Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Personally I feel like the Roman fans just want to have sex with him and have to justify it to themselves.

Same but Alexa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Haven't watched since Wrestlemania. Have they mentioned Goldberg at all or did he just get beat and disappear?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Bigass Moth posted:

Haven't watched since Wrestlemania. Have they mentioned Goldberg at all or did he just get beat and disappear?

He didn't disappear, but on the raw following mania he had a nice little in ring sorta-promo and basically gave a long speech. He's said he'd be fine with coming back down the line but for now he's doing other stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

Same but Alexa.

:thejoke:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Muddy Burphy posted:

It's weird to me how some people will marvel at some out of shape indy guy and then say Balor isn't good or believable.

who

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

chris hero i assume

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Personally I feel like the Roman fans just want to have sex with him and have to justify it to themselves.

He couldn't keep up with my pace.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Raskolnikov38 posted:

chris hero i assume

Chris Hero is great, please don't sully his good name.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
more like chris gyro

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont want to have the sex with Alexa Bliss. She is a good actress who can read her lines like an human and is competent in the ring: she wont botch herself to death and wont hurt her opponent. She also knows how to work heel and get the fans to boo her.

Now if you ask me about Major Gunns or Midajah...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DoctorGonzo posted:

wont hurt her opponent.

unless you land on her adamantium abs

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vaguido posted:

People are trying really hard to hate on Balor because he's another "Chosen One" but instead of being bad, he is good and cool. So people are actually accepting of him to succeed.

It's almost like when someone is handpicked and also doesn't nap for 20 minutes of his 30 min matches, can actually do feats of strength, and can actually talk slightly better than a wooden dummy, an audience will meet you halfway.

Getting a push =/= Being a Chosen One, hth

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Look it's entirely possible, nay, entirely reasonable, to want to run my hand through those flowing locks and still hate how he's booked.

dromal phrenia posted:

Bayley is the first person I can remember that sold a Kendo stick like it actually hurt. Some wrestlers get whacked and just flinch, she flew out of the ring and screamed in agony.

In her head she was probably like "OH MY GOD I GET TO SELL A KENDO STICK SHOT THIS IS SO COOL :haw:"

But uh yeah kendo stick on a pole match is a dumb idea, why can't we just do a street fight. Or, gently caress, I dunno, what's the Bayley equivalent of the Ambrose Asylum?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SD's going to be doing more of that picture-in-picture stuff where the matches are still shown while ads play on the rest of the screen

PWInsider posted:

NBC Universal will be using picture-in-picture commercial breaks to show more Smackdown action while advertisements run in a picture on picture format. USA did this several times following the Brand Split in the summer of 2016.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 16, 2017

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

bradzilla posted:

Getting a push =/= Being a Chosen One, hth

Finn's run in NXT was very much a Chosen One styled run, and I find it hard to believe people see him as otherwise, even if his role isn't the same on the main roster. Not to mention he will probably fill Roman's slot whenever he pisses hot again in the future or gets injured.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

VJeff posted:

Look it's entirely possible, nay, entirely reasonable, to want to run my hand through those flowing locks and still hate how he's booked.

In her head she was probably like "OH MY GOD I GET TO SELL A KENDO STICK SHOT THIS IS SO COOL :haw:"

But uh yeah kendo stick on a pole match is a dumb idea, why can't we just do a street fight. Or, gently caress, I dunno, what's the Bayley equivalent of the Ambrose Asylum?

The Hug Fort ???

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

VJeff posted:

The Bayley Ballpit

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

SD's going to be doing more of that picture-in-picture stuff where the matches are still shown while ads play on the rest of the screen

Does this mean fewer full breaks, or are these on top of that?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

The Bayley Ballpit

Bayley's Bounce Castle?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think I WANT to like Balor more than I do. He's obviously a capable wrestler and athlete, his entrance is cool and his music is awesome, he's a handsome Armani model, he looks awesome in his leather jacket...

but he just doesn't do it for me in the ring. He's not bad, in that he never looks lost or botchy or anything, I'm just not in love with his matches. I do really like his apron spot where he punts a guy's head off, so maybe a few more high impact moves like that would help.

He's also not blowing me away on the mic, but I wouldn't say he's weak there, just not top-tier.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Balor seems like a super nice guy, and I hope he has a long and prosperous WWE career aheadof him, but yeah, his moveset and in-ring formula is super boring to me. Since he 'graduated' from being a jr. heavyweight, the best thing about him has been his entrances, and even then, his WWE ones don't quite stack up to him riding Fale to the ring in his light-up jacket.

Him losing to Roman is still real dumb, though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why on earth did they have Seth/Bray main event, especially when Roman/Finn actually had a finish

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

why on earth did they have Seth/Bray main event, especially when Roman/Finn actually had a finish

It seems lately that a good maybe 2/3 of the decision for what main events is based on what's planned for the dark main event.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Isn't the main event being a gently caress finish a time honored WWE tradition, especially on RAW? What shows have you been watching in the past few years?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If WWE were smart they'd have Joe win and face Brock in a stiff MMA style match where they trade strikes and sweet jujitsu submissions.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Aphrodite posted:

It seems lately that a good maybe 2/3 of the decision for what main events is based on what's planned for the dark main event.

what was the dark main, Roman/Bray?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the third hour ratings drop significantly and they don't want anything anyone can point to that's negative regarding Roman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what was the dark main, Roman/Bray?

It was just Seth beating down Joe then sucking up to the crowd.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vaguido posted:

Balor .... can actually talk slightly better than a wooden dummy
I love Finn but Lmfao

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Somewhat pleased that Alexa is getting exposed as a trash woman.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just actually read the results and the pairing of Crews and Titus is good because now the flippy wrestleman with a bad finisher has someone with him that has actual personality so maybe he will gain some via osmosis

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

astrollinthepork posted:

Somewhat pleased that Alexa is getting exposed as a trash woman.

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

astrollinthepork posted:

Somewhat pleased that Alexa is getting exposed as trash.

:agreed:

St Evan Echoes posted:

I love Finn but Lmfao

Mostly :agreed:. you have to be really really overly kind to him to say he's a decent promo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Finn is very good when he has matches with other very good wrestlers. Much like Roman Reigns.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think Finn is very good when he has matches with other very good wrestlers. Much like Roman Reigns.

This is correct right here

Also Roman Reigns is not only more likable than Alexa Bliss but is also a better draw

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like some of you guys overrate wooden dummies.

I know you want to have sex with them but that doesn't mean they're a good promo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Finns promos in Japan ruled.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Yeah I never said Finn was good, I said he's better than a wooden dummy. Roman's promos have almost always been less preferable to complete and utter silence.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I can't recall any stellar Balor promos, but he seemed adequate last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman probably had the best promo in the bad opening segment.

I think the awfulness of Roman's promos is still a bit overrated from how awful his 2014/2015 stuff was, from the hospital vignettes to the magic beans poo poo. I don't think he's appreciably worse than any given geek that can't deliver WWE's awful writing but he's not particularly good either (then again, the list of people who are good at line delivery are like, Cena, maybe Jericho, and Enzo)

• Locked thread