Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Staying in Seoul rn to dehumanize myself and face to bloodshed

Soju is 40 proof and 1500won (like $1.30) is a high price in a grocery store for 500ml

Dehumanizing pretty hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Watched a guy drink 4 liters of it too, yesterday

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

Koreans are crazy drinkers

2013 data based on 1.5oz servings of liquor consumed per capita~

South Korea — 11.2 shots/week
Russia — 5.0 shots/week
Thailand — 4.8 shots/week
Poland — 4.0 shots/week
Japan — 3.6 shots/week
Philippines — 3.5 shots/week
Bulgaria — 3.3 shots/week
Slovakia — 3.0 shots/week
Ukraine — 2.8 shots/week
France — 2.7 shots/week

Important to remember soju is only 40 proof and is vast majority of liquor consumed (500 ml soju at the local e-mart: 1300won 500 ml vodka: >6000won) so actual ETH consumption only comparable to russians
"only comparable to russians" lol

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Epic High Five posted:

I've been feeling more exotic lately and was considering getting some soju but uh

1) hard to find here

2) am I reading it wrong or could I just create my own by buying flavored vodka and watering it down 1:1? Seems like it's all made from NGS now

lol people only drink soju because it's cheaper than coffee, juice, sometimes coca cola and definitely the fancier kinds of bottled water
you can find it in america for like $15 a bottle
this contravenes 100% of the point of soju

curufinor has issued a correction as of 06:19 on Jun 13, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
also the flavorings in soju are 100% proprietary and p. iconic in korea
also incredibly hangover-inducing
it's like saying "i have a bunch of coca leaves and kola nuts here, you can make coca-cola with that, carbonated water and some corn syrup right"

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

2DCAT posted:

i couldn't drink soju anymore because it'll give me a hangover no matter how much i drink :rip:

gotta up your anju game (lit. block-alcohol: poo poo you eat and drink while you drink). lots of korean men and women can drink a liter or two of this poo poo but not many can do it on an empty stomach
best anju is obvs sannakji
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NURm5xoCmsk

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
you know, that song had more influence in the world than the winning song, which was a goddamn cover
bad systems of credit assignment, you know

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

Booze is cheap as hell even in my high-priced, west coast, liberal elite neighborhood. I can get extremely good, strong, all-American liquor for $20 a bottle after tax, half as much if I'm not feeling choosy.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the absence of a particular 20% abv liqueur myself.

Lol

1000won = bit less than 1 dollar

Only registered members can see post attachments!

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
And the alcohol

E: gently caress cut off prices lemme get another photo

E: here we go

curufinor has issued a correction as of 09:09 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Goddamn it attachments

Anyhow, this is in a gangnam convenience store so it's ripoff prices

Coke is 500ml and the soju is 400ml so actually per ml i think it's the same price

Lol

curufinor has issued a correction as of 09:20 on Jun 23, 2017

• Locked thread