Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

thats it, im buyin a vita

The one new game that's coming out this year releases on Friday (translation of a falcom Xanadu game that came out two years ago in Japan) so good timing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

There is and you should be able to access it by now, its a hidden area called the odd headquarters, near the telepath tower iirc.

Oh I found odd headquarters ages ago but never saw a shop there. Maybe I can do something with that robot in the basement now or something?

A few hours into disc 2 and I am completely in love with this game. They're doing the FFVI structure of a apocalyptic world with little dungeons centered on additional stories for all your party members...Very cool. And where the first disc was like wall to wall boss battles every 20 minutes I haven't seen a single one yet, nice contrast between the constant fear of human terrorism and the existential dread of mass destruction by an unknown greater power. I also like that the loading screen intro changes for disc 2 like this is the second season of an anime with a new OP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also love the new overworld theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSaX2VgUFMg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We trapped a parallel universe in a giant floating trapezohedron so we could gently caress it up with bullets and missiles. And I don't even think this is the end of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

Wild Arms 2 has such a weird bonkers second half. Did you find the secret final character yet.

Yeah, seems odd to give you a Blue Mage with like, two dungeons left in the game. i recruited her after i had cleared 3/4 of those mana shrines or w/e which pretty much puts you into the finale after those, I guess I could have gotten her slightly earlier, but still. it would be a lot of backtracking to give her a bunch of enemy skills to use for....the final boss I guess. Its fun to have her in the party though! and im guessing one of her tools let me access those floating pyramids that likely have superbosses in them.

im in the Spiral Tower now and will probably beat this tomorrow. drat fine game, and Im looking forward to playing WA3 in a month or so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

these games look sick, im totally gonna buy them for vita and never play them

if WA2 had its battle animation speed like 3x faster it would be my second favorite PSX jrpg. I really love the settting characters music story etc and even the battle mechanics are fun, especially in tense boss fights when youre swapping through your whole party just trying to stick it out one more turn for the 9999 force blast. but i will say that the battles move reallllly slow, slower than WA1 and most FF games. which can grate after a while and may turn a lot of people off to it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have reached the Mud Guardian and had to leave, but there was no save point even after beating an entire dungeon + 2 bosses so I'm worried that this is one huge gauntlet....thankfully I have a few continue coins. I had probably died once the entire game till this tower and then got killed twice by the dragons that can start battles with a surprise attack and then use AOE Death for the instawipe. Thank god for those coins or I would have been royally pissed off at that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SPlitting your party up for the final boss is brutal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does status lock exist in this game? Because if it doesn't I don't know if I can actually beat the final boss with just Ashely + two people who have to spam berries.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The prospect of replaying the last hour of the game which was just praying for good RNG again, just to get another shot at the final boss, to pray for more RNG, means Im probably never going to beat this game, and it will join a growing stack of JRPGs with saves on the final boss room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried it again and didnt die once at all. I got reallllly lucky on his third form and even when he was using the AOE status spell only Marivel, who blows rear end anyway because I never got any of her cool spells, equipment or force abilities, got dinged. The part after the final boss where Ashley gets teleported to the Event Horizon and goes SSJ4 while slinging 9999 damage spells abck and forth against Lord Blazer was a loving awesome finale, and the music was so good, bringing back the main theme in all its splendor. What a good rear end game

• Locked thread