Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RME
Feb 20, 2012

grind those weapon skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the most tactical consideration was using trade as a way to switch what weapon a different character had equipped, but that was generally relevant because of weapon triangle and effective weaponry kind of stuff anyways

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i havent soured on conquest but im real down for an offball/idiosyncratic entry

RME
Feb 20, 2012

give me jank or give me death

RME
Feb 20, 2012

how long is sov supposed to be anyways?
its on the shorter side i thought

RME
Feb 20, 2012

framblem

RME
Feb 20, 2012

drat alm
you hosed up

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im playing on hard because im not a loving coward

RME
Feb 20, 2012

my units really love to crit when i try and setup kills

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

What's the difference between using the wheel and restarting?

Also my lukas and Clair won't gain support points when they're next to each other. Am I missing something?

wheel lets you go back by phases/actions, instead of map start

RME
Feb 20, 2012

also keep in mind theres some innate supports without a rank, but still give bonuses for proximity
clair and lukas off the top of my head definitely have one

RME
Feb 20, 2012

how do learned spells work if theyre after the promotion level
do they still learn it as sage eventually or is it gone forever

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've always been terrible about specing characters in RPGs. Is it better to give fountain drink points to a character who's got low points in that stat, or someone who has a lot of points in that stat?

patch up holes in stats, generally
especially if its a stat theyre actually going to use

RME
Feb 20, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm really liking the preparations music for both heroes, holy poo poo. Anyone know if they're original tracks for this game or remixes from Gaiden?

Also, couple gameplay questions:
1. Does the Turnwheel fully replenish after every battle? I haven't used it much yet in case I might need it later. Also, do Cogs increase the max uses or just give you one extra use on top of the usual three that disappears afterwards?
2. Is there any penalty to a unit hitting :( fatigue in the middle of a battle? So far I've only ever seen it take effect after a battle ends.

Turnwheel replenishes every battle except in dungeons, where you keep it for the dungeon (you can reset it at the statues tho)
Fatigue only matters in dungeons I believe

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Faye is cool but i realized that when i made her a pegasus knight i only perpetuated the pegasus knight with an unrequited love for the lord

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the fang is good

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the music owns

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Sorry to tell you, but Palla and Catria join at the same time with Catria being 3 levels lower and already having a higher overall stat total (even discounting the ring she comes with) than her elder sister. Very critically her SPD starts significantly higher than Palla's along with having a better growth rate, and eventual Falcon Knight base stats don't really fix that. RES starts rather higher as well, but Falcon will fix that. They're both really good units though, so ignore the naysayers.

On other things, I'm not entirely sure it would have been possible for me to get Mathilda if I didn't have Cleric Faye, so that's another point in her favor. Hitting Desaix's Fortress before waiting for one of the spawning cavalry armies was still there meant the one way in ended up clogged for a while, but Faye's ATK stat is so massive she could cheerfully Physic Mathilda from most of the way across the map. Also spotted that dumb Witch out in the middle of nowhere in deployment, so that was Clair's job for the map.

Also, does the second Necrodragon at the Seabound Shrine entrance only spawn on Hard? Celica critting both with Seraphim ended that issue, but if it wasn't for that I'm not sure how doable that'd be without decent amounts of grinding (given their incredibly high movement combined with high ATK and SPD), which I wasn't doing.

the necrodragons will go after invocations over your army, so 2 non crit seraphims will probably do each in as they attack ghosts

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the doubling threshold is 1, so a few stat points difference can really be it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the second dragon does matter, but i just mean the doubling thing could still line up with only a few stat differences
but also the map felt like kind a check to see if you knew how invocations and seraphim worked anyways, the second dragon didn't really matter that much having both of them

• Locked thread