Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The remake of 1 is cool OP, all the dungeons are remixed, there's more optional bosses and dungeons, the combat is on the refined 3 engine. They also have some really good remixes of all the 1 themes and a few new themes that are sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I defeated what I thought was gonna be the games final boss but I feel like this is the middle of the game and now I'm just kinda sailing around murking demons plotlessly

which boss.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The big twist in this game rules and is why Rudy is the only silent protagonist in a jrpg I really like.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You should do the arena and the one optional fight in st centaur since those have story stuff and cool conclusions to some of the side characters arcs. Otherwise go nuts on the finale.

edit: for the arena tho I think you need to do the first half of the final dungeon first, I'm not 100%. boomerang needs to be dead

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 22, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

GulagDolls posted:

the optional fights are all pretty cool conceptually, except, the abyss dungeon, which is pretty painful

The Abyss in regular Wild Arms is pretty good, the one in wa3 and the wa1 remake is true suffering though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

These games always have a bunch of fun, difficult optional bosse/dungeons at the end which is my jam.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Speaking of which I just reached that point in WA3 where it's time to do all of those + the arena. :getin:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

iirc if you check the arena after beating it theres a secret boss. unless you already fought Boomerang Flash

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Got called in to work at the last minute so looks like im not beating wild arms 3 today after all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the story is understandable its just the dialogue is hella janky and they changed a bunch of weird poo poo like one gay character is now a woman. theres a duo of characters that are supposed to talk in a manzai act and the localization for THAT is absolute giberish tho.

The gameplay is much more involved especially once you get all characters, theres 6 this time and all of them have several unique features.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Wild Arms 2 is rad cause theres ways to turn every single character into a loving nuke. Some take a bit more effort but it's almost always worth it since once you get more than 3 characters you can swap them in and out of your party during battles.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Another thing I love about Wild Arms is how much they love letting you rename literally everything. In 1 its just spells and your mains but by 2 every new major character you meet lets you pick the name, and in 3 you find items that let you rename any npc you want.

edit: good WA2 pro tip. Focus on the Up ____ personal skills(except up param) first since they give you better stat gains on level ups. Ignore status immunity skills altogether since you can just use gear to offset that stuff.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 26, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Yeah I renamed everything to the dragon quest equivalent so I didn't have to learn new spell names

amazing

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Thats never really a problem if you use a lucky card on every boss. Especially in WA3 I basically was never in random battles unless i got ambushed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

whoa they actually explain what ARMS means in 2. Agile Remote Mission Squad. I thought it was a kind of gun

Its a different thing in each game. ARM in 1 was Ancient Relic Machine.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's an insane power outage in the half of my town where i live so after work if the power still aint back im gonna bust out the vita and start wild arms 1 before bed i think.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

the rest of the odessa members are named after circles of hell from paradise lost. Odessa owns.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tim is extremely OP and worth the investment. The game does have you fight the final bosses with everyone but they are all pretty easy and the final dungeon gives you gear for everyone.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Kanon absolutely shits out damage once you unlock all her moves. It's kind of annoying to do for her since they have a small chance to unlock whenever you use her currently strongest move. The only other character you need to invest time on other than Tim and Kanon is the secret final character and she unlike those two is very not worth it, imo.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

These diablo towers are pretty rough. Is there ever going to be a shop available where I can buy healing items, because I'm now out of revive fruits and that's tough...

There is and you should be able to access it by now, its a hidden area called the odd headquarters, near the telepath tower iirc.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Wild Arms 2 has such a weird bonkers second half. Did you find the secret final character yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Yeah, seems odd to give you a Blue Mage with like, two dungeons left in the game. i recruited her after i had cleared 3/4 of those mana shrines or w/e which pretty much puts you into the finale after those, I guess I could have gotten her slightly earlier, but still. it would be a lot of backtracking to give her a bunch of enemy skills to use for....the final boss I guess. Its fun to have her in the party though! and im guessing one of her tools let me access those floating pyramids that likely have superbosses in them.

im in the Spiral Tower now and will probably beat this tomorrow. drat fine game, and Im looking forward to playing WA3 in a month or so

yeah you find her second and 3rd tools in some secret puzzle dungeons you can do and the last one lets you fight the pyramid bosses. There's only one optional endgame dungeon/story relevant super boss this time around outside of the pyramid bosses so I hope you find it.

• Locked thread