Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vakal posted:

Is there a good way of making large amounts of silver coins? I usually have enough gold to cover my upgrading costs, but I always seemed to be starved for silver.
give someone the golden dagger, have them earth's boon as many people to death as they can, sell the resulting food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

warp a dread fighter into the building

congratulations, you have completed a great game and proven the justice of our culture

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

I was having a very hard time on the Alm Story chapter with the Sluice gate when I realized the enemy world map spawns had backed up so much that an enemy army had been trapped on that map and thus to added a bajillion Archaists with mire to the level. I finally ended up walking back and forth on the World map till they moved so I could kill them separately and it made the entire level 100 times easier.
you could also have killed them and retreated from the fight and they would have stayed dead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you pick sonya and make atlas into something else celica only has 3 sword dudes which isn't exactly a lot in a game with only six classes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'cause i wanna gently caress sonya

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sonya and genny got married in their endings. gay marriage isn't legal in echoesland which is why genny had to lie about it and why they had to leave for a bit. they went to fateslandia and got married there. then they came back and spread the witch rumor to escape noted anti-gay activists, like kamui.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vakal posted:

Does anyone besides Sonya even have contextual dialogue when facing an specific opponent on the battlefield?

Even combos like Clive vs Fernand and Alm vs Berkut just gives you the generic battle taunt.
Alm and Celica have dialogue with Rudolf and Judah respectively. Besides that, no.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FE2 itself technically established it, it just had barely any dialogue and a terrible fan TL so it was kind of up in the air.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Levantine posted:

What should I do with Clive? He's soooo bad compared to the rest of Alm's army. I have some pitchforks but i have no idea what to do with them.
make any male into a mercenary and grats, they're good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haha, the cipher DLC owns.

Ema asks if you want to help her and if you refuse she just begs even more pathetically. She has like a dozen different lines if you keep saying no.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

Playing this game, owns. I'm not nearly as harsh on Fates as most people here but having said that it's still refreshing as hell having something so different and a script not written by a robot.

My RNG is screwed however. My Cleric Faye is worse than my Silque and my Forsyth owns. Alms team in general are almost on par with Celica's when I gather hers should usually be miles better.

hers aren't really better as individual units, she just gets 3-5 mercenaries who have insane class bases

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like the AI is flagged to target the NPCs over your own units unless there's a way for them to immediately score a kill on one of your units on an individual basis. The ai's definitely dumber than it is in Fates, at any rate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

So you can decide whose army to plop the Cipher characters onto, right?

Kinda. Whichever army you do the dlc with gets them, but the characters come in duos and can't be separated. So Emma and Randal and Yuzu and Shade. You could give Alm E & R and Celica Y & S, but you couldn't give Alm E & S.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the idea of not killing jedah because then he watches duma die and is just 'oh... ohhh...'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I can't tell much difference between yuze and sayri

hair colors
hair styles
names
outfits
outfit colors
voices
classes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Seth is in the running for best Fire Emblem character (relative to enemy strength) in the series. Only FE9 Titania and Robin really give him a run for his money.
dagda. it helps that he's actually in a hard game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, keep a couple of drinks for the final dungeon since it has like three boss fights and its easy to wander into the final battle without any turnwheel uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Finally found the time to beat Echoes today! I definitely missed how quick and easy it was to jump into Fire Emblem and smash reds, since my last FE game I beat was Awakening. After experimenting a little bit with Act 1, I ended up making my main run a Blitzkrieg and Fire Emblem run, so Hard Classic. There are a number of places where things got pretty frustrating if I wasn't prepared enough to put up a fight at the right time.

If I had a criticism about (Hard mode) gameplay and I guess FE Gaiden, it's the huge difference between units with double-digit Res stats and units that don't. I felt like Alm's route had the best balance because of how fights devolved less into alpha-striking with huge spells while avoiding "gotcha" moments from enemy spellcasters, especially ones that had RNG-reliant Mire/Death/Medusa. Enemy Dread Fighters mixed things up a bit later in the story, but were more like man-shaped missiles to defuse rather than troopers who were there to trade blows.

Hidari's art is nice and it's great that the original game was reimagined into something immersive, but the biggest surprise for me was the absolutely fantastic full voice work. We've kind of accepted character stills/artwork for granted in RPGs for a long time now, so I wasn't expecting much in terms of characterization on first sight. Instead, some of the ways the actors hammed up their roles really brought them to life for me. A few months ago I was ready to also play a separate file of Echoes hacked to be an un-dub out of crippling weeb elitism :coal: I'm sure it's that I've just been out of touch for a long time in terms of localized JRPGs and haven't played a lot of recent ones with voice work to know any better.
There's a lot of recent JRPGs with really great dubs, and a few that are actually better than the original voices. Like Cold Steel. Cold Steel's dub is way, way better than the original JP, and the original JP performances aren't even bad.

• Locked thread