Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i was sipppin on some ozark distillery bourbon with a hint of water this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im doing a knob creek rye manhattan atm to roll me along while cooking

im about to dive into scotch for the first time and picked up a bottle of glenmorangie 10 to celebrate

also probably going to have some of this pinot since it smelled loving fantastic when i deglazed with it :c00l:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

M_Gargantua posted:

that sounds pretty rad. guessing they keep it pretty local because ive never seen it up here.

yah its got a lot of spicy and isn't GREAT for sipping so im going to try making some cocktails out of it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
inspired by discovering the bullshot is something that exists im going to try making a few cocktails using some leftover unsalted beef broth today or tomorrow and i might be willing to buy some stupid poo poo to do it if the idea is funny enough

first is the original bullshot which is like a bloody mary but with broth instead of tomatoes
  1.5 oz vodka
  4 oz beef broth
  1/4 oz lemon juice
  dash worcestershire sauce
  dash hot sauce
  pinch of salt and cayenne pepper

but that seems p boring and way too like a bloody mary so i need more ideas of things to try

one horrifying idea is:
  2 oz bourbon
  4 oz beef broth
  pinch of vegemite
  dash of orange bitters
  pinch of salt
  1/4 oz maple syrup
  garnish with a grilled green onion

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im upset at the lack of suggestions and will therefore cancel the horrorshow

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i apologize, i was worried i would worsen the hangover with any suggestion i might make

well hell darlin i just got back from the store and im missing most of the everything

guess i can do a southern bbq drink to make up for it

gonna do sorta like a whiskey sour i think

1.5 oz bourbon
2 oz beef stock
.5 oz bbq sauce
a pinch of chipotle
a pinch of marmite

here we goooo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
unfortunately the marmite kind of froze and stuck to the side of the shaker, and i used the shaker just to try to mix the bbq sauce and marmite in so :-\

it is a bit uh...cloudy, with a nice head on it

and i threw on some orange zest to really kick it up a notch

(i have some really lovely tasting oranges that still have great zest)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
what i am going to call the Southern Beau taste report:

i waited for the head to go mostly away, which is good because what little i tasted of it was like a bbq foam thats better suited to a $100/plate ny bistro than a proper cocktail

the savory with the bit of chipotle heat behind it almost completely hides the alcohol, you just get this meaty savory flavor with the sweetness of the sauce and it feels warm. the only real hint of the alcohol is that whiff up in the sinuses that you get since this is half liquor

zesting the orange instead of muddling a peel was a mistake

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
it was kind of missing something between the earthy beef and the sweet sauce so i ground a bit of black pepper into it and stirred it with a thyme sprig and it's actually kind of tasty now which is probably more horrifying than if it just tasted like liquid rear end

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

maybe a 2/10? 2 higher than expected

goonspeed, my bowels

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

the sprig of thyme was a pro tier touch

idk if you realized this, but i love ma' herbs :3:

fennel and tarragon aren't the same ol' sugar and spice, you're comin' through loud and clear

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
no intelligence at all to my artificiality ty

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
not beefy enough

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

An Apple A Gay posted:

o p p o r t u n i t y
c o s t

cheers

i pick opportunity up any time i see it at costco

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

theflyingexecutive posted:

WHO says SK is 13th in alcohol consumption overall

i give up, who

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hell, i'll also crosspost from the iron chef thread because i drank it all and felt no regrets about it

mormonpartyboat posted:

a White Texan

2 oz kahlua, 1 oz bourbon, 1 oz heavy cream, 1/2 oz of ranch dressing

stirring was not working so i threw it in the shaker and it looks better even if i didnt want to change out glasses for a ~clean picture~

it's surprisingly pretty good!! with the cream, the ranch dressing is more like the vermouth of dairies, adding just a bit of spice and acidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i dont know anything about gin but i bought some bombay sapphire on a whim and its v tasty in g&ts and a martini

should i know anything about gin

• Locked thread