Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

pbr isn't the champagne of beers, the champagne of beers is high life

real pain for my sham friends cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Currently drinking Bulleit' s bourbon.

Pretty drat smooth for a 25 dollar bottle, it's provided me with many a nightcap

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

An Apple A Gay posted:

pbr isn't the champagne of beers, the champagne of beers is high life

real pain for my sham friends cheers

also the 32oz of high life here are 99 cents and it rules.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

if i'm spending 99 cents I want true malt liquor, mickeys comes in a plastic forty
2 for $2
do you have a link to tonights movie
cheers

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
if you need a cheap dad lager buy PBR or Schlitz

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Hamms for life, it's like 3 bux for a six pack of tallboys

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Adults over the age of 18. Also, the numbers are slightly off; it's 30% don't drink, 30% drink less than 1 drink a week, 20% drink less than once a day, 10% drink approximately twice a day, and the final 10% averages 74 drinks per week or more than 10 drinks per day.

That makes more sense. 1/3 of adults not drinking seems to fit my post-college experiences a lot more than 1/2

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Adults over the age of 18. Also, the numbers are slightly off; it's 30% don't drink, 30% drink less than 1 drink a week, 20% drink less than once a day, 10% drink approximately twice a day, and the final 10% averages 74 drinks per week or more than 10 drinks per day.

tbh I'm kind of shocked and horrified that there's a full 10% that drink more than I do

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

rye whiskey is more american than bourbon; noted patriot george washington distilled it on his property

He also kept slaves

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

74 drinks per week holy poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Poco posted:

seconding PBR as a cheap but drinkable beer. If you need something a little sweeter, Miller High Life is a crisp beer that I pretty much only drink during the summer and it's not bad, even if it is terribly sweet.

Edit: I spent my early 20s living in a Minnesota/Wisconsin border town and I moved to Arkansas last year and the fact there are people here who don't drink "just because" is weird as gently caress.

PBR is also union made in America

Don't drink loving Younglings or whatever, they're doomed once Order 66 goes out

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

very decent dad beer for its price. Way better than whatever other swill would be in a similar price range.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Epic High Five posted:

PBR is also union made in America

Don't drink loving Younglings or whatever, they're doomed once Order 66 goes out

PBR won a blue ribbon st the Chicago worlds fair. If it was good enough back then it's obviously even better now.

unfortunately yungling is even better, both in the maga classic america sense and in the more important actual taste sense

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

PBR won a blue ribbon st the Chicago worlds fair. If it was good enough back then it's obviously even better now.

unfortunately yungling is even better, both in the maga classic america sense and in the more important actual taste sense

What about the taste:price ratio huh

Also how is Hamm's? That's the only thing cheaper than PBR that isn't Natty Ice around here

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
yuengling, drat that's a younger twister.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Epic High Five posted:

What about the taste:price ratio huh

Also how is Hamm's? That's the only thing cheaper than PBR that isn't Natty Ice around here

yuengling is better than pbr for the same price. that might actually be local shipping costs though, depends if you don't live on the east coast.

Never tried hamms, but it being as cheep as natty gives me an idea as to what to expect

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

M_Gargantua posted:

yuengling is better than pbr for the same price. that might actually be local shipping costs though, depends if you don't live on the east coast.

Never tried hamms, but it being as cheep as natty gives me an idea as to what to expect

hamm's ain't bad

it ain't that good, but it ain't bad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BN3921owBQ

M_Gargantua posted:

I live in Indiana and it's a bit pricier than PBR here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWZiDodnEY

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
steeling this link

http://www.marthastewart.com/917636/egg-nog-family-recipe

that's a good eggnog

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Danger juice, I love it and it's CSPAM as gently caress because it's basically sweetened hard liquor under a coating of fluffy poo poo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

welp im a little late for dennis hopper day, however, i went out and bought some pbr and im gonna try some for the very first time! and drink em while watchin some david lynch

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jim Beam and an ice cube.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Epic High Five posted:

74 drinks per week holy poo poo

If I remember right somebody looked into the numbers on that study and they were actually super-terrifying if you broke it down into smaller and smaller divisions: like, the last 5% was drinking the equivalent of a fifth of bourbon daily, and 1% of Americans essentially just drink non-stop the entire time that they're conscious every day.

Or as I like to call him, Uncle Kurt.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
tonight i'm drinking jameson and ginger

not really a cocktail, i just can't drink straight jameson because i have to wake up early

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

tonight i'm drinking jameson and ginger

not really a cocktail, i just can't drink straight jameson because i have to wake up early

ginger ale is like the best mixer

I just wrapped up a massively successful videoconference for a boatload full of mega VIPs and thus within my first 2 months of the job have glowing praise in group email form from 2/3 of the people who run my school

So I'm going out and getting some champange haha

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm drinking white ladies tonight.
2oz of jensens old tom gin
1/2oz cointreau or pierre ferrand dry curacao (the pierre ferrand is better for this drink imo, but i'm out)
1/2oz lemon juice
1 x egg white using dry shaking

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

2DCAT posted:

1/2oz cointreau or pierre ferrand dry curacao (the pierre ferrand is better for this drink imo, but i'm out)
1/2oz lemon juice

oh nice i gotta try that tomorrow, don't have pierre ferrand either but cointreau will work

putting egg in anything but nog sounds weird but good

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

M_Gargantua posted:

oh nice i gotta try that tomorrow, don't have pierre ferrand either but cointreau will work

putting egg in anything but nog sounds weird but good

you don't really taste it at all, it's more for adding a frothy texture. Its honestly what I love about the drink so much. usually go with whiskey sours when i want a frothy drink, but it was 90 degrees out today and the weather definitely called for gin

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Alcohol is cool and good when consumed in a responsible manner. Right now I have bourbon (EW White), tequila (1800) and a little bit of brandy. The EW is good but I like Buffalo Trace a lot more and it's not that much more expensive, when I run out the EW I'll probably go back to that.

Drink of choice rn is bourbon with a single ice cube and a few drops of bitters. Made an Old Fashioned a couple of times and it was good but I need to practice it more, especially wrt mixing it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
when i started drinking a lot in my 20's i'd have midori mixed with mountain dew. then it was midori sours, then bacardi with triplesec on the rocks. sweet drinks own

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

2DCAT posted:

1/2oz lemon juice

dude you gotta stop posting these, you're making me feel bad for drinking 2 buck chuck in a paper bag

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*stumbles to the bar*

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Baloogan posted:

*stumbles to the bar*

What'll it be ducky

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm drinking wild turkey and soda atm

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wild turkey doesn't go out of its way to be unpleasant like JD (and i love JD don't get me wrong)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
yeah i definitely prefer it to jack. although I puked to many times as a youth thanks to jack so that might be 50% of it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

so its a heat wave here so i cant go with someting heavy.

tonights coctail is the haleys comet (obviously spelled differently than the astronomical sort)

1.5 oz gin (i go with hendricks)
1/4 oz st. germain
1/4 of grapefruit (best) or OJ (backup)

shake over ice, pour into glass

top with ginger beer, i aim for about 4oz (third of a can) for these ratios.

its a really light and tasty summer drink, i make it in 2 gallon gatorade coolers for beach days with slightly higher fractions of juice and ginger so you dont die.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i am mixing more dollar store lemon sparking water with my borbon while eating chocolate covered ginger and no one on this good earth can stop me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

so its a heat wave here so i cant go with someting heavy.

tonights coctail is the haleys comet (obviously spelled differently than the astronomical sort)

1.5 oz gin (i go with hendricks)
1/4 oz st. germain
1/4 of grapefruit (best) or OJ (backup)

shake over ice, pour into glass

top with ginger beer, i aim for about 4oz (third of a can) for these ratios.

its a really light and tasty summer drink, i make it in 2 gallon gatorade coolers for beach days with slightly higher fractions of juice and ginger so you dont die.

How is the Gosling's ginger beer? I'm a big fan of Bundaberg myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

wild turkey doesn't go out of its way to be unpleasant like JD (and i love JD don't get me wrong)

It's good stuff and solidly middle shelf despite being quite reasonably priced. Lot of great bourbon in that price range of course. Jack by contrast is basically bottom shelf stuff priced up to middle.

• Locked thread