Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

every single character in the game has some kind of unrequited love

*ears perk up*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

I've thought about it and cheetah is 100% right in this and all arguments

Lol

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
This Lightning Sword seems kinda really broken.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I should've went to a midnight release or something. 50 minutes for one game to download this small is stupid.

Lol if you didn't preload a week ago.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zore posted:

Wait the fountains are 3 boosts apiece?

:negative:

I have never felt a deeper connection with a post.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you try to attack someone over stairs at range, you can get angles where you can't see the enemy at all, and your attack just clips through, which is kinda lol.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If the spells have fixed accuracy, does that mean boosting skill is useless for mages/clerics?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is it a spoiler if it's obvious

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ungulateman posted:

also i decided i have another criticism: characters saying dumb things when you get 1-stat level ups when 1-stat level ups are the norm and to be expected, unlike in awakening/fates

give him an actual sword

Yeah why can't these people be happy with mediocrity

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pastrymancy posted:

What's the difference between using the wheel and restarting?

Also my lukas and Clair won't gain support points when they're next to each other. Am I missing something?

You get a limited number of uses with the wheel, so while you could roll it all the way to the beginning, it'd be kinda a waste unless you didn't save or something like in a dungeon map.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vernatio posted:

Is there any sort of reward or medal for never using the wheel to reset time? I think it's a real cop-out, but I'm also looking at losing half an hour of gameplay to an unlucky crit, so I might use it if there's no "penalty".

I only ask because I know there's medals for at least one challenge type thing.

There's just medals for beating the game on hard and on classic, and there's a medal for using the wheel so.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah there was that too. Here's the full list: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/medals/

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright something that is mildly irking me on an early subquest (chapter 3).

The dude is the Zofia treasury wanting a Mila Charm from the undead in a graveyard. Does he just mean for me to go back to the Deliverance HQ and murder things until the Charm (or whatever it's called) drops?

I'm pretty sure I got mine from a chest in some back room area in the dungeon area.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't touched the shadow sword because I'm afraid of what curse does.

What does curse do

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

luck -10

Wow that's basically nothing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zore posted:

Sometimes when you attack it damages you instead. Its just a devil weapon by another name.

Like I used it to drag Jesse through his poo poo phase, but just spend 50 silver and you can make it into a Brave Sword (which is not a brave sword in the fire emblem sense, no double attacking. More like a killer sword)

Yeah I don't think I want to touch that, lol. So it's like forging a rusted weapon then?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Python is really good on the cantor maps for me because I have no other archer and I don't want to engage them where they can hit back.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, I wish the game told me I just needed one forge to evolve weapons from like iron to steel, because forging higher just all goes to waste once you change the weapon.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have a powerful urge to make all the villagers archers in my second playthrough.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver Falcon posted:

OK, I will try that. I was afraid to even get her in range of Archer Hell to summon her dudes because they would definitely kill her dead, but if they're dumb enough to ignore even the squishy cleric in favor of the cannon fodder, then bring it on!

Er wait, what? How's this work? You forge a thing only once and you can upgrade/(evolve?) it right away? Celica's starting dagger takes a gold mark for the last upgrade, which I don't have, but I could have done that after just one forge?

Once you forge something at least to the first level, another row will appear at the bottom as ???????? and that's the evolution thing, separate from how high you forge the weapon. I don't think it's available for every weapon, but it is for most at least.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Mizar is still getting work.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's kinda silly Nuibaba needed to lure Alm out when just a map ago Lukas was all gung-ho about telling Alm to fight her to get the support of the people.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished the game and Python turned out to be my best unit, which was probably because archers and mages really loved targeting him for some reason and the killer bow is sick.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
How are you supposed to deal with the encounters in the eighth floor of Thabes? Getting 1-2 fire dragons per encounter beefier than the earlier mini boss seems like an insane jump to me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently you can fight the final map again in the postgame if you go to the Duma Temple altar, but it doesn't tell you beforehand that's what happens and it doesn't let you exit the map, so it's kind of a pain if you hadn't saved in a while.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm surprised people came away from the game complaining about the deserts, after I saw the swamps.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Witches were never an issue for me because they had the defenses of wet tissue paper and for some reason would preferentially go after my archers or mages.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

The AI of witches is to attack the edges of your army. So you probably left your tanks inside your "circle" of characters.

That would make sense. Though I never really sent anyone out to "tank" magic. It was so much easier just to snipe kill whatever was in range.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hunt11 posted:

Killing Deen gives you earlier access to the brave sword so for that alone he has to die.

Edit: The happy send off that Berkut got I found too much, but I did like what they did with Fernand.

I don't think anyone else sees Rinea so it came off like a dying fever dream to me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Luck is still effectively Dodge, so give it to anyone dealing with caster with Excalibur or Brave Sword guys I guess? It's not really something I use frequently in any case.

You can't really dodge Excalibur.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heaven Spacey posted:

Spell accuracy is fixed I think? Or is that only for the player?

It is, and also I don't think any enemy units even have Excalibur.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Dodge, not Avoid. You know, Crit Evasion?

You should say that then!!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dont I need gold marks for that?

The bows have two forge paths, and the gold marks get you a different weapon, so you don't want that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

From the Order screen, do you mean? I didn't realise you could, I ended up re-ordering to do it.

It's just strange to me that when you enter a normal Skirmish on the map you have the option of a Unit Select screen, but you don't ever need to not bring any units since it lets you deploy everyone. But you don't get the Unit Select screen option when you enter a dungeon.

e: Is there any way to tell what bonuses characters get from Supports, or do I just need to look it up? As far as I can see, Clair gets a big Crit boost from Alm. I wish it showed when the battle screen opened like in previous games.

Pretty sure the bonus is in orange in the full stats view.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

there's dlc supports...? why

The dlc supports are the dlc characters with each other, so it's not like you're missing terribly much.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

the deliverance dlc adds

lukas x python
lukas x forsyth
clair x mathilda
clive x forsyth
clive x python

Oh lol

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, I can't remember any infinite range attack at all, unless we're taking about Upheaval?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oops, I 2RKO'd the boss of Thabes.

Hunter's Volley got three crits in a row, and well. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno why anyone would want to use the demon ring they give you for this. Hell, anything less than a third mage ring would probably be disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Avalerion posted:

I'm liking this so far, figured with so many mechanics gone the game would be rather simplistic but it actually makes me worry more about positioning than just wreck through everything with pairups. Too bad supports so far have been crap, would rather have more/better even if it meant no voice acting. Though I'm enjoying the story and characters otherwise.

How much did I screw up by not getting a dracoshield of some general dude?

I never got the dracoshield and the game was perfectly manageable on hard. You don't even need it for the post game dungeon.

• Locked thread