Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
People are trying really hard to hate on Balor because he's another "Chosen One" but instead of being bad, he is good and cool. So people are actually accepting of him to succeed.

It's almost like when someone is handpicked and also doesn't nap for 20 minutes of his 30 min matches, can actually do feats of strength, and can actually talk slightly better than a wooden dummy, an audience will meet you halfway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

bradzilla posted:

Getting a push =/= Being a Chosen One, hth

Finn's run in NXT was very much a Chosen One styled run, and I find it hard to believe people see him as otherwise, even if his role isn't the same on the main roster. Not to mention he will probably fill Roman's slot whenever he pisses hot again in the future or gets injured.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah I never said Finn was good, I said he's better than a wooden dummy. Roman's promos have almost always been less preferable to complete and utter silence.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm glad they're never going to have a tag title reign, at least

This is all filler until next year's Shake Up where Cass goes to SD and wins the world title

I'm really scared that Smackdown Live will trick me into being excited for a Baron Corbin vs. Big Cass main event.

EDIT: also I'm terrified that SD Live has made me believe that Baron Corbin could carry someone to a passable match.

Vaguido fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 16, 2017

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Braun's injury is real, but he's not going to be out for 6 months.

Also, Jinder stood tall last night, he's not winning.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Jinder winning might devalue the title, but it honestly can't be worse than Orton having another boring, passionless, uninteresting set of promos with another heel who might not be very good but at least he's loving trying.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

I wouldn't bitch about Hojo's elbow until I see her do a different finisher. Nothing is set in stone yet, even if Dave is reporting on it.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

This match is probably going to have a similar mortality rate.

It's going to kill more than the Red Wedding since it'll kill an entire crowd, not including the people watching at home.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Eli Wiggum posted:

Finally got around to watching SmackDown and yes, AJ/Jinder was as sloppy as advertised because Jinder's moveset comes from 1985 and he loving telegraphs everything.

I guarantee you KO/AJ is going on last because Randy has no hope of making Jinder look even decent.

Randy/Jinder for opening match, closing with Nakamura is my bet.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I didnt watch so was the show good or not overall?

I'm glad Orton is no longer champion, please never let him hold a loving belt ever again. Please let Rusev be next.

It was a show that happened. Nothing was terrible, nothing was outstanding. Jinder shouldn't be champion, no matter how bad of a champion Randy was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Man it sure is awful that a fresh new champion was crowned instead of the cool dude Randy Orton with all his amazing personality traits.

Furthermore ~fart~

People want fresh new faces in the title scene but that doesn't mean that anyone that hasn't had the title before deserves to win the drat thing. Jinder is trash and has no place in the main event scene on the biggest wrestling promotion in the world.

• Locked thread