Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Anyone have an idea of what the difficulty levels are like and how they compare to Awakening and Fates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I do kind of wish there were more interesting crit lines than things like "Yeah!" or "Now!"

Like even in Awakening you still had poo poo like Libra yelling "I am your OMEGA!" despite the fact that his character hated basically everything about the war.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I'm really liking the preparations music for both heroes, holy poo poo. Anyone know if they're original tracks for this game or remixes from Gaiden?

Also, couple gameplay questions:
1. Does the Turnwheel fully replenish after every battle? I haven't used it much yet in case I might need it later. Also, do Cogs increase the max uses or just give you one extra use on top of the usual three that disappears afterwards?
2. Is there any penalty to a unit hitting :( fatigue in the middle of a battle? So far I've only ever seen it take effect after a battle ends.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Also, does the second Necrodragon at the Seabound Shrine entrance only spawn on Hard? Celica critting both with Seraphim ended that issue, but if it wasn't for that I'm not sure how doable that'd be without decent amounts of grinding (given their incredibly high movement combined with high ATK and SPD), which I wasn't doing.
Getting Genny Invoke helps a lot with keeping one of the necrodragons boxed in, and there are enough units in Celica's army at that point that can take one hit. I just did that map last night.

EDIT: To your point, I didn't have to grind to get Celica and Genny to those levels, but I also knew that this map was coming.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 23, 2017

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Sooooo... Sonya or Deen?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I'm mostly liking this game so far but I feel like the promotion system could maybe use a bit of work. I'm midway through Act 3 and I keep doing a lot of inadvertent grinding because I keep having to head back to the Deliverance hideout to promote people. By the time I'm back to where I was, a bunch of generic enemy squads have spawned, and by the time I've killed them it's time to promote someone else.

Is there really no way to promote people in the first half of Act 3 other than walking all the way back to the shrines in the previous Acts? This is getting rather annoying.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

You can always just leave them be until you get to the next shrine ahead, you know?
But if I go back to promote Clair now she'll gain 10 HP :smith:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone spoil the details of the awakening connection in Thabes? It sounds pretty unfun to do it myself
The final boss is Grima.

It's not actually named as such, it's called "The Creation" and is described as a monster created by ancient alchemy or somesuch but it's Grima and his sigil is on the floor of the arena. When you win the portal that teleports you out has the Ylissean Brand in it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a way to get the battle screen to show all stats and damage like both the other 3DS FE games?
There's an option called combat forecast, if you switch it to "Simplified" then the numbers in the forecast and battle screen become hit/dmg/crit like in most of the recent games, instead of hit/atk/def/crit which is dumb.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

The hit/atk/def/crit option is only really there so they can have hit/atk/def in bar form like Gaiden did. There's no other reason for it to be that way.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Is Delthea supposed to be this game's Nino? Because I'm feeding her kills and her first two levels were 1-statters. :(

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

SweaterGear posted:

I'm glad the game seems to share my dislike of Fernand. Every time I fight him, he immediately eats a ridersbane crit and never gets to attack. It's like...poetic clockwork.
:agreed: Literally every time he showed up I put Clair in his range and he immediately impaled himself on her Ridersbane. Dude never loving learns.

I'm also happy to report that my Delthea has gotten past her lovely initial levels and is now a pint-sized avatar of pure destruction. I think at this point she has a higher rating than Alm, and he's no slouch.

Now, a question: for a late-game Dread Fighter Gray, should I hand him a Brave Sword or have him stick with Lightning? Foudroyant is pretty great, but enemy Res is getting quite high.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I hope they bring the Turnwheel back for future FEs but maybe tone it down a little. It's fine for Echoes because Gaiden's design means a whole bunch of not-easily-prepared-for bullshit gets thrown your way, but in a new FE I'm hoping they'll lower the number of uses and/or make it so that you can only rewind to the start of a turn or something. That'd allow you to still rewind disasters while (mostly) preventing you from just blowing five uses on re-rolling one attack until you get a crit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Unless I'm forgetting something pretty major, I think that it was this game which established that dragons going mad over time is an inevitability, rather than just a possibility. The closest I can think of is FE3 establishing that dragons who stay in their dragon form too long go feral.
Fates was pretty explicit about it I think, though it was kind of a throwaway line. I forget which path it's in but the Rainbow Sage mentions at some point that every "higher being" eventually goes insane if they stay in the world too long.

• Locked thread