Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Playing this game, owns. I'm not nearly as harsh on Fates as most people here but having said that it's still refreshing as hell having something so different and a script not written by a robot.

My RNG is screwed however. My Cleric Faye is worse than my Silque and my Forsyth owns. Alms team in general are almost on par with Celica's when I gather hers should usually be miles better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Prism posted:

Do either of the duos have support conversations with people not in their pair?

Nope. They're good supports though, longer than the norm for this game (so average support length for other FEs).

I've also just beaten the game. It ranks pretty highly for me, and the brevity means I'm keen to replay it a lot sooner than I usually want to replay an FE. Maybe a Blitzkrieg run?

Also downloaded the Cipher characters since I started late and they came out when I was midway through Act 3. Which is pretty good timing in terms of power, they slotted into my party nicely. Gave Randal/Emma to Celica and Shade/Yuzu to Alm. Still haven't decided if the other way around would be better (Emma was great for even more Pegasus murder but Randal hated the deserts and swamps).

Overall a good game though. Refreshingly fuckin weird FE. Whoever said it plays more like an FF Tactics game was spot on.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I think I wouldn't like Berkut nearly as much without the voice acting.

Also I beat Thabes today. Yay.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Anyway, there was a lot of stuff I liked about it. The 2 different armies was a pretty good feature, although it would have been nice if you got a dungeon at the end where you could use both, rather than just the final battle.

There's always Thabes

• Locked thread