Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vakal
May 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

sonya and genny got married in their endings. gay marriage isn't legal in echoesland which is why genny had to lie about it and why they had to leave for a bit. they went to fateslandia and got married there. then they came back and spread the witch rumor to escape noted anti-gay activists, like kamui.

When Faye finally gets it through her psychotic head that she and Alm can never be together, she immediately starts putting the moves on Silque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Endorph posted:

sonya and genny got married in their endings. gay marriage isn't legal in echoesland which is why genny had to lie about it and why they had to leave for a bit. they went to fateslandia and got married there. then they came back and spread the witch rumor to escape noted anti-gay activists, like kamui.

okay but sonya reminds genny of her mom and that's not my kink

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

genny x atlas imo

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I thought Genny got married to Jesse since they had a support bonus despite never interacting plus her husband has to be male since, you know.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Last Celebration posted:

I thought Genny got married to Jesse since they had a support bonus despite never interacting plus her husband has to be male since, you know.

She said she like "Older men" in one of her base convos so it must be Nomah.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Vakal posted:

Finally finished the game and here are a couple things I've noticed about the world of Valentia:

- The political and social structure of the realm is governed by the size of a person's cape. Villagers are cape-less and thus of no worth to society, but as a person gain ranks and changes their class
they gain increasing larger and multi-layered capes to designate their new status. This trend continues right up to the King who wears a cape large enough to cover a small bus. I was legitimately surprised the gods were represented as dragons and not by giant sentient capes.

- The entire economy is apparently based on the trading of alcohol to the point where even the dregs of an half drank ale bottle are worth more than a finely crafted sword or shield.

Vakal is this your first FE? If so, then understand that in Fire Emblem sans the Tellius Saga and a tiny bit of Elibe. All Gods are Dragons.

The Elimine Church seems to be the only church that worships an abrahamic-style God in any FE game. And we don't really see any deities in Magvel. But for all other continents these things are pretty easy to assume.

-God is actually a Dragon of some sort.
-Dragons, inevitably (unless they slumber for thousands of years) will grow insane, their power corrupting their minds until they become single minded in their pursuits and a danger to all around them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless I'm forgetting something pretty major, I think that it was this game which established that dragons going mad over time is an inevitability, rather than just a possibility. The closest I can think of is FE3 establishing that dragons who stay in their dragon form too long go feral.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

cheetah7071 posted:

Unless I'm forgetting something pretty major, I think that it was this game which established that dragons going mad over time is an inevitability, rather than just a possibility. The closest I can think of is FE3 establishing that dragons who stay in their dragon form too long go feral.
Fates was pretty explicit about it I think, though it was kind of a throwaway line. I forget which path it's in but the Rainbow Sage mentions at some point that every "higher being" eventually goes insane if they stay in the world too long.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FE2 itself technically established it, it just had barely any dialogue and a terrible fan TL so it was kind of up in the air.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

cheetah7071 posted:

I was referring to Tiki when I said the sleeping for 1000 years thing delayed it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
SoV got a patch. What did it fix? Who knows, it's the annoying nintendo poo poo of "tuned for pleasant experience" instead of actual patch notes.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
What should I do with Clive? He's soooo bad compared to the rest of Alm's army. I have some pitchforks but i have no idea what to do with them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Levantine posted:

What should I do with Clive? He's soooo bad compared to the rest of Alm's army. I have some pitchforks but i have no idea what to do with them.
make any male into a mercenary and grats, they're good

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Endorph posted:

make any male into a mercenary and grats, they're good

Good to know. My sword mans have been real solid, but I was afraid to overload the army with them. Magic seems really good too but not everyone makes a good mage thanks to the way spells are learned, right?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Levantine posted:

Good to know. My sword mans have been real solid, but I was afraid to overload the army with them. Magic seems really good too but not everyone makes a good mage thanks to the way spells are learned, right?

Spell list:

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/learned-spells/

Atlas for Celica's army is actually a good mage because of his spell list.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Levantine posted:

Best I've found with Clive is to equip him with a good resistance shield like the Hexlock and send him to the front line along side Mathilda so she gets the support bonus from him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haha, the cipher DLC owns.

Ema asks if you want to help her and if you refuse she just begs even more pathetically. She has like a dozen different lines if you keep saying no.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Playing this game, owns. I'm not nearly as harsh on Fates as most people here but having said that it's still refreshing as hell having something so different and a script not written by a robot.

My RNG is screwed however. My Cleric Faye is worse than my Silque and my Forsyth owns. Alms team in general are almost on par with Celica's when I gather hers should usually be miles better.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Why are the Duma Tower and Duma Temple so loooooong uuuuuugh

All of the unskippable battles in this game really dragged it down for me.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Why are the Duma Tower and Duma Temple so loooooong uuuuuugh

All of the unskippable battles in this game really dragged it down for me.

final dungeon of each route.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, but they never end! And each time someone was able to promote, I'd have to haul my rear end back to the statue and then all the enemies would respawn so I'd need to do it all over again. Those dungeons could have been better implemented and less identical looking so you wouldn't get lost as often.

And then constant respawning enemies on the world map is horrible.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well, uh, who as part of your endgame team of ten still need to promote in the final dungeons?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
To be honest I assumed there was more game on Celica's route so I went with a pretty poo poo party to try leveling my more lagging guys behind (and that didn't even work since I couldn't be assed to hike back to the statue since, you know, I thought there was more game). Alm's makes it fairly explicit that Duma Temple is a point of no return at least and feels like it had more buildup.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Pureauthor posted:

Well, uh, who as part of your endgame team of ten still need to promote in the final dungeons?

I think on Alm's side it was only Gray because he was a Dread Fighter....maybe Delthea too?

On Celica's, it was Deen, Jesse, and Atlas who were still Myrmidons by the time of the last dungeon because Saber and Kamui were so crazy that I had very little need for them.

Last Celebration posted:

To be honest I assumed there was more game on Celica's route so I went with a pretty poo poo party to try leveling my more lagging guys behind (and that didn't even work since I couldn't be assed to hike back to the statue since, you know, I thought there was more game). Alm's makes it fairly explicit that Duma Temple is a point of no return at least and feels like it had more buildup.

Yeah, I did the same. I took in a weaker party to help them catch up. And they caught up...and up...and up.

Anyway, I'm starting the last fight now! Let's hope I don't get too destroyed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

Playing this game, owns. I'm not nearly as harsh on Fates as most people here but having said that it's still refreshing as hell having something so different and a script not written by a robot.

My RNG is screwed however. My Cleric Faye is worse than my Silque and my Forsyth owns. Alms team in general are almost on par with Celica's when I gather hers should usually be miles better.

hers aren't really better as individual units, she just gets 3-5 mercenaries who have insane class bases

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Genny's early invoke is also invaluable, enemies love targetting the ghosts over your own units it seems.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like the AI is flagged to target the NPCs over your own units unless there's a way for them to immediately score a kill on one of your units on an individual basis. The ai's definitely dumber than it is in Fates, at any rate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Emma is a fun character. Yuzu is basically eh

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it is more that the ai is designed to go after the weakest units and in general summoned units will be weaker then almost anything else on the field.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
So you can decide whose army to plop the Cipher characters onto, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

So you can decide whose army to plop the Cipher characters onto, right?

Kinda. Whichever army you do the dlc with gets them, but the characters come in duos and can't be separated. So Emma and Randal and Yuzu and Shade. You could give Alm E & R and Celica Y & S, but you couldn't give Alm E & S.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The supports between the Ciphers are probably the longest supports in the game.

Also, Emma can triangle attack with herself, literally called Solo Triangle Attack.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
That sucks, I'd like to give Alm another Peg Knight and Celica a Cav, but you can't split those two up

Pitchfork time!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Do I need to just pray that Celica's Ragnarok scores a critical against Jeddah in the final, final battle or is there something I'm missing? I am getting my rear end handed to me in this fight.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

definitely preferable to kill him in one shot if you can. celica's ragnarok is one way but alm's double lion hits twice before the enemy can move and has a high crit rate. that's what i used. other than that it's just..triggering his first three counterattacks with high avoid+res people, probably dread fighters

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Getting the pegasus sisters in position to Triangle attack and kill Jedah in one shot is the swagiest thing to do in this game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just use Delthea or Mae to do the deed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hunter's Volley

:smuggo:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

Just use Delthea or Mae to do the deed.

This!
Delthea and Mae were undisputed MVPs of my campaign, the destruction they bring is amazing.
Though Catria, Claire and Mathilda all put up very strong showings as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Final map talk: how I killed Jedah on the final map was send in DF Gray, Saber, and Kamui, then send in whoever for the kill.

Another thing was abusing invoke as mentioned before. As others have said, the ai is dumb and goes for the invoke summons most of the time.

The DFs and Knight that started on Alm's side hit hard, but just distracting them with invoke, or only letting them get 1 hit in was enough to keep them from causing too much trouble.

for the rest of the guys, I abused range to bait and kill the witch sisters. The Death casting dude never moved, so I just let the invokes have fun with him, and kept all my dudes out of Death range.

After that I basically killed Duma by sending in Alm with warp+rescue.

There's probably faster ways to do it, especially with Duma, but I'm no top ltc fire emblem strategy person, so :shobon:

Having recovery on items and positioning your saints to passively help with upheavals was also good in my experience

• Locked thread