Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

If you don't like anime I've got some bad news for you

This game is anime

I'd argue this game is more anime than Fates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

I got so pissed off last night. Playing Grieth's Citadel map, everything going swimmingly. I'd basically taken everyone out except the man himself (the Archer and Mage on the left hand side were chilling there still). He was down to practically no health so I had Celica attack him (bad idea...maybe should have used magic). He misses with his first attack, then with his 2nd he scores a Crit on a 2% chance. Ughhhhhhh.

2% crits always hit. Always.It's basically guaranteed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I didn't mind Celica's swamps but the Desert maps were the absolute worst and the cemetery maps were all very boring.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Conrad, Kliff's, Leon's and Forsyth's are also pretty cool.

Final Battle quote compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYcqbcsBwL8

I'm a fan of Clair's. I like most of them though.

Also man, I love the final map theme.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You should always kill Jedah because he deserves it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He was a bad Dad to my friend Sonya and should die along with his God.

Though I dunno what happens if Jedah is still alive when Duma dies, maybe he gets killed anyway. I'm pretty sure he doesn't survive because that would be really weird.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Boey is terrified of zombies but is otherwise fairly sensible. He also gets into dumb arguments with Mae a lot. Genny's an aspiring author who's pretty quiet but gets along well with Celica. She's buds with Sonya because they were both abandoned by their families.

Base conversations do a lot to flesh out characters in ways outside of the supports. They're real cool and great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Avalerion posted:

What's the mechanic behind base convos? I kept getting the same ones so just stopped checking after a while.

Most characters have a new one per act. You can get a base conversation at every town/castle etc and the characters that pop up at each place switch every map (maybe including random encounters as well?). It's a weird system and you'll sometimes get repeats before you've seen everyones but the conversations are often good enough that it's worth checking out towns and such after every map just to see if there's a new conversation available. Though I always waited till i'd completed the maps that stop reinforcements.

• Locked thread