Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

That DICK! posted:

Roman Reigns is bad

Roman Reigns is why I stopped watching and the results aren't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Roman Reigns is bad

actually you see

hes good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The end to Roman/Finn just sucked all my enthusiasm for the show out, which is a shame because I wasn't minding it at all up to that point.

That said:

This looks good!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The only time I flipped over from the Penguins/Senators game was when Alexa Bliss NAILED Bayley with a kendo stick. Jesus, that looked nasty.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

Roman Reigns is good

That DICK! posted:

Roman Reigns is bad
Roman Reigns is the

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A Goldust heel run :confuoot:

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Goldust for #1 contender please, he's more interesting than any Shield member these days.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
When was he not

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How long is the UK show? One hour or two?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/864289006552588293 https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/864289778866556928

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Goldust heel run is going to be beating R-Truth once in 3 minutes on Raw and then never being on TV again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Looking forward to the go-home edition of SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight, friends :)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Roman is the right man in the right place at the wrong time.

Also he'd be far better as a heel. I don't know if I've said that yet.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
It's funny that all the criticisms people regularly have of Roman apply equally to Finn.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
put goldust over lesnar

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uatfvywxmU

So I just watched the video. The commentary was doing a great job of setting up that Finn might beat Roman this time, but dangit Roman's got an injured arm, it isn't a fair fight!

Then Roman wins anyway. So a practically 1 armed Roman beat Finn, huh? Their way of booking Roman to piss people off sure works on me :mad:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Before Alexa, the last person I can remember who turned the WHAT chants onto the crowd was the Undertaker, which was in the early 2000s

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

OctoberCountry posted:

It's funny that all the criticisms people regularly have of Roman apply equally to Finn.

I agree. I hated that run where Finn headlined multiple Wrestlemanias and all writing focused on building him up as the best hero ever while fans booed endlessly.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I agree. I hated that run where Finn headlined multiple Takeovers and all writing focused on building him up as the best demon ever while fans chanted "this is awesome" endlessly.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

I've seen Finn pick people up and he doesn't have a gut that they need to hide.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm surprised they're looking to wait until mania to have reigns beat brock.

that, plus the longest title reign record probably means a lot of hotshot title changes to get him to 20 reigns.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Personally I feel like the Roman fans just want to have sex with him and have to justify it to themselves.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why wouldn't sex-wanting be a justified reason to be a fan of roman, big show, or anyone

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

DeepDickPizza posted:

I keep DVR'ing RAW when I have to work and then I read the results and immediately delete it because it looks so loving bad.

:hfive:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

why wouldn't sex-wanting be a justified reason to be a fan of roman, big show, or anyone

I don't know man, you'd have to ask them.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

It was a lot of fun shitposting with all my friends in the RAW thread. I think that was the most fun I've had in a RAW thread, usually it's Smackdown Live!

The show itself was mediocre but you guys kept it entertaining. It was hard to keep up the pace in the third hour though... RAW is just too drat long.

Ahahaha her face and tone for "SWEAT GLAND of America" were great, but I think my favorite part was that Newark cheered that line. It wasn't until she called them all losers that they turned on her.

And this marks the second time she's dunked on 'what' chants, it isn't really hard to do but for some reason everyone else just lets the crowd overwhelm them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

With the what chants you can easily go to "if you're an idiot say what" because the crowd will want to do it. They want to be part of the show and will happily dunk on themselves for that.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Didn't Undertaker use "Say what if you sleep with your sister" ?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bayley shouldnt be doing promos against Alexa Bliss. Its like they dont even pretend to protect their workers anymore.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Bayley is the first person I can remember that sold a Kendo stick like it actually hurt. Some wrestlers get whacked and just flinch, she flew out of the ring and screamed in agony.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

dromal phrenia posted:

Didn't Undertaker use "Say what if you sleep with your sister" ?
That's how I remember it

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Does finn have a shameful back

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Does Finn start sucking wind five minutes into his matches?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

4 inch cut no femmes posted:

Does finn have a shameful back

No my friend its strong as a yak

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Finn/Roman was a bad idea straight up but it would've benefitted from either winning on a roll up out of nowhere rather than a definitive victory. You save that for a later date with build up.

Great match, though. Same for Ambrose/Miz.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I know they won't book it, but having Joe win the 5-Way and facing Bronk would be the sweatiest most red faced hoss off of all time.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
It's weird to me how some people will marvel at some out of shape indy guy and then say Balor isn't good or believable.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Muddy Burphy posted:

It's weird to me how some people will marvel at some out of shape indy guy and then say Balor isn't good or believable.
#goons

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
People are trying really hard to hate on Balor because he's another "Chosen One" but instead of being bad, he is good and cool. So people are actually accepting of him to succeed.

It's almost like when someone is handpicked and also doesn't nap for 20 minutes of his 30 min matches, can actually do feats of strength, and can actually talk slightly better than a wooden dummy, an audience will meet you halfway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

I know they won't book it, but having Joe win the 5-Way and facing Bronk would be the sweatiest most red faced hoss off of all time.

Joe vs Lesnar would be really fun

Muddy Burphy posted:

Balor is in the same category as Orton and Reigns to me. They're technically and athletically proficient and can have great matches, but they're all terrible on the mic and have boring characters.

• Locked thread