Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Dis game is good as h*ck so far except for the wide open maps, I didn't realize the stat springs shared uses and I gave 2 HP to Kliff and only got one charge from the speed fountain :saddowns:

Also Kliff has hit SKL and SPD every level for me so far, it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Ok wasnt sure it was a menu or something. How many fights until i get there

its in the first dungeon you go to so like 2 real fights

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

pegasus knights and mages can do anything archers can do except without sucking rear end

Anyone with range 5 and a +30 hit attack by definition does not suck rear end

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Also, hot take: i liked the grieth/desert maps. RIP to the dozen spooky ghost boyz exorcised by wolff and his archer army

cheetah7071 posted:

I was pretty impressed how much they managed to suck despite their 5 range

idk, I have Leon and Python with Iron Bows and Curved Shot and they're consistently very helpful, especially versus Arcanists/Cantors and entrenched Snipers. My Tobin has enough skill that he does huge damage with his Steel Bow to targets that Clair, Mathilda, or Clive can then move in and finish off easily. I'm only just now finishing up Act 3 so maybe they get way worse later?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Deen can become a Dread Fighter though, so Deen is better.

It's like, oh man Kamui, you have 2 RES, I can't let you anywhere near these wizards

*becomes Dread Fighter, literally has no weaknesses whatsoever*

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Luck is still effectively Dodge, so give it to anyone dealing with caster with Excalibur or Brave Sword guys I guess? It's not really something I use frequently in any case.

Spell accuracy is fixed I think? Or is that only for the player?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tae posted:

Upgrade the steel bow once, convert it to silver bow. Upgrade the silver bow once, change it to killer bow. You can get one as soon as chapter 3 first forging.

I had no loving clue this was a mechanic :aaaaa: I haven't touched the forge except for rusty weapons.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

lmao killer bows are ridiculous, hunter's volley is insane, ty thred for telling me how to upgrade steel bows into Victory Cannons

Also earlier while he was still a myrm, I had Gray attack into another myrm. They were both on cover tiles and missed all three of the attacks in their exchange, dodge rolling like idiots all over the place :darksouls:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I definitely felt like I was hurting for ways to hit RES instead of DEF in Alm's act 2 with only the Levin Sword, Nosferatu, and mage Kliff. I kinda wish Luthier came earlier or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

Any advice for Nuibaba's Abode? I can deal with the desert and swamp all day, but Medusa's rampant bullshit is destroying my will to continue. I only have one Dread Fighter, and the enemy DFs seem impossible to lure out without entering the boss' death zone. I don't have Rescue either, since my Faye's a Pegasus Knight (and a bad one compared to Clair).

I'm probably missing something obvious.

I slowly worked my way around, used long range attackers to pick off a few of the Arcanists from outside, then once I'd gotten everyone to the entry point on the other side of the map I had Silque conjure the ghost gang to initiate against the dread fighters. After they were out of the way the rest was easy.

• Locked thread