Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So if I'm not willing to add Showtime via my tv provider, basically my only other option is to watch it via free trial on the app on my iPhone?

David Lynch would never approve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I haven't poured through too much bonus material yet, but did Lynch or Frost or anyone ever explain what their original S2 ideas were? I know they didn't want to solve the mystery, but would the Harold Smith poo poo or Catherine in disguise, or Audrey being kidnapped still have happened?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

So if I'm not willing to add Showtime via my tv provider, basically my only other option is to watch it via free trial on the app on my iPhone?

David Lynch would never approve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
The login from the free trial you make on the iPhone app can be used with Showtime Anytime, so you can watch it on your PC. There's also the option to add the channel to your Amazon account, and once you do that, you may be able to watch Showtime stuff through Amazon Video apps on various device, though I'm not sure about that.

e: Also this episode description is hilariously vague:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 21, 2017

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Going to miss these guys having scenes together.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The login from the free trial you make on the iPhone app can be used with Showtime Anytime, so you can watch it on your PC. There's also the option to add the channel to your Amazon account, and once you do that, you may be able to watch Showtime stuff through Amazon Video apps on various device, though I'm not sure about that.

How do I log in to Showtime Anytime with the Apple login? When I try to log in on the Anytime site, it asks me to select from a list of TV providers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

How do I log in to Showtime Anytime with the Apple login? When I try to log in on the Anytime site, it asks me to select from a list of TV providers.
For me there were 2 login options, one for if you signed up with the Showtime app and one if you had Showtime through a TV provider. I clicked the first login option, entered my email/password from the app and it signed me in.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

For me there were 2 login options, one for if you signed up with the Showtime app and one if you had Showtime through a TV provider. I clicked the first login option, entered my email/password from the app and it signed me in.

Yeah, I can sign in to the Showtime website that way, but not the Showtime Anytime site or app. It looks like the free Apple trial doesn't actually include Showtime Anytime, which really sucks because I wanted to see episodes 3 and 4 tonight.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

How are we going to handle spoilers, considering that streamers will be ahead of people who are watching on TV? Black bars for stuff that's aired, then black bars with a warning for stuff that's only been on streaming?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

Yeah, I can sign in to the Showtime website that way, but not the Showtime Anytime site or app. It looks like the free Apple trial doesn't actually include Showtime Anytime, which really sucks because I wanted to see episodes 3 and 4 tonight.
Oh, are they 2 different things? Well that's confusing and sucks :(

CottonWolf posted:

How are we going to handle spoilers, considering that streamers will be ahead of people who are watching on TV? Black bars for stuff that's aired, then black bars with a warning for stuff that's only been on streaming?
I guess only black bars for episodes 3 and 4, since they aren't technically airing on TV til next week?

I'm going to a concert tonight and watching the episodes when I get home, so I'll probably avoid the thread altogether til I've watched them all.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

CottonWolf posted:

I think it's only fair to spoiler those extra episodes as not everyone will be able to see them. It'll mean that some people are going to be out of the loop but that's the way it goes.

el oso posted:

Going to miss these guys having scenes together

It's a shame that he's pretty much retired from acting and has no interest in coming back. Weirdly he was set to return, he was even trying to find the original jacket but then suddenly bowed out of it and hasn't said why. On the other hand we do get Robert Forster so...

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

It's a shame that he's pretty much retired from acting and has no interest in coming back. Weirdly he was set to return, he was even trying to find the original jacket but then suddenly bowed out of it and hasn't said why. On the other hand we do get Robert Forster so...

I'm guessing Forster going to play Harry's older brother, Frank. He is mentioned a couple of times in The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

el oso posted:

I'm guessing Forster going to play Harry's older brother, Frank. He is mentioned a couple of times in The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

I would presume so, and Forster was Lynch's original choice but he had to pass on it. I know that reports said he would just be playing Harry, but I don't think even Lynch would do that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you're a member of the FB group and you don't want to be spoiled, you should probably unfollow it. There are already spoilers being posted in there. Not big ones, just little details here and there, but still.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ONLY A FEW HOURS NOW JESUS gently caress

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just finished watching the super-duper 3 1/2 hour long fan-edit of FWWM (yes, I watched the original years ago, purists) and am about 100 pages into the secret history book. I am loving pumped for tonight, holy shiiiiiiiit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

ONLY A FEW HOURS NOW JESUS gently caress

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looking back, there is something that I didn't understand. What does the clue "the owls are not what they seem" refer to?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mraagvpeine posted:

Looking back, there is something that I didn't understand. What does the clue "the owls are not what they seem" refer to?
Bob takes the form of an owl sometimes when he's not possessing humans.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Bob takes the form of an owl sometimes when he's not possessing humans.

Is it implied that he can also see through the eyes of owls? I have that in my head, but I'm not sure where I got the idea from.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The next seven hours of work are going to be such a drag. All I can think about is the four hours of Lynch I get to inject when I get home ...

e: it's a drat shame CraveTV has no PS4 app. Living in Canada the service is the only legit way to watch (afaik) and I would gladly give Bell my money for this show.

Any other Canucks know whether it's airing on TV at all, or does Crave have a monopoly on Showtime's programming?

esperterra fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 22, 2017

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Just finished season 2. The last episode was amazing. I really like how lynch uses decrepit old men.
Still need to watch FWWM, but I've got all day tomorrow to catch up.

Edit: Also here in Canada it will be airing on The Movie Network.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mallratcal posted:

Just finished season 2. The last episode was amazing. I really like how lynch uses decrepit old men.

You're gonna love Season 3 then because so far it looks like it'll be full of 'em! :classiclol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

mallratcal posted:

Still need to watch FWWM, but I've got all day tomorrow to catch up.

Edit: Also here in Canada it will be airing on The Movie Network.

Good to know, wasn't sure if TMN still aired HBO/Showtime stuff or if it had all moved to streaming. At least I'll be able to DVR after tonight. Pretty sure my package has TMN.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

esperterra posted:

The next seven hours of work are going to be such a drag. All I can think about is the four hours of Lynch I get to inject when I get home ...

e: it's a drat shame CraveTV has no PS4 app. Living in Canada the service is the only legit way to watch (afaik) and I would gladly give Bell my money for this show.

Any other Canucks know whether it's airing on TV at all, or does Crave have a monopoly on Showtime's programming?

Check to see if there's a tmngo app, that should also get it for you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I sign up for it later, I'll be able to stream the episodes that have aired and been added there whenever I want, right? Is that how it works?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Check to see if there's a tmngo app, that should also get it for you.

Looks like it's just Xbone, same as Crave. So lame.

e: oh, and 360. they still make you sub to gold to use apps like that? If so gently caress that noise.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 22, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

esperterra posted:

Looks like it's just Xbone, same as Crave. So lame.

What else is lame is that the CraveTV app, despite supporting chromecast, doesn't allow captions through it, which is kinda bullshit (also, casting is buggy as hell).

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Here is TMN schedule for the series. http://www.themovienetwork.ca/twin-peaks-2017

They have on demand delayed by 2 days, which is unfortunate.

Edit: I hope we get a shot of Leo still biting that string after all this time.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 22, 2017

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

e: Also this episode description is hilariously vague:

on thetvdb.com it has that for the e02 description. for e01 http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=70533&seasonid=696307&id=5927998&lid=7 It can potentially spoil something so it's your call. you can look at the descriptions for the other episodes and they follow the same format

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Here is TMN schedule for the series. http://www.themovienetwork.ca/twin-peaks-2017

They have on demand delayed by 2 days, which is unfortunate.

Edit: I hope we get a shot of Leo still biting that string after all this time.

Leo's not coming back :(

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

el oso posted:

Going to miss these guys having scenes together.

This is my only worry about the new series. The relationship between Cooper and Truman was really the heart of the show. I hope against hope that they find something to anchor it in that way.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Watching the marathon today on showtime my body is ready

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Leo's not coming back :(

I guess the spiders got him :( I'll miss him and Harry.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I got some drat good coffee infused beer for tonight

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i thought it premiered at 8:00 :cry: i can't handle another hour!!!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

What else is lame is that the CraveTV app, despite supporting chromecast, doesn't allow captions through it, which is kinda bullshit (also, casting is buggy as hell).

Is it confirmed if CraveTV will have episodes 3 & 4 streaming at the same time that Showtime does?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I still can't quite believe that it is happening again.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

Among the many burning questions I have about the return, one of the most important ones is if they are going to keep the original opening or not. (I might cry once that first note of the theme hits.)

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

I still can't quite believe that it is happening again.

Me neither. 20 minutes from David Lynch almost doubling his oeuvre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

el oso posted:

Among the many burning questions I have about the return, one of the most important ones is if they are going to keep the original opening or not. (I might cry once that first note of the theme hits.)

Like you mean the exact same? Or basically the same but with the footage redone the way the locations look now?