Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm really liking the smaller army size and the slight increase in RPG mechanics with spells and skills. Also loving the lower growth rates making gaining stats feel way more exciting. It really brings back memories of when I first played the gba game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You get castle every now and then...or does that count as dungeon?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

On the other hand I kind of wish they'd made more of the cast mandatory so they could have them in cutscenes too. Gray and Tobin are great but them, and only them, commenting after literally every cutscene gets a little repetitive. It'd be cool if, idk, Luthier could pipe up sometimes, especially when things on Alm's side start getting related to magic and his cutscene party of knights and hicks just shrug their shoulders.

That's my biggest complaint story wise. Why even make any of the characters optional? There are not that many of them and it makes the ones who never talk really stand out.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

Meanwhile, Grey and Tobin just feel like a greek chorus. They have literally nothing to do with the plot and don't impact Alm's decision making at all. They're just guys giving their thoughts on things.

When are they going to release Fire Emblem Echoes Gaiden: Grey and Tobin are Dead?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I made Altus an Archer and give him an Iron Bow. He just always uses the skill that increases accuracy. Someone who can deal one powerful hit from five spaces away is always good.

• Locked thread