Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
whats timg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Clive and Mathilda's supports are 5/6

Clive: you killing people gives me a boner
Mathilda: i know babe

so any ending that doesn't let Mathilda get her murder on dooms their marriage, I fear

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As much as I'd have sex with any man I guess there doesn't seem to be anything particularly undesirable about him and I could see why Mathilda likes him

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like how the whitewings' endings are just "play FE12, nerd"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone spoil the details of the awakening connection in Thabes? It sounds pretty unfun to do it myself

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The final boss is Grima.

It's not actually named as such, it's called "The Creation" and is described as a monster created by ancient alchemy or somesuch but it's Grima and his sigil is on the floor of the arena. When you win the portal that teleports you out has the Ylissean Brand in it.

There's really no more details than that? That's pretty lame tbh

e: Apparently the credits song is called "Heritors of Arcadia" so I wonder if they're planning to shoe-horn in a connection like that when they remake FE6

The most sensible single-timeline theories put the Elibe games before the Archanea games so it's not wildly implausible Mila and Duma came from Arcadia, I guess

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Big Whoop posted:

Honestly Alm is probably my least useful (most average) unit and his only saving grace is he can crit well and often.

Newbies: I know it seems like Forsythe sucks right now but stick it out; he eventually destroys everything owing to his giant sack of HP and somewhat okay resistance.

I stupidly followed this thread's advice and made Atlas a mage and now I have SO MANY MAGES, TOO MANY drat MAGES UGGGHHHH

Edit: some of these tracks remind me of the music from Nier and how I wish I was playing Nier again ~

Once you get Alm's unique weapon, make sure to use him enough to unlock its second art. It makes him incredibly powerful even with mediocre stats.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Big Whoop posted:

The royal sword?

yes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Big Whoop posted:

Yeah poo poo I just stick the ones that make sense with 'em. Celica has her signature weapon (I assume) as well.
I didn't bother changing Saber's golden dagger because even though he's my bff now or whatever it's his, drat it.

Celica doesn't really have a signature weapon the same way Alm does. She does have an exclusive weapon but it's not just handed to you the same way the royal sword is, and there's plenty of argument for giving her a mage ring instead over it anyways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
your friend has the hair of a bad unit

it's pretty good hair though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I find that the usual reason Ninos are bad is because of the opportunity cost of deploying them and because you have to go out of your way to set up kills

In a game where you deploy everyone and nobody ORKOs Est and Delthea are fine, even good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

Delthea still has her uses, like auraing guys, but in a ltc run (which is the only point where a tier list even matters) she's insanely unlikely to even get seraphim, much less promote or get ragnarok. Especially since mages have low move and Alm's maps are filled with archers and his dungeosn are filled with gargoyles. Actually, you definitely aren't bringing her into dungeons.

Est is fine, though. She flies and Celica's route is Celica's route.

I mean the conversation was about general usefulness, not LTC or tier lists but okay

e: I guess I can grant she isn't good in dungeons before she gets going and won't get going without being brought to dungeons, but since dungeons are easy enough even with bad characters I always brought my crappiest folks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I never noticed because he was never close enough to the front lines for them to get buffs.

His biggest crime is that he's just the most forgettable person though. Seriously his recruitment has got to be the most awkward in all the series.

someone's never played thracia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I'm starting to think anti-flier doesn't actually exist in normal mode. I've seen it once on a boss and that's about it.

anti-flier is a property of bows other than the basic "bow"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When I saw that picture on reddit they said it was an old picture from well before echoes, which is it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The game heavily rewards you in general for going to all the optional places first. There's no actual time pressure at any point

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In the original gaiden every few steps alm took in the final dungeon you'd get a popup saying something like "Catria took 2 damage!" and then in the final fight Celica's army would be a bit beaten up. It didn't make a huge difference because Tatiana could just fortify it away trivially but it added a lot of atmosphere and I was sad to see it gone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Make him an archer. 1 archer is not enough.

archers suck

make him a merc

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
pegasus knights and mages can do anything archers can do except without sucking rear end

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

Anyone with range 5 and a +30 hit attack by definition does not suck rear end

I was pretty impressed how much they managed to suck despite their 5 range

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

Like I seriously don't know how you deal with the eyeballs destroying peg knights outside of heavy grinding.

Arts and attacking with multiple units before they split too much, same as you'd do with archers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I used tactical pegasus strikes to eliminate the enemies before they could harass me. This may not work on hard though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that Celica's army would have been doomed if Valentians had ever invented the roof

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
upheaval is really easy to deal with, actually

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I triangle attacked him to death

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

no, mae and leon get loving murdered by a swarm of dread fighters and infinite gargoyles if they try and do that, i'd rather just not play the game

you do realize that the hallway is one wide so you only actually have to heal one dude to tank the dreadknights right

also you have expel, an archer, and three pegasi to kill the gargoyles

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I would like Triangle Attack if it was a guaranteed crit instead of just being an expensive killer strike that is very situational to pull off.

It looks sweet af though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This is my triangle attack story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-uknVS7kJE&t=3857s

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Avalerion posted:

Does the advice to promote ASAP also apply to class changing your villagers?

Also what's the idea with the pitchfork, any reason I would want to make someone else a villager?

yes

to promote them into a different class chain

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pyro Jack posted:

I'm just curious but is it a good idea to promote characters around Level 10 or promote them on later levels?

Promote literally as soon as possible. This game is an exception to the usual rule

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you don't like anime I've got some bad news for you

This game is anime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Theta Zero posted:

I like this game, I felt more invested in it than Fates and Awakening and unlike both of those games I never had a moment where I felt like the game became a chore or looked at a map and just groaned at all the work I had to do.

This game is better than Fates and arguably better than Awakening but you can't tell me you didn't groan at Celica's act 3 and 4 maps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

So like, if Cipher has original characters, are they from any of the normal FE worlds? Are they just sort of there, in this FE card game, not being FE characters, or are they inserted retroactively into old stories as original character do not steals?

Also the guy on the right is the only one that aesthetically looks like an FE character. The Pegasus Knight on the left could be one maybe though she's still a bit unusual. The two in the middle just straight up don't look like they belong in Fire Emblem.

The Hidari art for them looks like it belongs in Fire Emblem, so I am eating crow on this 50-page-old post

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

The Hidari art for them looks like it belongs in Fire Emblem, so I am eating crow on this 50-page-old post

Speaking of which, since I don't think it was posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless I'm forgetting something pretty major, I think that it was this game which established that dragons going mad over time is an inevitability, rather than just a possibility. The closest I can think of is FE3 establishing that dragons who stay in their dragon form too long go feral.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Seth is in the running for best Fire Emblem character (relative to enemy strength) in the series. Only FE9 Titania and Robin really give him a run for his money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

dagda. it helps that he's actually in a hard game.

I will concede that Dagda owns the enemies just as hard, though due to lower movement, (slightly) lower availability, and general map design making it harder to solo, he definitely carries less hard than Seth does.

• Locked thread