Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

lmao you sucked off his grandpa huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Shareef don't like it, suckin' the grandpa, suck the grandpa lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Think Ill finish this today. Got the airship and theres some side missions available but the combat is so easy I dont really care about doing any of them for the challenge's sake, more interested to see what happens with the Characters,

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You should do the arena and the one optional fight in st centaur since those have story stuff and cool conclusions to some of the side characters arcs. Otherwise go nuts on the finale.

edit: for the arena tho I think you need to do the first half of the final dungeon first, I'm not 100%. boomerang needs to be dead

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 22, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

alright, perhaps Ill check them out after I beat the game. I just got a cutscene where the BlackTear Drop split the planet in twain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the final boss in the game is named Ka Dingle. Are you serious

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the optional fights are all pretty cool conceptually, except, the abyss dungeon, which is pretty painful

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

GulagDolls posted:

the optional fights are all pretty cool conceptually, except, the abyss dungeon, which is pretty painful

The Abyss in regular Wild Arms is pretty good, the one in wa3 and the wa1 remake is true suffering though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RIP boomerang, you fought valiantly.

Zaggitz posted:

You should do the arena and the one optional fight in st centaur since those have story stuff and cool conclusions to some of the side characters arcs. Otherwise go nuts on the finale.

edit: for the arena tho I think you need to do the first half of the final dungeon first, I'm not 100%. boomerang needs to be dead

I'll do this now, but what is St Centaur

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its the town where the blind girl lives

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

well I found out that this game has a Metal Slime equivalent enemy (rabbits hanging out on enormous clocks) so Im grinding them and sipping coffee and Ill probably do all the bonus bosses outside of the Abyss. Some of the golem/guardian fights are actually pretty tricky for once, so it's neat. Gearing up with some Ultimate Swords is always agood feel

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

These games always have a bunch of fun, difficult optional bosse/dungeons at the end which is my jam.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Speaking of which I just reached that point in WA3 where it's time to do all of those + the arena. :getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beat the arena, that's a nail biter. Boss rush modes are great

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

iirc if you check the arena after beating it theres a secret boss. unless you already fought Boomerang Flash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

iirc if you check the arena after beating it theres a secret boss. unless you already fought Boomerang Flash

He was a total badass and the only extra boss I ended up cheesing with Goat DOlls after a few attempts. Even with a double stacked party defense spell, his AOE one shot my squad. You are a powerful warrior, Boomerang Flash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Zed finale was cute as well. This is a very charming game. Next time I play Ill probably just throw on Invisible and run throguh the last dungeon because Im probably OP already from doing all the side stuff.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

well I found out that this game has a Metal Slime equivalent enemy (rabbits hanging out on enormous clocks) so Im grinding them and sipping coffee and Ill probably do all the bonus bosses outside of the Abyss. Some of the golem/guardian fights are actually pretty tricky for once, so it's neat. Gearing up with some Ultimate Swords is always agood feel

cozy jrpg grinding with coffee is one of the best things in this life

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
:coffee:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Got called in to work at the last minute so looks like im not beating wild arms 3 today after all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to finish this tonight, when I get home. I think I already posted this but I wish screenshot button worked with PS1 games on Vita, lots of good moments lost forever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The finale to this game is like a 90s JRPG wishlist

go to the moon, three different curveball final bosses, dimension hopping, The Power of Friendship, etc.

What an awesome drat game! Although, as expected, I kinda blew through the final bosses bc I had done the side content, which is a rewarding feeling in its own right. atleast its not as bad as FFX , where I beat the final boss in one attack because I had Wakka's ultimate weapon with damage limit break + nailed a perfect attack reels move and did like 80k damage in one attack or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may boot up 2 tonight, at least to check it out. I hope its mechanically a little more involved bc i know the translation sucks nutsack so I probably won't really be able to understand the story.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the story is understandable its just the dialogue is hella janky and they changed a bunch of weird poo poo like one gay character is now a woman. theres a duo of characters that are supposed to talk in a manzai act and the localization for THAT is absolute giberish tho.

The gameplay is much more involved especially once you get all characters, theres 6 this time and all of them have several unique features.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool, I started it up and it seems like the opening is deliberately mirroring WA1. Ashley looks exactly like a higher polygon model of Rudy would be and the other two characters look suspiciously a lot like Cecilia and Jack. It's going to take a bit to get used to the fully 3D environments but so far it seems like a more refined Wild Arms, and I'm all right with that. Idk if I'll get into fully right away but I'll definitely play this game, especially if it has a bigger roster

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

The finale to this game is like a 90s JRPG wishlist

go to the moon, three different curveball final bosses, dimension hopping, The Power of Friendship, etc.

What an awesome drat game! Although, as expected, I kinda blew through the final bosses bc I had done the side content, which is a rewarding feeling in its own right. atleast its not as bad as FFX , where I beat the final boss in one attack because I had Wakka's ultimate weapon with damage limit break + nailed a perfect attack reels move and did like 80k damage in one attack or whatever.

The last boss in FFX has 99k hp

I literally killed him with a normal attack the first time through

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wild Arms 2 may wind up being way cooler than 1. The translation is rougher, and theres often some lines of dialogue that are just complete nonsense, but they improved on the combat a lot. Magic has become just an FP skill like anything else, and it doesnt spend the meter, it just requires certain thresholds to use it. At first I was thinking "well this just means I cant heal unless the magic girl has done something" but each level adds one point to the combat starting FP pool, which is a super smart way of giving you powerful magic you can use, and also making it something you can level into using all the time. Also you can avoid random battles, the puzzles seem more robust, the visual design reminds me of OG DQ7 (and the DQ DS remakes)...this game kicks rear end! I love Wild Arms!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Wild Arms 2 may wind up being way cooler than 1. The translation is rougher, and theres often some lines of dialogue that are just complete nonsense, but they improved on the combat a lot. Magic has become just an FP skill like anything else, and it doesnt spend the meter, it just requires certain thresholds to use it. At first I was thinking "well this just means I cant heal unless the magic girl has done something" but each level adds one point to the combat starting FP pool, which is a super smart way of giving you powerful magic you can use, and also making it something you can level into using all the time. Also you can avoid random battles, the puzzles seem more robust, the visual design reminds me of OG DQ7 (and the DQ DS remakes)...this game kicks rear end! I love Wild Arms!

Yeah that's how magic works in Wild Arms 3 as well. It's a cool system. You inspired me to go back and start playing WA1 this weekend while on vacation and I was a bit surprised to find a more standard MP based system.

What did you find was the best magic in 1 since you can freely make and use whatever?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah that's how magic works in Wild Arms 3 as well. It's a cool system. You inspired me to go back and start playing WA1 this weekend while on vacation and I was a bit surprised to find a more standard MP based system.

What did you find was the best magic in 1 since you can freely make and use whatever?

The basic heal scales with Cecilia's sorc stat so I used it the entire game and it pretty much always healed to full, and the defense debuff works on every boss and can double your physical damage. Outside of that the basic magic is all whatever. The advanced stuff thatunlocks in the midgame gives you way better buffs

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Wild Arms 2 is rad cause theres ways to turn every single character into a loving nuke. Some take a bit more effort but it's almost always worth it since once you get more than 3 characters you can swap them in and out of your party during battles.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Another thing I love about Wild Arms is how much they love letting you rename literally everything. In 1 its just spells and your mains but by 2 every new major character you meet lets you pick the name, and in 3 you find items that let you rename any npc you want.

edit: good WA2 pro tip. Focus on the Up ____ personal skills(except up param) first since they give you better stat gains on level ups. Ignore status immunity skills altogether since you can just use gear to offset that stuff.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 26, 2017

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

...you can name spells in this game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I renamed everything to the dragon quest equivalent so I didn't have to learn new spell names

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Yeah I renamed everything to the dragon quest equivalent so I didn't have to learn new spell names

amazing

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

i liked being able to skip random battles so much that I got stuck on bosses cuz I never leveled up

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Thats never really a problem if you use a lucky card on every boss. Especially in WA3 I basically was never in random battles unless i got ambushed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whoa they actually explain what ARMS means in 2. Agile Remote Mission Squad. I thought it was a kind of gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

whoa they actually explain what ARMS means in 2. Agile Remote Mission Squad. I thought it was a kind of gun

Its a different thing in each game. ARM in 1 was Ancient Relic Machine.

• Locked thread