Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Terper posted:

That was Tobin, Gray, like Alm, wanted to find himself and get something more out of life (girls)

So Archers = Practice Archery, want money
Mercenaries = Want Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*first Alm level up raises everything but Res*

... I thought growth rates were terrible in this game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zore posted:

Alm and Celica are exceptions mostly. They have really good overall growths.

No one has more than single digit res growth though. And several people have 0.

Though Faye's second level raised everything but Skill and Res.

So should I be class changing my villagers ASAP?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Faye: I'M READY TO KILL IN YOUR NAME! JUST POINT ME AT YOUR ENEMIES AND WATCH ME GO!
Alm, probably: :stonk:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Speaking of, do you get more Ridersbanes? I kinda want to check out it's evolution, but I also want to have a Ridersbane around, because I can just dump Forsythe with it in front of an army of cavalry and watch them all kill themselves on him during their turn.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

I didn't realize Desaix retreats if you defeat Slayde so I missed the shield and am way too far past that part to go back, is there another chance to pick up the dracoshield?

One of the possible evolutions for Rusted Shields' is dracoshield.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zore posted:

I don't get why you can't use the turnwheel if Celica or Alm bite it.

Its probably the only thing that really frustrates me mechanically since it led to two 30 minute dungeon run wipes when I ran into some of the super enemies. Fuckers made a beeline for Celica with that 20 might spell and hit her 3 times with 60% accuracy.

Who do you think is using the turnwheel :colbert:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mandatory lesbian posted:

i thought the free one only gave boots? or are there 2 DLC's and I missed one?

There's 5 free DLCs. One per week. The one out this week is the first villager's fork. The 4th week is the other. The 5th week is apparently unknown?

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I went the wrong way on the Celica path and those two Pegasus sisters left me. Are they gone forever? gently caress!

Go back to where you recruited them and they'll be there.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

Clive, Luthier, and Python are all fine. Luthier and Clive are kinda mediocre stat-wise and Python needs to be fed some kills, but they all have moments of usefulness or ways in which they can help.

The real bottom of the barrel are Forsythe (low move, needs to be fed kills, offers nothing over Lukas), Mycen (comes too late, might not even get deployed due to how the final dungeon works,) Atlas (pretty much impossible to use without specifically grinding for him), Jesse (always a tier behind Kamui and Saber and offers nothing over them,) and Nomah (just a worse version of Boey without any early game availability). I'd say Delthea too for the same reasons as Atlas but I know I'd get run out of the thread.

Of course, this is a game that basically encourages grinding, so unless you're specifically going for a low turncount run it doesn't exactly matter.

I didn't grind poo poo, I just handed my Forsyth the Ridersbane and left him in the way to my squishies, and he completely shits all over my Lukas. Turns out that in a game where promotion ups your stats to the baseline anyway, a character with off-growths for the class (in this case, speed) is pretty great. :colbert: Lukas didn't start catching up until he got my first Fork.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 27, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Silver Falcon posted:

OK whoever recommended I get Archer Atlas a Killer Bow for the Hunter's Volley art, thank you. It single-handedly turned him from "dead weight" to "Enemy Delete Button." Speed problem? What speed problem? He just kills poo poo!

To be fair, that's not really exclusive to Atlas. Anyone who can use a Killer Bow should probably be doing so.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hunt11 posted:

Is there some hidden catch to the lightning sword beyond the fact it does not grow with your character?

Even without it growing, it's still the only ranged Sword that anyone not named Alm or Celica (Who get Scendscale and Ragnarok Omega respectively) can use, so it's still worthwhile well past the growth limit.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone know where to find the Zweihander?

It's like this until the final two maps of Alm's route, when the game flips a switch and starts making GBS threads out hordes of bow knights equipped with silver bows

It's the second upgrade from the Steel Sword.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tae posted:

Alm's VA is streaming the game: https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

And to tell you how little VA's are told about the game beyond their scenes, he didn't know Alm and Celica aren't cousins

He didn't really know poo poo about 9S, either, for that matter.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dont I need gold marks for that?

No. Just a couple hundred silver.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Them leaving also only triggers upon story missions, so you can go to the dragon shrine if you want and they won't care.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

i called her the best unit in the game, op

if you want to buy the season pass i wont stop you but it's not really super fun grinding. the only dlc id say is worth it are the cipher characters. and ike and lucina are compatible, but all they do is summon themselves for a turn.

She didn't get enough... anything else, for me. Meanwhile, Est was only like a point or two behind in attack, and leagues ahead in everything else, so eh.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

blizzardvizard posted:

Palla is one of the best characters if you're not specifically grinding, and Est takes a lot of work. Palla does what Falcoknights need to do with less investment.

That said I personally think Saber and Kamui outclass her.

Erm, Est's bases are equal to or greater than Palla's bases, other than Attack.

Frankly, if it's between the two initial whitewings, it seems like Catria's better, who has the best bases of all 3 of them, being better in every department than Palla except Strength (by 1 point) (And a point of Def, I think), and better in every department than Est except Res (Which Est completely demolishes almost everyone in anyway)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mabels big day posted:

Which one is the blue hair one. She's got way better stats for me

Catria.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Strange Quark posted:

Man, I can't remember any infinite range attack at all, unless we're taking about Upheaval?

We are.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CORN NOG posted:

NOW I AM BECOME DEATH,
DESTROYER OF WORLDS

for comparison, here’s how my Gray turned out:

It's probably telling on some level that they give you exactly the number of pitchforks that there are knights.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Theta Zero posted:

So far my Forsyth has the highest res and speed of any knight I've ever had in a Fire Emblem game. Except Amelia but she doesn't count. As of right now he's tanking Witch strikes and doubling unmounted soldiers. It's nuts.

Speed sounds like Forsyth, but the Res is pretty incredible given this game's growth rates.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Silver Falcon posted:

Alm got gibbed in the battle with Berkut in the Temple of Duma

Of course this means, Game Over and no Mila's Turnwheel for you.

So now I'll have to start that stupid-rear end dungeon aaaaaaaaaalll the way over when I play again and uuuuuuuugh. I am irritated.

Related, is there a Mila statue anywhere in that place? I never did get Mathilda upgraded to a Gold Knight. If there's no statue I'll get her the last couple levels before I go back into that stupid dumb place for stupid dummies.

You, uh.

You know you can save in the room where you can talk to Celica right before the final boss, right?

Like, any room where you get a "talk" thingy, you can save.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Strange Quark posted:

That's after the Berkut fight.

I misread it for the time, but the main point still stands.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

dmboogie posted:

How do you feel about having absolutely zero healing for either of your armies until your mages promote? :v:

edit: Not only that, you'd be left with six units for Alm's army until endgame, and FOUR units for Celica's army until endgame

Celica actually gets healing at level 9.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Avalerion posted:

Actually that's dreadfighters in general... for whatever reason (seriously though, anyone know why?) they can promote back to villager so can theoretically get infinite statups. Doing it with a knight just gives you a headstart.

It was a glitch in the original game that they decided to carry over. They did the same with Clerics being able to kill the final boss.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Last Celebration posted:

Wait, what now?

Normally, only Alm can kill the final boss, but a glitch let's Nosferatu bypass the immunity.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vakal posted:

Finally finished the game and here are a couple things I've noticed about the world of Valentia:

- The political and social structure of the realm is governed by the size of a person's cape. Villagers are cape-less and thus of no worth to society, but as a person gain ranks and changes their class
they gain increasing larger and multi-layered capes to designate their new status. This trend continues right up to the King who wears a cape large enough to cover a small bus. I was legitimately surprised the gods were represented as dragons and not by giant sentient capes.

- The entire economy is apparently based on the trading of alcohol to the point where even the dregs of an half drank ale bottle are worth more than a finely crafted sword or shield.

Just what do you think their wings are, guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

I like Echoes a lot so far (up to Act 3), more than I enjoyed Fates at any rate. It seems to have more in common with a traditional RPG than the rest of FE and I have to change my mindset about some stuff, but it's a really smooth experience so far.

When does Forging open up though?

Chapter 3. Find a village that showed up in that chapter and it'll have a blacksmith.

• Locked thread