Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

No weapon triangle, guess that means you just whack away with the strongest thing you got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mila's wheel thing sounds great, I think the games are more fun if you can't just sacrifice units recklessly but loosing someone to an unlucky crit in the last turn made me casual anyway.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I kind of wonder if this is their way of testing whether audiences will accept not having kids and stuff in a fe game. Like in awakening it worked and fot into the plot naturally, but in fates they felt kind of tacked on.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does the advice to promote ASAP also apply to class changing your villagers?

Also what's the idea with the pitchfork, any reason I would want to make someone else a villager?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm liking this so far, figured with so many mechanics gone the game would be rather simplistic but it actually makes me worry more about positioning than just wreck through everything with pairups. Too bad supports so far have been crap, would rather have more/better even if it meant no voice acting. Though I'm enjoying the story and characters otherwise.

How much did I screw up by not getting a dracoshield of some general dude?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So what did everyone do with their free pitchforks? Think there's another avaliable today.

I used the first to make Forsynth into a merc at that worked out so far. With the second I'm considering swapping Boey since he sucks or one of Celica's many mercs since she got enough of those - maybe into a cav or archer.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Rush him, if he dies all his remaining summons despawn.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How's the dlc overall if anyone got any? Are the prologue maps any fun, or the cipher characters good/interesting?

Also wasn't the fourth Mila's bounty (another pitch fork) supposed to be out yesterday?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Stuff like this is what the turn wheel is for. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

You can't use the turnwheel if your lord dies, that's an instant game over.

Huh. Glad I learned it this way then I guess, that would suck.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Or just let you in-battle save anytime.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Actually that's dreadfighters in general... for whatever reason (seriously though, anyone know why?) they can promote back to villager so can theoretically get infinite statups. Doing it with a knight just gives you a headstart.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

I just started a few days ago... it's a good thing I really enjoy Fire Emblem because holy poo poo I've already had at least 30 encounters from the guys who endlessly spawn on the map. They give you all these reasons to backtrack and then a new army spawns every other time you move. I could see that turning people off pretty easily.

The AI seems kind of weird in this, at least on normal. Sometimes in typical Fire Emblem fashion they will dogpile the weakest unit. Other times the enemy units seem to only target each of your characters once.

Heck I just had one of those moving armies attack my stationary army - and since they got first turn they just straight up kill one of my units before I can do anything about it. :argh:

Having played awakening, fates and this, to me echoes is is definitely the weakest entry of those.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do promotion levels count for learning spells purposes, or should I get Luthier to level 15 for Sagittae first?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

She's in the castle, go free her.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Genny's early invoke is also invaluable, enemies love targetting the ghosts over your own units it seems.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Kliff x Tobin and Faye x Silke are particularly low effort.

Characterization is all over the place with this, deliverance guys are fine but I couldn't tell you what Genny's or Boey's characters even are.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What's the mechanic behind base convos? I kept getting the same ones so just stopped checking after a while.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm stuck on the Jamil chapter with Celica (that labyrint map with the earthquake casting dude) - anyone got a strategy for this one other than grind more?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

What's your team look like?

There's some pretty useful tools your mages and clerics can pick up, but I'd need to know what you have before I can advise better.

I got a mage ring and grimoire ring if that's what you mean? Dunno who to give them to, Boey already knows Saggitae, Celica picked up ragnarok, I went with Sonya but the best she can do so far is excalibur, Mae knows aura.

Also got Atlas as a bow knight with killer bow - I've been trying to have him snipe the boss, this works sometime but he then dies on the next turn. :( Everyone but Conrad is in their final class already.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Looks like that's Tatiana, but this is on Celica's route anyway. Probably should have made Atlas a mage so he'd get rescue, but too late for that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Great - just bidding my time outside the labyrinth eventually worked. Had no turnwheel uses left so that last turn had me crossing fingers but I got lucky, finally.

• Locked thread