Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

Jack Daniels is awful

For half the price you can get a bottle of Evan Williams white label which is massively superior

gently caress.
You.
Im.
Alive.
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

cheers

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

In college we literally used a bottle of JD to end relationships. Give each person in the relationship a shot from the cursed bottle and wait. Guaranteed fight by the end of the night. Six relationships were destroyed that way.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Relevant Tangent posted:

In college we literally used a bottle of JD to end relationships. Give each person in the relationship a shot from the cursed bottle and wait. Guaranteed fight by the end of the night. Six relationships were destroyed that way.

exactly! sometimes you gotta get somethin even worse outta your life

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

Jack Daniels is the Johnnie Walker of bourbon. Bottom-tier swill with an inflated price due to marketing.

Apparently the higher-end Jack Daniels is pretty decent, just like the higher-end Johnnie Walker. But you'll still pay more than it's worth.

Unless you can find Johnnie Walker Green Label under $50, that stuff is solid.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Relevant Tangent posted:

I don't understand this but I feel like I want to know more.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

That's it, honest. We had house parties and the marching band came, so there were always people in relationships that everyone knew were crummy. FYI the people who are music majors are easily the most stressed on any given campus because they have to do three or four zero credit classes a semester to keep up their instrumentation/vocal/composition skills. JD is a spirit(tual) purgative and if you want to dissolve a relationship it's the perfect solvent.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i spent memorial day weekend in new orleans and i found out about sazeracs and absinthe :toot:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol sug u aint heard that one?

im george washington i cannot tell a lie!

theres a bottle labeled evan williams with a splash in it splashin around my desk but theres an empty spot in my stomach where the hollies were i ate when i's a little boy but along come jack sayin i dont gotta keep that poison in my belly til i die i can just puke it out and i did and i have lived thirty years since

cheers!

love life, love god, love freedom
do what feels best, friend

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Relevant Tangent posted:

Relevant Tangent posted:

mine wouldn't go that way
i would try the jack test on my paramour, if he wasn't avoidin' drinkin' at the moment

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

Jack Daniels is the Johnnie Walker of bourbon. Bottom-tier swill with an inflated price due to marketing.

Apparently the higher-end Jack Daniels is pretty decent, just like the higher-end Johnnie Walker. But you'll still pay more than it's worth.

Unless you can find Johnnie Walker Green Label under $50, that stuff is solid.

johnnie walker? i'm now keepin' an' eye out, :lol:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Business Gorillas posted:

i spent memorial day weekend in new orleans and i found out about sazeracs and absinthe :toot:

and you are the very best in the thread because of it!!!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

love life, love god, love freedom
do what feels best, friend

i was 2 years old i didnt know what a poison berry was much less a life!!!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Business Gorillas posted:

sazeracs are the best

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

gently caress.
You.
Im.
Alive.
:colbert:

Tough talk from someone who can't prove to me they're not an artificial intelligence

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Tough talk from someone who can't prove to me they're not an artificial intelligence

im only half robot thank you very much!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
no intelligence at all to my artificiality ty

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

kwisatz sazerac

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i was 2 years old i didnt know what a poison berry was much less a life!!!

you mean you had poison berries in your belly at 2 and they gave you jack to help you puke it up?
:suspense:

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

fifth of bushmills and case of busch

cheers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
had a big job interview today that went well, thinking of celebrating with some ~choice liquor~

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

2DCAT posted:

sazeracs are the best

i liked this drink a lot more tbh, but i'd never make it at home

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
not beefy enough

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

you mean you had poison berries in your belly at 2 and they gave you jack to help you puke it up?
:suspense:

sokath! his eyes uncovered!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

not beefy enough

just get a bottle of b&b dude it taste like liquid steak

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Jun 2, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

senator, explain this

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

he can only pour beers with a special type of hops in em

LINDY HOPS HAHAHAHA ILL GET MY COAT

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i went to a bar in lower manhattan last night because i fear it'll be gone in a few years when the lease runs out and the landlord wants them to pay 4 times what they were paying before. a pitcher of the house beer costs $8, which is a bargain in a city where that can be the price for one glass of craft beer. i nursed that pitcher for two hours. it was a good night

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
where im spending the summer working bars are closed on sundays, "forcing" me to drink wine at home alone

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

senator, explain this

there is none, it speaks to how long it's been since i've had to pour my own beer

punchymcpunch posted:

he can only pour beers with a special type of hops in em

LINDY HOPS HAHAHAHA ILL GET MY COAT

so soon?
i chuckled at that one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

M_Gargantua posted:

where im spending the summer working bars are closed on sundays, "forcing" me to drink wine at home alone

forced huh?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Went to a Cajun/southern food place a couple weekends ago and their drink menu advertised something called a "Louisville Lightning", which as far as I can tell was just bourbon and lemonade with a lemon wedge for garnish. Pretty tasty for its simplicity, and also making me get more bourbon. Got EW White last time, what should I get now?

Relevant Tangent posted:

A bottle of 1800 Silver saved my relationship with the girlfriend who later become my wife.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Last bottle of bourbon I got was Old Grand Dad and it was p good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

Epic High Five posted:

Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond (like old rittenhouse) is loving great

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond (like old rittenhouse) is loving great

That's the one I get! I always get BiB if it is available. OGD is worth the slight markup

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Let us talk about decanters. They class up your alcohol. Go to a thrift store or an antiques store and get yourself one.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

C-Euro posted:

Went to a Cajun/southern food place a couple weekends ago and their drink menu advertised something called a "Louisville Lightning", which as far as I can tell was just bourbon and lemonade with a lemon wedge for garnish. Pretty tasty for its simplicity, and also making me get more bourbon. Got EW White last time, what should I get now?

A bottle of 1800 Silver saved my relationship with the girlfriend who later become my wife.

depends on the brand o' liqa' apparently

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Have you tried 114? It's excellent, and not nearly as overpowering as you'd fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Relevant Tangent posted:

Let us talk about decanters. They class up your alcohol. Go to a thrift store or an antiques store and get yourself one.

I really like old cobalt blue glassware and I got a cheap decanter with some shot glasses off ebay. it's real purty.

• Locked thread