Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i really like how everyone looks human and then bam blue skinned, pure black eyes, and pointy ears comes along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
How do you guys decide who recruits who?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pastrymancy posted:

Alm should recruit everybody he can

The fact that Celica can grab people from Alm's army is mostly just leftover jank from Gaiden, not like an interesting decision point

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

they recruit the people that are on their routes. done.

it's a gimmick for repeat playthroughs, not at all something you should seriously consider. in the original game it was basically a glitch.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Strongly considering making Gray a Cav so I can pretend he's my man Sain.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I beat the necro dragon and got a blessed ring. Genny has infinite invoke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

Strongly considering making Gray a Cav so I can pretend he's my man Sain.
he would pretty much be sain, even str wise

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
celica's first level was almost perfect, she only missed on her already high res

she is now my favorite character

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Endorph posted:

lol mercenary kliff got two perfect levels in a row and is now soloing the game with the levin sword. gaiden baby

This has pretty much been my Kliff since I made him a merc too. He is pulling well ahead of his fellows.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I appreciate wanting to keep the level of supports to a manageable level but it would've been nice if every character had at least two imo; Kliff's only support being with Tobin and the first two stages of that support consisting of "Hey Kliff" "Shut up Tobin" is kinda disappointing.

game owns otherwise tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dmboogie posted:

I appreciate wanting to keep the level of supports to a manageable level but it would've been nice if every character had at least two imo; Kliff's only support being with Tobin and the first two stages of that support consisting of "Hey Kliff" "Shut up Tobin" is kinda disappointing.

game owns otherwise tho

yeah i think 2-3. part of it might have just been the full voice acting tho, that ain't cheap.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
It's nice that Mila's Turnwheel exists so I can turn back time until these npcs get crits on the pirates so they don't kill the stupid archer before I can get to them

Warp would have been really nice here

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't want to dig through the thread for full spoilers, but are there any traps or things I should really know in advance like "don't recruit this guy he sucks and if you wait until X to get him you get some OMGthing"?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Some of the recruits require backtracking. I've seen a lot of people miss out on the whitewings.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bruceski posted:

I don't want to dig through the thread for full spoilers, but are there any traps or things I should really know in advance like "don't recruit this guy he sucks and if you wait until X to get him you get some OMGthing"?

You can use every pair of fountains 3 times split however you want (so 3 of 1, or 2/1).

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tae posted:

Some of the recruits require backtracking. I've seen a lot of people miss out on the whitewings.

Is this indicated in any way?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dmboogie posted:

Is this indicated in any way?

They'll say "hey we're going back to town now" and then if you don't go back to town you don't recruit them

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Just starting, this is some Shadow Dragon-tier production values except with better overworld sprites, actual combat models, and voice acting - good voice acting!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Dungeon Mowing Simulator 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

Just starting, this is some Shadow Dragon-tier production values except with better overworld sprites, actual combat models, and voice acting - good voice acting!

so...nothing like shadow dragon?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

so...nothing like shadow dragon?
this game probably has the highest production values of any fe game ever made, unless you really wanna go to bat for fe10's cg.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well the anime cutscenes are pretty bad compared to awakening and fates

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bruceski posted:

also the only real trap is (minor gameplay spoilers) during chapter 3 grieth will send two of his lackeys at you, deen and sonya. when you kill one, the other will retreat and let you recruit them later. this isn't really a 'trap,' since you get one of them no matter what, but it's possible to realize you aren't making a choice on who to recruit. deen's a dread fighter, sonya's a mage. deen's insanely good out of the box and probably the best of the mercs in the game, sonya's competing with mae for best mage but has to do some leveling to reach her full potential, though she isn't a nino or est or anything, she just isn't as broken from the start as deen is. either is fine. If you want to know which one is 'canon' or whatever, Sonya has some minor plot relevance while Deen is just a guy.

Cake Attack posted:

well the anime cutscenes are pretty bad compared to awakening and fates
tbh i heavily disagree, the animation here is really strong. the animation in the big fight scene with the empy is super cool and snappy compared to chrom and validar waving their CG effect dicks around for seventeen minutes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you try to attack someone over stairs at range, you can get angles where you can't see the enemy at all, and your attack just clips through, which is kinda lol.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

tbh i heavily disagree, the animation here is really strong. the animation in the big fight scene with the empy is super cool and snappy compared to chrom and validar waving their CG effect dicks around for seventeen minutes.

ive only seen like two of them but they look at lot more choppy with less detailed character models. i dunno maybe ive only seen the bad ones, or maybe im just remember the other two as being better then they are

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

ive only seen like two of them but they look at lot more choppy with less detailed character models. i dunno maybe ive only seen the bad ones, or maybe im just remember the other two as being better then they are

the choppiness is cool!!! it's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there's way more noticeable character animation.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im gonna need cheetah to weigh in on this

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I like the choppiness in the 3d cutscenes quite a bit

it reminds me of xrd

RME
Feb 20, 2012

my units really love to crit when i try and setup kills

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

im gonna need cheetah to weigh in on this

I can't remember any of them besides the one with all the apples

I can't tell you whether it was well-animated or not but I liked the apples

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RME posted:

Same. Alm decided he needed to be a badass and pull out a double crit on the first boss before I killed all of his lackeys.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the line thickness on clive's chin is bugging me to an unreasonable degree lmao

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

gray is my best friend, thanks for listening.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress this goddamn desert

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Is it that bad? I thought Celica's army was all mages and you got the good whitewings by then.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

The first cantor on Celica's route is pretty tough - are you actually supposed to kill him, or does he go away after a while? I only managed to take him out because Saber rolled a crit on an absymal hit chance.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Are growths not as good in this game as the older ones or am I just bad with rng?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

Are growths not as good in this game as the older ones or am I just bad with rng?

A lot of characters have lower growths compared to FE6 onward, looking at the serenes page, with the exception of Alm/Celica, the pegs and some of the later recruits in advanced classes. But yeah, growths are only high/low relative to enemy strength; everyone complains about Shadow Dragon's growths but enemies there are far more manageable than on Conquest Hard.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 20, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RME posted:

6% seem way more accurate in this game, while 80% hits can sometimes feel almost like a coin toss. Wonder if the algorithm was changed or something.

Anyway, I got this game today and played through Act 1. It's good and I like it a lot! Act 1 kinda feels like just a prologue, but it was fun and I like most of the new mechanics. Also, all the characters are cool and get base conversations. Many even get to exist in cutscenes and the story so that's really good and great! Honestly, the story's felt pretty decent so far as well beyond how silly it feels for Alm to just be invited to become rebel leader. Only problem is how the maps either feel super open or utterly claustrophobic.

Also, the Lightning Sword is maybe too good. But there were points in the game where I think I might not have really been able to get through without a second unit that targets Res. And I can't be too mad at it because it is making my favourite dude Gray even cooler, even if his attack stat is almost catching up to it's base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, they do not want you to backtrack in chapter 3. Got annihilated by Gargoyles when I wanted to promote Python and Clive when I tried to go to the Thieve's cave. They double everyone and even Alm could barely scratch them.

• Locked thread