Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Which classes look coolest for which villagers? That is all I need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What I saw in some videos of people playing late game suggests non mages can learn skills that work a bit like spells to do certain tricks. Like an archer can learn some kind of super shot skill that lets him hit from even further away for the cost of a few hp.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Promoting is done at shrines between regular battles, right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

If you learn spells by class progression, but revert to villager to do another class, do you keep the spells? Can you have Demon Fighters with Sage spells if you're a crazy person?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Endorph posted:

her jp name is efi dude

i don't think it's some 'hahaha intsys just OWNED classic fans....' thing or anything it's just gentle teasing. the director of the game is a huge fe grognard himself and said he's played gaiden like 60 times. if anything it's probably just a self-aware joke more than anything.

What does her japanese name have to do with anything? Why is that a joke or tease?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Do Kliff and Faye have supports with anyone on Celica's side? Is there a good reason to have her get them besides doing it for the sake of it? I mean, she apparently has her share of peg knights and mercenaries, so I guess they could be her cavaliers?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Endorph posted:

lol what

lol I was about to ask, "Polygon?" and then I just googled the text you quoted and yes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

But the mages have different stats and it's like....what? Why is this mage more dangerous than the last one?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Strongly considering making Gray a Cav so I can pretend he's my man Sain.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Endorph posted:

lol mercenary kliff got two perfect levels in a row and is now soloing the game with the levin sword. gaiden baby

This has pretty much been my Kliff since I made him a merc too. He is pulling well ahead of his fellows.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Kliff is my best unit as a mercenary. Holy moly. So far he's +3 Atk, +5 Skl, +6 Spd, +9 Luck, +4 Def, +6 Res over Gray. His Rating is 136, the highest in both armies.

loving loving Clive and Mathilda's supports.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

RME posted:

Faye is cool but i realized that when i made her a pegasus knight i only perpetuated the pegasus knight with an unrequited love for the lord

Well poo poo I guess peg Faye is canon now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Terper posted:

Make Faye a Cleric, you'll want someone capable of hitting Res.

Faye vampirizing Alm's enemies while looking him dead in the eyes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Missed opportunity to make one of the pegs gay for Celica.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Note if you want you can make a silver weapon out of a steel. If you want to not wait on the natural silver bow to appear and you have coins to spare.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

What is the highest might you can get on a sword so I can make one for Atlas and just call it "the World."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I really, really like the job Mae's voice actress is doing. She's got a lot of personality.

"I'm at TOP of my game!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Celica gets the Rion and Fugue shields, and can give the Fugue shield to the correct guy, but the Rion guy was in Zofia castle. Do I have to know in advance this happens so I can send the Rion to Alm through the Peddler or is there another way to get the Rion shield to its guy?

Also, I think I had a glitch in some quest giver. I went to the Sylvan shrine and cleared it, and a woman in the forest village thanked me, then started asking if i'd saved her husband. I don't remember rescuing anyone at this point, though maybe I did? Just a bug causing a looped quest prompt, or may I have missed something?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah a lot of these maps are not friends to knights. Why do they insist on not giving them any move? They already have low speed. Let them move up front to do their job!

Did Dead Man's Mire for the first time. c
Celica's maps really like to pile on the -move tiles.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Least it works both ways, as my Leon one shot the boss of Celica's third act. Put that in your gargoyle's belly, punk!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

They also seem weirdly high on the attack priority. I think the ai focuses on stuff it can more reliably hit than what big ticket damage it could do? I have had situations where I was trying to feed a kill to a low def target and the monster went after Valbar or Lukas instead.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I am convinced I am in a negaworld where the white wings are in fact bad because if they weren't getting constant support they'd be dying constantly. They do almost no damage compared to any of my dread fighters, and giving them better lances just means they get doubled by anything that's not a Cantor. Palla in particular has forced me to use the turnwheel more than any other character in both armies.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Tae posted:

You're dealing like 50 damage with +15 hit, why do you need to double

And I thought the lightning sword skill Foudayant was nice.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

If IntSys is going to insist on not giving Barons move I wish they'd get special knight-class only spawn points so they can start out ahead of the pack. There was one map full of cavs that had a spawn point set apart from the rest of the team where I could put Lucas with the Riderbane just out by himself and he ate that entire half of the map by himself.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Terper posted:

The solution to every map in the game is Warp. Silque is lowkey best character in the game.

Also good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Which saddens me because Kliff is my star unit. I throw him at anything and he tanks it while doubling it. He could end the war by himself.

Tobin hypes himself after a win by saying "Alm has nothing on me!" but in Kliff's case it is true.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Give Leon a killer bow. I one shot him that way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Speaking of character specific, I like this idea of character specific spells to some extent, but I'd like it to also apply to non-mage classes. It might give each of the sword guys more of a niche over each other besides "the strong one" or "the fast one" if they learned different skills natively by leveling like the priests and mages do. And it could tie in with character details if Kliff learned something like Hexblade so he could always target res like a mage even if he was a non-mage class.

In earlier games, characters would have a variety of skills that they either came with or unlocked at promotion, but I kind of like this very RPG unlock by level system to set members of the same class apart.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Endorph posted:

it's not so much 'more fleshed out' but more grounded. 90% of the fates characters are just totally random guys who could have come from anywhere and have basically no past, but everyone here has an actual place in the world and talks about their families and stuff, or how they were raised, or where they come from. mathilda casually mentioning she has a bunch of sisters who all really admire her or kliff mentioning that his mom's selfish and greedy is more backstory than hinata ever gets.

Yeah, their supports or conversations don't really linger overlong or get drawn out, but they do tell us a bit more about who these people are when they're not killing for Alm or Celica.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Can you do part of the dlc with one and then the other, or is it an all or nothing?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Endorph posted:

the dlc's split up into two groups, one with lando and the peg knight girl and one with yuzu and shade. you can do one of those with alm and one of those with celica, but you couldn't split up peg and lando or yuzu and shade.

I see. Thanks.

Do the pairs have supports with each other?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

Is it 1 for spells too? My Kliff (man he's an okay character but that's a dumb name) has 10 speed and was hitting dudes with 9 speed but not doubling.

Kliff is a German name and is in fact very good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I suppose if you are very, very patient, because they are quite weak in my opinion.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I love Valbar on maps that work with his strengths, which there are increasingly few of as I go through Celica's side of things.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I love Leon. With a Killer Bow he's right up there with my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Deen is another Jesse support, but Sonya is Genny's. I went Sonya and she's...okay, but I certainly wouldn't mind taking Deen next time around.

• Locked thread