insanely jealous. :3:

Some mounts can be used by any classes, like the penguins / rocksodons. But if you aren't a real mounted class, you dismount when you get into combat.

The red panda is not one of those mounts(only real mounted classes can use it) which is too bad because it is cute :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 5, 2018

• Locked thread