Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
His speed doesn't matter when you get the killer bow. And he gets way better as the game goes on because there's a lot of flying enemies to get bonus damage on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tobin is way better as mage because Excaliber is a great early-midgame spell and Physic keeps him relevant after that. Neither Kliff or Tobin are going to be better than female mages so him falling off at endgame isn't a big deal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

People in the thread said that you could go to the Dragon Shrine without Atlas and the Peg Sisters leaving, but they both did for me after I fought Blake. :( Kind of annoying, I want to make Atlas into a non-crappy unit.

Re-recruit them, then go to the shrine

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Might be a bad time to tell you that Celica's maps are basically 60% bad terrain and swamps

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Uh is the Shadow Sword worth using? It seems like it's not if it has the chance of killing myself.

Go to forge, pay 50 silver marks to change it, now have you have Brave Sword which is more of a Killer Sword that's super accurate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That was my general strategy with archers, have kliff/leon counter kill archers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For 1 battle

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Warp and rescue with killer bow was my strat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Celica's part of the game was when I really missed the Rescue/Shelter mechanic. Way too many story maps involve taking down a fortress moving 1 tile at a time for the majority of your units.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would also like any future game to add in the ability to skip start-of-turn healing because late game was a minute of healing from rings and saints aura recovery. And triple that after an Upheavel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

*literal no stat character* raised through the merc line is disgusting, jfc

Fixed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mages are too useful, or more accurately, Seraphim is way too powerful to let go since Mae is still the best non-Celica mage in the game. There's also a pretty large gap between her and the next one which is....Sonya?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Eh, I'd say Delthea is decently better than Mae. She's basically got the same type of glass cannon growths, except better, and she comes on Alm's route where mages are in much more limited supply - especially good ones - so there's far less competition than Celica's for relevant items. Thus her only real issue, lack of a Range 3 spell, is easily fixed with a Mage Ring since she's by far the best choice for it on that route. That significantly better base resistance certainly doesn't hurt either.

Delthea isn't on Celica's route, though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Official art of the 4 DLC characters

And keep in mind that they're releasing at the same time as Japan, which indirectly makes me think that the Switch FE game will be close to or maybe even be a world wide release with how close Echoes is and how Xenoblades 2 is a WW release.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vakal posted:

So do they just put his head on a regular sized character body for the other classes?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can do something like make Atlas a Merc to boost his speed and then use the Mila fork to switch him to whatever class you want, since his biggest problem is his bad base speed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

As opposed to....who, the gameboy people?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, it's a weird comment considering the last artist put a variety of poses on his art which was very dynamic compared to most of the franchise before it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Probably sitting on an invisible ledge, like Claire.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Celica's maps really don't lend well to having a lot of melee characters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SoV got a patch. What did it fix? Who knows, it's the annoying nintendo poo poo of "tuned for pleasant experience" instead of actual patch notes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Levantine posted:

Good to know. My sword mans have been real solid, but I was afraid to overload the army with them. Magic seems really good too but not everyone makes a good mage thanks to the way spells are learned, right?

Spell list:

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/learned-spells/

Atlas for Celica's army is actually a good mage because of his spell list.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Emma is a fun character. Yuzu is basically eh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The supports between the Ciphers are probably the longest supports in the game.

Also, Emma can triangle attack with herself, literally called Solo Triangle Attack.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't tell much difference between yuze and sayri

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Is it safe for me to sell my wine and ale to the blacksmith, or am I going to need it later for a quest? I already did the Ram Wine quest.

Yes. Also sell the Exotic Spice because it gives like 3 gold.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I just read that the upcoming PC version is announced to have 50% more voiced dialogue. you will probably see me a lot in the Falcom thread this fall

I would advise anyone that is just starting on the cold steel franchise to actually not go to the Falcom thread, because CS 3 will be in the fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The character DLC is worth it just to make Emma squirm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-I051M1_o

• Locked thread