Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i went to a bar in lower manhattan last night because i fear it'll be gone in a few years when the lease runs out and the landlord wants them to pay 4 times what they were paying before. a pitcher of the house beer costs $8, which is a bargain in a city where that can be the price for one glass of craft beer. i nursed that pitcher for two hours. it was a good night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

they might not be recording transnistria very well

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

curufinor posted:

lol people only drink soju because it's cheaper than coffee, juice, sometimes coca cola and definitely the fancier kinds of bottled water
now that's my kinda country

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

having some grapefruit sculpin tonight

overpriced but theres nothin' like it
i had sixpoint oyster stout on a date tonight, it was good

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

belgian beer best beer imo. there's a monastery in spencer, mass. that's the first officially trappist brewery outside of belgium

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've heard that st. bernardus abbt 12 is the exact same thing as westy 12, except far easier to find and drink and much cheaper. also it's not technically trappist

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

Stella is Budweiser made by fancy Euros.
it's brewed by the same conglomerate that makes budweiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

why does AB-InBev only buy a single microbrewery in a given city and region? they've bought Goose Island in Chicago, Blue Point in Long Island/NYC area, TenBarrel in Oregon, Elysian in Seattle, and now Wicked Weed in Asheville. i'm probably missing more but those are the ones that i know about. i imagine that there's a deliberate reason for it, but i can't put my finger on why

sam calagione, who's always been one of the loudest voices in the craft beer world against selling out, hates these buyouts because it allows AB-InBev to sell the acquired beers for cheaper even though they by and large keep their beers intact, effectively undercutting the competition. that's gotta be why they're doing that, right? the only microbrewery i've seen gone national under their umbrella is Goose Island and even then, it's just a select few beers

• Locked thread