Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/16/slain-dnc-staffer-had-contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

Seems as though when you gently caress with Hillary, you get two gunshots to the back.

No wonder poor Bernie gave up what he believed for the DNC.

It should be obvious but, despite this being entirely likely the truth, this news story is absolute garbage journalism.

Their solitary source is completely unverifiable, and all of the claims are vacuous and impossible to back up. Even letting this print is irresponsible to the point of idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stuffguyman posted:

You have to wonder what the DNC had to gain from offing this guy, since the damage was already done at the time. But then you remember that the DNC is above the law, indifferent to the value of human lives, and run by a bunch of spiteful children that can't make a correct decision to save their lives and it makes the whole theory even more likely.

Staggering incompetence.

This also answers basically every other question about American government.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

i heard that a lot of "suicides" can be traced to funeral homes and often cemeteries

But so do you genuinely believe Clinton is not an evil monster capable of murder to further her ambitions

or do you just think that anyone who doesn't oppose Trump is too crazy to take sincerely?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Malinois posted:

You worthless assholes pushing this can officially gently caress right the gently caress off now:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/16/media/seth-rich-family-response-claims-of-wikileaks-contact/index.html

Good work putting that family through more hell.

The state of mass media in this day is disgusting. Eight years ago, I think I had more faith in the direction the news was going.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Oh gently caress off. You and dipshits like you are exactly why it's as bad as it is. You immediately assumed it was true without a single seconds investigation into its validity. Maybe if you had even an ounce of self awareness media outlets wouldn't be able to get away with this poo poo so easily.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It should be obvious but, despite this being entirely likely the truth, this news story is absolute garbage journalism.

Their solitary source is completely unverifiable, and all of the claims are vacuous and impossible to back up. Even letting this print is irresponsible to the point of idiotic.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Goddamn you are dumb as hell.

It's not my fault that you assume things. Maybe slow down between posts, take some time to breathe, let oxygen hit your brain for the first time.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

You literally assumed this baseless story is factual based on nothing. Please don't project your many, many faults onto your betters. It's unbecoming.

I didn't assume the story was factual, I concluded it was false because it's bad reporting. I know it's fun to post, but try to read carefully before you reply or else you might look foolish, which would be very unbecoming indeed.

I do believe that Seth Rich was likely murdered due to being the person who leaked DNC emails to Wikileaks, though, yes. A robbery where nothing is taken in Washington D.C. a week after the leaks seems glaringly suspicious, and it seems exactly the sort of shady poo poo that'd get done in a time as desperate as a Presidential race, and this race of all races. Of course, there's no proof beyond the circumstances.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

But that just could mean the robbers panicked.

It could.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

as i've stated before when you kill a mob in a role playing game you have all the time you want to loot the body for magic rings and coins. when you shoot someone in the street in a modern american city you run as fast as you can before anyone looks out their window at you so they can describe you to the police, who will likely arrive soon

it's really no shocker here that seth rich conspiracy fanboys don't really know how human beings work in real life

Doesn't take that long to check a pocket.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

DEFINITELY the first thing i want to do after a robbery gone wrong in which i've just shot my victim, is touch them a bunch and leave lots of physical evidence all over their clothes and body, potentially getting their blood on me, etc.

Coincidentally, a professional assassin would also want to avoid leaving trace evidence

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yet the Russians "hacking" our elections is somehow not at all a crazy conspiracy theory

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

who said anything about that itt? seems like you no longer want to talk about seth rich and how he obviously was not murdered by the DNC, and how you embarassed yourself by accidentally exposing your disturbing levels of ignorance. is this all it takes to defuse your passion to uncover the truth? some cheap insults?

Hillary get off the goddamn innernet

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CDHiggs posted:

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I feel like one is a distraction from the other.

Hm. Or maybe they are both distractions...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NotWearingPants posted:

It is a known fact acknowledged by both democrats and republicans in congress who have seen the evidence.

I have tablets that bear the word of God. They are inside this hat, and only I may look at them. But they are totally for real.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

What kind of sicko would gently caress a retard?

Your father, for one.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

"That story on Fox 5 last night was inaccurate," Wheeler said. "I don't even know where the computers are."

They moved fast to scare him into silence. Obviously got a little close to the sun.

The truth is out there.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

That's an article from wired, I'm not going to give that any respect when you discredit buzzfeed and other sites that you don't agree with

Buzzfeed is garbage.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

So is wired. They are both poo poo nobody should listen to.

I mean, the Wired article seems to use credible sources and report verifiable information, whereas Buzzfeed prints idiotic clickbait who just prints anything that crosses their path.

Hulk Hogan needs to destroy them too.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Well, they're saying things I agree with this time so they're good and not fake news"

Buzzfeed printed that absurd Trump golden shower "report" which was absolute unverified nonsense and ruined their credibility utterly

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

are you deliberately trying to misunderstand the issue

do you understand the issue?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thirsty Girl posted:

enough to know that "hacked the election" is a sweeping oversimplification that is being used to discount/ignore specific claims by the FBI and NSA

The gently caress specific claims

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

tbh if Hillary and the DNC hadn't rigged the primary in her favor and Bernie had won it (which he would have easily) the DNC would have murdered him like a dog in the street prior to the general election

He was an old man, the heart attack was totally natural causes

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Alex Jones is a national treasure.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

oh my god I want this speech in writing

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

Is it too late to submit my conspiracy theory?

One gunshot was from the DNC.
One shot was from the Russians.
The GOP shot too, but hit his hunting partner.

name your source

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

Milo is a pedophile not a nazi

Milo is a victim of sexual abuse who has been maligned by people who would normally feign compassion towards him were his politics not opposed to theirs.

The context of his words reveals past trauma and a horrible defense mechanism forcing him to override his PTSD with bleak humor

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

lol Milo is another psychopath. If he was a darling of the left I'm not sure if you'd be there to defend him.

I've listened to Milo speak and I don't honestly see why he inspires the hysteria he does. Nobody on the left causes nearly as much umbrage. Everyone hemmed and hawed during Obama, but folks didn't really do much; Milo causes students to tear apart their own drat campuses for no good reason.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Maybe it's the liberals who are racist, ignoring the literal Nazi murders that have started happening"

I can't help but notice that there was a string of race riots during the Obama administration, with one of the most poignant images I saw being the announcement that Michael Brown's killer had gotten off, and with Obama limply calling for peace and civility, on the other side of the screen there were images of people raising a ruckus in front of City Hall.

Armed police firing tear gas into protesters. Barack "we tortured some folks" Obama telling everyone to settle down, while the nation smolders and he could have done something too, but what does Barry Obama care about some hood rats in fuckall Missouri? The best he did--the sign perhaps of an aching conscience--was pardon the lifetime sentences of marijuana convicts, but that's a pretty petty gesture, to treat the symptom and not the disease.

God you know what really infuriates me the most about this electoral season it's that only now, after endless years of bitching about gender pronouns and safe spaces and dancing with the stars only now are you loving people suddenly "deeply concerned" about abuses of federal overreach, about the state of race relations in a country that systematically arrests more black men than any other demographic, that cages more human beings than any other nation in the history of the world, and the only reason you care now is because the charming rear end in a top hat who was selling this to you went away and you don't like the next rear end in a top hat who everybody chose to replace him. Suddenly it's like you've always been concerned about civil liberties being violated, even as you blithely shrugged your shoulders when Bernie Sanders was hijacked by a fascist oval office, hemmed and hawed when Clinton's foundation was revealed to be a farce, and that emails leaked by the DNC directly allude to the President of the United States accepting payoffs from major banks which were proven completely correct after he was out of office and none of you loving cared

None of you cared until Trump took over, and now you're still trying to look down your noses at people, now you want desperately to believe in the hysteria the media is trying to whip up. You are ignoring ANY other troubling aspect of this current reality because you have been convinced, by either your wounded pride or the mass media itself, that Donald Trump is so very, positively dangerous to this country that ANY means to oust him from power is acceptable. The sheer insanity of this notion, particularly coupled by how openly corrupt teh Democratic Party was revealed to be this election, as a political outsider for the first time became elected President on a surge of widespread populist support (in every place besides NY and LA) is horrifying to me.

You don't see how this ends. Maybe you don't care. You haven't until now.

Like you all think the Fourth Reich is coming to America? Barack Obama is the guy who suspended habeas corpus. That's right, if Donald Trump takes the power to kidnap people and make them disappear to fascist extremes, you know damned well that it was your guy who gave him that ability.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Goddamn this hurts to read. Please stop using words I don't understand.

no

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

Translation: "Well maybe YOU stupid liberals should have stopped US from abusing our power!"

Maybe you should have gotten "woke" a lot sooner

Feminasty Slut posted:

All the effort posts in the world won't change the fact that you poo poo your pants and voted for a retard. lol

Gary Johnson may not be a smart man, but he is not a retard.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

Wait a second, BODYGUARDS DYING?! However could this be, when their profession is such a safe and peaceful one.

You're kind of silly, aren't you

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hobelhouse posted:

"Black Lives Matter sucks! We need to remember ALL lives matter, not just black ones!"

On the other side of the mouth...

"loving hypocrite libs never gave a drat about excessive incarceration until Barry was out of office, loving assholes, how do they sleep at night?"

I actually made the point of saying that BLM as an organization was loving awful at communicating their core message, which was that blacks are overwhelmingly targeted by law enforcement, and through a string of bad optics and likely genuine defamation actions, they had all of their momentum sucked out.

I voted for Obama because I felt he would, among other things, address and correct the War on Drugs. His failure to do this adds his name to the long list of men, mostly white men, who share the blame for every non-violent drug user killed or incarcerated in this country.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
To wit, the War on Drugs remains a lasting problem that, until addressed, stymies any genuine attempt to bridge the divide between racial groups in this country.

Curious what Hillary "Superpredators" Clinton woulda done to fix that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

How about ending the on-going genocide against Native Americans?

Legalize weed, they can stop loving murdering themselves with alcohol.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

Lets look at the years spanning since European colonist arrived in north america for Native American murder/genocide rate..... ooohhh

Smallpox did most of the work, the Europeans would have been snuffed out in a heartbeat had not a century of disease gone through the area.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's absolutely not surprising that Fox retracted the "story" since the thing they posted was entirely without merit or basis in anything but "he said they said" which is weak even by Fox News standards.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Well if we're splitting hairs, Trump had a small Inauguration

Poor people can't travel far

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

He was killed before they released the emails

July 10, 2016 – Seth Rich Killed

July 22, 2016 – Wikileaks publishes 19,252 emails and 8,034 attachments from the DNC

This doesn't really preclude the leaks. It's entirely likely that Wikileaks sat on the emails for some time, though it does cast a bit of doubt on the theory; after all, why would he be killed a full 12 days prior to the leaks? Why wouldn't the leaks have come out sooner?

Of course, Wikileaks would be able to provide the date that they received the leaks, but it'd likely be too close to compromising their methodology, which given their current circumstance would be highly dangerous. It's troublesome all the way down, although of course, it doesn't matter so much at this point; beyond finding justice for Rich's killer, the damage the leaks did has already been done, and Trump is in the White House. The only thing that directly connecting the DNC to Rich's murder would do is ultimately erode the Democratic Party and ensure Trump a second term.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

The earliest he could have supplied the emails was like two months prior

May 25, 2016 - Date of the last email in the DNC Email Archive released by Wikileaks

Inneresting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nerses IV posted:

Good thing he didn't say poo poo when he was found conscious at the scene

He was probably saying "ouch, I have been shot" in some form or another.

• Locked thread