Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I dislike the normal FE promotion system so the one in this seems like a straight upgrade to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

Slightly more enemies or different types of enemies, but it's mostly just higher enemy stats. Echoes hard is about on the same level as Conquest hard, I'd say, though slightly easier since the maps themselves are way less of a pain.

I'm a bit past chapter 1 and so far this has been a lot easier than Conquest hard.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 19, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

wait till you start getting hosed by witches

I look forward to it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress this goddamn desert

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Are there any obvious choices for items I should trade between armies with the merchant?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just grabbed the treasure and ran out before they could fight me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Same with Boey's ragnarok, though honestly Boey's so poo poo I just use him and Nomah as (terrible, 1 range) staffbots.

Boey is great at not being good enough to kill enemies so I can level my other units easier

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of forging, are there any especially good weapon evolves I should be going for?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

I mean I've played gaiden 3-4 times so I don't think it's unfair to compare conquest's maps to it. conquest didn't have map design it just had stupid gimmicks, a lot of the maps were still basically boxes or strings of chokepoints, there was no thought put into enemy placement or terrain, it's just you'd get blown around by a wind machine or have a button to freeze every enemy to make up for the fact that the enemy placement was basically gaiden with higher damage and hit rates.

I disagree.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

The wind map allowed you to manipulate the winds to move faster and get into good enemy range.

The worst map in Conquest is the terrible kitsune map.

Yeah that map was awful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mila's turnwheel made this game pretty easy even on hard since I could actually make mistakes and try risky stuff without having to reload.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Decius posted:

That's not really making it easier, more making it more convenient, since you had the same function already - just more annoying (reloading from the map start save). No perma-death on the other hand makes it easier, even if you normally played with restarting if anyone dies, since it allows for suicide runs unlike the perma-death mode.

The turnwheel let me make risky moves I would never have done otherwise.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My Kliff is a lvl 7 sage and has 14 attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In fire emblem there is also always the chance that the bad characters will get really good level-ups while the supposed good characters won't so experiences vary

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread