Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The real 'problem' with Est is the level differential between you getting her and her being able to promote in order to get that sweet, sweet Falcon Knight base HP and Def stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

mabels big day posted:

What level do mages and pegasus knights promote?

12 for Peg Knights, 12 for male Mages, 14 for female Mages.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

She has 40% growth in ATK, so pretty good really.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Subvisual Haze posted:

Poor knights are worthless in this game, just slow moving mooks for enemy witches to murder. Cavs and dread fighters are better in every way. They desperately need some special class ability to suck less.

The awesomeness of Wary Fighter is trapped in the forgotten land of Nolore.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

takumi did nothing wrong

He missed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I tried killing Duma with Nosferatu to see if anything changed.

Nope. They even play Alm and Celica's dual speech when Faye gets to the business of godslaying.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I kinda wanna buy the Overclass DLC but man, 15 bucks for a bunch of class changes. Yeesh.

Is any of the other DLC aside from the Deliverance prologue maps interesting?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rapiers probably aren't worth it in the long run unless for whatever reason your Mages all get completely screwed by the RNG. They're way better at being Knight killers than Rapiers are.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Ok I upgraded it to a Brave Sword and now Atlas is Crit'ing everyone. :unsmigghh:

Also I'm now on my first desert map and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this poo poo. I think I'm just going to end up having Leon sit outside the Fortress and snipe everyone because after I killed the Mages and a few other dudes, they all ran inside.

Your torment has not even begun.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I gave the Bear Carving to a girl who liked cute things and she gave me a Cog for the Turnwheel.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh boy just wait for Act 5.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Unfortunately he's using Pegasus Knight Faye.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Can't turnwheel when the Lord bites it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Yo, just wanted to post that (post-credit spoilers) the opening changing from kid Alm and Celica running together to the grownup ones walking together (presumably if your last save was from chapter 6) is a really sweet little detail they didn't have to do.

Also, is there anyway to kill Jedah? Because I attacked with Falchion and it did all of jack and poo poo so maybe I'm just bad and hosed something up or had something else equipped and didn't realize?

Every 4th combat instance lets you damage him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Also did anybody else find Mycen as a complete rear end in a top hat?

There's only so much they can do with Gaiden's initial plot featuring Rudolf as Valentia's shittiest dad (and now Uncle, too).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish there was _____ Scramble DLC so more of the cast can just chat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

So whose final battle quote is everybody's favorite? I am a big fan of Mathilda because of just how pissed off she sounds by the end of it.

Conrad, Kliff's, Leon's and Forsyth's are also pretty cool.

Final Battle quote compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYcqbcsBwL8

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

galagazombie posted:

I was having a very hard time on the Alm Story chapter with the Sluice gate when I realized the enemy world map spawns had backed up so much that an enemy army had been trapped on that map and thus to added a bajillion Archaists with mire to the level. I finally ended up walking back and forth on the World map till they moved so I could kill them separately and it made the entire level 100 times easier.

On the other hand if you let enemy reinforcements join during the first fight with Berkut it makes the map somewhat fun as opposed to a hilarious pushover.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What's the Saint girl even trying to do with her leg? Is she leaning against an invisible wall and bracing against it?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I don't see the point of Jesse really, Celica's route is already way to chock full of sword dudes and it doesn't seem like he really excels at anything.

More Dread Fighters, or not more Dread Fighters?

I'm gonna go with more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

if you pick sonya and make atlas into something else celica only has 3 sword dudes which isn't exactly a lot in a game with only six classes

but why would you pick sonya when you could get another dread fighter instead

more dread frighters

mooooore

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

Celica's maps really don't lend well to having a lot of melee characters.

If anything they lend even worse to having a bunch of a 4 MOV dudes. At least Dreads get 7 MOV on promo.

Endorph posted:

'cause i wanna gently caress sonya

I remain confident in my statement that whether or not you recruit Sonya will have minimal impact on your ability to get physical with her.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well, uh, who as part of your endgame team of ten still need to promote in the final dungeons?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A lot of supports in this game seem to involve characters being jerks at each other.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Alcohol can restore Turnwheel uses in Dungeons but it's almost never going to be particularly needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I don't recall anything from Fernand that stuck out to me but Ian Sinclair as Berkut absolutely hit it out of the park.

• Locked thread