Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Alcohol is cool and good when consumed in a responsible manner. Right now I have bourbon (EW White), tequila (1800) and a little bit of brandy. The EW is good but I like Buffalo Trace a lot more and it's not that much more expensive, when I run out the EW I'll probably go back to that.

Drink of choice rn is bourbon with a single ice cube and a few drops of bitters. Made an Old Fashioned a couple of times and it was good but I need to practice it more, especially wrt mixing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

i am mixing more dollar store lemon sparking water with my borbon while eating chocolate covered ginger and no one on this good earth can stop me

Had a "Louisville Lightning" earlier today which was just bourbon and lemonade garnished with a lemon slice and it was pretty drat good. I appreciate simplicity.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Went to a Cajun/southern food place a couple weekends ago and their drink menu advertised something called a "Louisville Lightning", which as far as I can tell was just bourbon and lemonade with a lemon wedge for garnish. Pretty tasty for its simplicity, and also making me get more bourbon. Got EW White last time, what should I get now?

Relevant Tangent posted:

In college we literally used a bottle of JD to end relationships. Give each person in the relationship a shot from the cursed bottle and wait. Guaranteed fight by the end of the night. Six relationships were destroyed that way.

A bottle of 1800 Silver saved my relationship with the girlfriend who later become my wife.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bip Roberts posted:

Just buy a bottle of Buffalo Trace and if you want it fancier for 50$ buy two.

Finally, a smart post on this subforum.

• Locked thread