Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm going to watch Backlash just for Orton/Jinder alone. It's 2017, Orton is World Champion after a rocky as gently caress feud that he technically lost, facing off against bizarrely pushed midcarder Jinder Mahal, who went from boy band member to some steroids to all the steroids.

Orton can have a decent match if motivated. I cannot think of less of a motivating drive than having to face Jinder Mahal. The match is going to be something special, a new level of boring as gently caress.

Also Owens/Styles should be fun, don't really care for Nakamura. Do want to see Ziggler sell for him though, as much poo poo as Ziggler rightly gets, he's still an amazing seller.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is from a few days ago, but I just got around to seeing Erick, "The Vintner" Rowan's appearance on Talking Smack. And I totally recommend it to all those who haven't yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlcT93IbKk

I love Rene's little scowl and crossed arms after her balloon is popped. Also the one furry ear on his laughter mask.

Being honest that was a pretty good Joker laugh by Rowan at the end.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Y'know, Jinder Mahal was always good.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Was looking for the highlights on Youtube, second search result.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Since the title unification at TLC 2013, here's a list of WWE champions over the past four years:

Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Sheamus
Triple H
Dean Ambrose
AJ Styles
Bray Wyatt

And now, Jinder Mahal.

EDIT: Jinder Mahal, our current WWE Champion, lost a WeeLC match.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 22, 2017

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Also, now Jinder either goes on a losing streak which is tradition for most heel champions, or his monster push inexplicably continues and he keeps winning.

I am ready for either :allears:

I stared into the Abyss, and the Abyss had steroid veins.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This actually just reminded me of when I went to Raw I think 3 years ago now? Anyway there was an awesome Indian couple sitting behind me that shouted amazing chants all night, the main one I remember is "Let's Go Boobies!" when Nikki came out.

That couple bought a Randy Orton sign and a Jinder Mahal sign respectively, so imagine last night was a good night for them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jinder, Lord of Cinder.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Tomorrow night, Jinder will lose the belt to someone who hasn't held it before, then they're lose to someone who hasn't held it before, until the entire Smackdown locker room is full of Fresh New Champions. WWE Champion Fandango. WWE Champion Mojo Rawley. WWE Champion Aiden English.

Then Jinder will win it back at the end of the night.

CubsWoo posted:

I like Jinder, WWE Champion more and more and more and it's clear that they're doing the "Face in India, heel everywhere else" thing

Don't remember the exacts, but didn't they edit broadcasts when Khali was still around so that it'd appear he was top babyface and also main evented every show?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I forget the context for that one, didn't Slater pull a Sid and ask to redo the promo and got a "we're live pal"? It's brilliant all the same.

EDIT: Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbXraf3yXA

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

"Nakamura is really good when he doesn't have to work WWE style."

Ah, well, that's gonna be a shame then innit.

Also,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Legit though don't some steroids generate breast tissue or something like that? Remember when RVD got busted back in 2006 they found estrogen blockers in his car, to slow down/stop breast tissue growing.

• Locked thread