Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Wild Arms 2 may wind up being way cooler than 1. The translation is rougher, and theres often some lines of dialogue that are just complete nonsense, but they improved on the combat a lot. Magic has become just an FP skill like anything else, and it doesnt spend the meter, it just requires certain thresholds to use it. At first I was thinking "well this just means I cant heal unless the magic girl has done something" but each level adds one point to the combat starting FP pool, which is a super smart way of giving you powerful magic you can use, and also making it something you can level into using all the time. Also you can avoid random battles, the puzzles seem more robust, the visual design reminds me of OG DQ7 (and the DQ DS remakes)...this game kicks rear end! I love Wild Arms!

Yeah that's how magic works in Wild Arms 3 as well. It's a cool system. You inspired me to go back and start playing WA1 this weekend while on vacation and I was a bit surprised to find a more standard MP based system.

What did you find was the best magic in 1 since you can freely make and use whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

While Wild Arms 1 is pretty easy so far it is kinda fun just how thoroughly I can demolish bosses. Between my maxed Hand Cannon and Meteor Dive most battles so far have ended before Cecilia gets to do anything besides setup.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad you managed it in the end! I'm probably gonna start it this weekend unless I get too distracted by SGDQ.

• Locked thread