Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

making mae a peg helps celica out a lot. jesse and saber have extremely early excalibur and seraphim, respectively, as mages.

Kinda sucks most characters don't get unique spell lists on Alm's side.

I kinda wanted to make Clive a mage, but Fire/Thunder/Recover is just :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cuntellectual posted:

Reflecting on it I think the problem I had with Alm/Celica being OTP is that I just feel bad for Faye, this game's Cordelia. :(

This game also has Clair, Palla, Catria, Leon and Grey as this game's Cordelia :v:

There ia a lot of unrequited love going around here.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gray's is requited. Tobin's probably the better example.

Yeah, I meant to type Tobin there.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Catria's there for that too to be fair, as the original Cordelia. And she's not even optionally a Pegasus Knight.

And Palla as the awkward older sister in love with her little sister's boyfriend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

what skills do the extra promotions have, I assume they must be game-breaking to charge money for

I know Alm's gets Bowrange+1. Celica gets the Aura spell

Cav evo just gets +1 move, Baron evo gets a skill that triggers to negate damage.

Falcon Knight evo gets Magic. Priestess gets access to enemy spells like Mire etc. Bow Knight evo gets to Bow Range+3.

Sages all get summons. Dunno what the Dread Fighter evo gets.

Also insane bases all around.

I also found out apparently Alm can use Bows????

... why?

Zore fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 26, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Didn't Gray hype him up as the best knight in Zofia or something

Gray is kind of an idiot to be fair.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

It's incredibly dumb, but there was a bunch of connections for FE 1/2/3 to Awakening from Awakening.

e: oh I misread.

I mean, there were a bunch of connections from Awakening to every game in the series to that point. Except maybe Sacred Stones? I can't remember.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Are there limits to how many times a character can support with other characters like in FE7?

No

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Is there some hidden catch to the lightning sword beyond the fact it does not grow with your character?

No. Enemies scale with res more than your dudes though and chapter 4 maps are almost all mages/dread fighters which make it functionally useless.

Really great for the early/midgame though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tae posted:

There's still more than enough non-Res enemies and Foudroyant is still one of the best skills in the game.

The thing is, there's not much competition for swords in Alm's army outside of that shadow sword you can change things into. I think there's literally no other sword user outside of another merc on the team.

Yeah, you need to promote villagers to get Swordies for Alm. Merc for the guys and girla get them at tier 2 mage if you really want Faye to have a sword she'll never use.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

dude789 posted:

Claire is making the whitewings look bad. Also Leon's Act 4 conversation with Celica is really good.

My Clair gained 0 strength in 20 odd levels. She ended up with 14 due to fountains and stat boosters which left her unable to do much in Act 4.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My Clair gained like 4 levels of Strength and even before I gave her Ambrosias she played the extremely important role of the only unit across both armies who could double every single enemy in the game.

That was Catria, Est, and Celica for me.

They had absurd speed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
My strangest level up was still when Clair got Speed/Res two levels in a row.

I think literally no one else proc'd a res growth the entire run.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Why would not use any character, most of the game they're all deployed.

The only time I didn't was on some of Celica's hellmaps in the swamps where everyone turned into a blob that couldn't move if they were all deployed.

Also loving hell Celica, you should gain more than 4 move at some point.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

I like Clive although I think his Res sucks and mine hasn't gained much Def. Mathilda also has even worse Def and tbh can't hit very hard yet (but I've only had her for 2 fights or something).

Should I give Silque a shield? It seems like a good idea tbh.

Yeah, up until you get rings all mages should be rocking shields ime.

Melee dudes really want the might bonuses and skills from weapons so shields are kinda wasted on them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

ryoma tried to let elise slowly die of dysentry. at least takumi was just straight-up trying to murder her.

And yet the only person who succeeds in killing Elise is Xander.

Because goddamn is he a tool.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pyro Jack posted:

I'm just curious but is it a good idea to promote characters around Level 10 or promote them on later levels?

10 also isn't the universal promotion level. Villagers can promote at 3, Merc/Cav/Knight/Archers at 7 etc. The game will tell you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Uh is the Shadow Sword worth using? It seems like it's not if it has the chance of killing myself.

Yeah, its a Devil Weapon so every attack has a chance to be against the wielder.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Sucks that you can't get Deen and Sonya. Is either one a lot better than the other?

Sonya has some more story tie-ins, a support with Genny (Genny's only support) and you're kind of already overloaded with sword-dudes on Celica's route. Plus you get a free Brave Sword for killing Deen.

Deen is better out of the box though since he comes as a Dread Fighter and they're super broken.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Speaking of such things, I picked up a Devil Axe ages ago and never found anything to do with it. Is it just vendor trash, or is it used for a quest I never found?

You can give it to the dude looking for an Axe instead of a hatchet you find elsewhere. It gives the same reward.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Speaking of, what do the carvings do? I have a Bear Carving and a Duma Carving, are they for sidequests or something?

e:

I do remember the woodcutter talking about a Duma carving but is it for him?

The Duma Carving boosts skill if you have someone hold it in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Clair the Est of this game? Is it normal that she's getting four stats up per level regularly or am I just really lucky?

Lucky.

Mine literally never gained strength and was tickling enemies by chapter 3.

• Locked thread