Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I still can't quite believe that it is happening again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Only disappointing thing about the new show is that Jack Nance didn't live to be in it as the new mayor or whatever.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Does anyone have a timeline on the events of the original series? The Peaks wiki has some things down to the day: Laura dies February 24, Leland dies March 12, but is there a date for the finale? Seems like it's about a month.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Jade drops Great Northern key in mailbox, postage guaranteed, delivered to Twin Peaks, teenager at front desk throws away, Great Northern rooms have been on keycards since 2005, Dougie stands by statue forever.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Dick Horne

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Candy Clark owns and that scene owns. Between this and Wally Brando - to borrow a phrase from SMG - I'm beginning to think Twin Peaks fans do not like Twin Peaks.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I think everyone may want to curb their expectations on Coop "coming back" and what that will actually be like. Even if he snaps to in the next episode, is 100% "there" mentally, etc. he's still going to have frozen caveman syndrome with the world in general. It would be surprising if he was reintegrated into the FBI as a full special agent or whatever. A crazy assassin dude with his face has been wreaking havoc for decades. And he will most likely be a changed man from his time in limbo. I dunno, I could easily eat my words on this -because who can even pretend to predict what Lynch will do - but I don't think the returning Coop is going to be the same chipper guy throwing rocks and bottles and going on about trees he was. I don't think he's going to jump in and take the lead on the South Dakota murder case.

I guess in short, I'm sure Dale Cooper is going to recover and reappear at some point, but there's no way to know who Dale Cooper is and what he's going to be about once he does. Maybe this is so obvious it has gone without saying. The question isn't when Dougie-Coop is going to un-baby himself. The question is what it means to be Dale Cooper, Black Lodge Escapee, home 25 years later.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

I want Cooper to come back next episode and then the next eleven episodes are a Fish Out of Water comedy as he adjusts to all the technological advances made in the last 25 years. Just a five minute, one take shot of Cooper fumbling with a smart phone without any soundtrack. Coop trying to comprehend Starbuck's cup sizes. Coop crashing a hoverboard.

Yeah he and Lucy are going to terrify each other for an hour with their iPhones, with Lynch's phone rant audible off-set

Polo-Rican posted:

That is, unless he somehow "merges" with evil Coop, who has been out in the wild this whole time. I could imagine this being the case. We're kind of assuming that Dougie is Coop, but what if that's only the "good, innocent" half, and evil Coop is the other half.

True enough, trying to hash out "rules" for Lodge stuff and doppelgangers is futile

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I mean the extended pilot is still perfect and it's almost feature length so just make your dad watch that

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I was wondering why the giant was credited as Tane in this episode but then I realized hes the original orb dad

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Whoever books shows at Bang Bang is really good

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I'm loving the show but part of me is glad to have a week off. There's a lot to take in esp. from #8 and it delays that moment where there's no new Twin Peaks again for a week

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Watching the edit of FWWM with the missing pieces integrated. I feel like the new season has trained me up to it because I'm surprised at how easy it is to watch the 3.5 hours

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Rewatched Eraserhead for the first time in a couple years and just realized that Mary X is Mrs. Briggs. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that the baby and Bobby are half-siblings

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

What if there's no new episode on Sunday and there's no new episode ever and there are just eight parts and Twin Peaks is over.

vvvyeah i agree

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 4, 2017

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The new episode of Twin Peaks was good to watch. I liked it. Can't believe we are halfway through the new Twin Peaks, but also I can't believe we are only halfway through the new Twin Peaks.

Albert and the comedian morgue worker are in there falling in love while Gordon and Diane share a smoke and an anecdote.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Trying to remember how many jobs/activities Laura had. Off the top of the dome I remember:

*High school student/homecoming queen
*Meals on Wheels
*Storytime diary hangouts with the shutin that grows flowers
*Helping Josie with English
*Helping Johnny Horne
*Friendship and hangout time with Donna
*Relationships with Bobby and James
*Therapy and tape-making with Jacoby
*Scoring drugs
*Working at One Eyed Jack's/working for Jacques
*Not washing her hands

Am I missing anything? With extracurriculars like that she would have been the star of every college admissions board in Pacific Northwest.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Sylvia needs to learn to have a real safe and a decoy safe and maybe she could keep more money in a big safe known as a Bank

Not the first time a Horne has been burned by a big safe

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

I like my blanket better

Lunch Time, My Time

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

J_RBG posted:

I think this is genuinely a milestone of TV history. It's the master statement of one of the most interesting, unique and acclaimed directors around, and I can't wait for more of it. It's just so good.

yeah it's good. Time to watch a new episode of Twin Peaks in a couple minutes

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This episode was the hottest thing since the atomic bomb.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The show is going to end with Coop "coming back" in the last couple scenes, brushing his teeth, saying "DIANE..." and then cutting away

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Dougie is going to make it back to Twin Peaks unchanged but the community will accept him. With his new background in insurance and his demeanor/work pace, he's a shoo-in to work at the city bank.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The bookhouse boys are back in town (spread the word around).

Remember that curly-haired biker that was a bookhouse boy but also was being tailed by Truman and Coop I think in the pilot? Never made sense to me.

moist turtleneck posted:

The secret book house, with an illuminated neon sign in the window

One of Laura Palmer's myriad after-school activities was amateur neon signage. She had to die after they commissioned the sign from her

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Brought to you by the new honorary Bookhouse Boy, Jack Daniels

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Pretty funny that they've saved Audrey for a dozen episodes just to use her as the new version of Invitation to Love

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sarah always had the worst go of it in the old show what with her daughter being abused and murdered by husband and then dying a couple weeks later. It was really profoundly sad to see that she's still living in the old house alone(?)

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It won't necessarily be good, but once The Return is over, someone will probably pull apart all the different locale/plot threads and make them into feature length fan edits. Basically what I'm saying is I want to watch Hello Dougie.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Just noticed that Coop's middle name is Bartholomew, making him a D.B. Cooper

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This is hardly enough time for them to unfold the blanket

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Harry Dean Stanton's album is also on Spotify and is good

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Rashida Jones and Bob Odenkirk were my top two casting picks for the new series

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Audrey and Charlie are trapped in an episode of the Invitation to Love revival. The humming noise that Ben and Ashley Judd were looking for is the show playing on the TVs in the Great Northern, but like in another dimension and stuff.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It was cool that Andy was forced to binge watch all three seasons and the movie.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Is there a toilet in the lodge?

one place to poo poo in the black lodge...and it's right here

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

For anyone interested in the earliest Lynch/Coulson collaborations. It's almost come full circle in a way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ5RsowRIus

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Next week is the two-part finale. That means only one thing...BRING IT IN GUYS!!!

*every character from Twin Peaks, South Dakota, Las Vegas, the FBI, and the Fat Trout Trailer Park come into the Roadhouse with everything for a HUGE party*

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The animation of Diane going full orb was very Hausu. Thank you David

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The new season of the show "Twin Peaks" is good and I like to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Gloveboy is going to punch the wig off Doppelcooper, turning him good, and he is going to be the new Dougie.