Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TheBizzness posted:

FWWM with me

FWWMWM.

Well, I thought it was kind of funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I know I posted it in the previous thread, but for any and all Canadians, CraveTV will be airing this alongside Showtime, on the same date and time, so you won't be missing out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I haven't seen Mulholland Drive, but I have seen the diner/dumpster scene many times, and while that's a very small sampling, it still has that Lynchian dreamlike/nightmare quality.

Like, if I had a dream exactly like that scene (with the dude even talking about his own dream), I'd wake up upset, but I know I wouldn't be able to convey in words how awful and disturbing it was, it'd just be "and then some person popped out!" and it would sound lie any other jump scare.

The dumpster scene is the most intense jump scare I've ever experienced.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

esperterra posted:

The next seven hours of work are going to be such a drag. All I can think about is the four hours of Lynch I get to inject when I get home ...

e: it's a drat shame CraveTV has no PS4 app. Living in Canada the service is the only legit way to watch (afaik) and I would gladly give Bell my money for this show.

Any other Canucks know whether it's airing on TV at all, or does Crave have a monopoly on Showtime's programming?

Check to see if there's a tmngo app, that should also get it for you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

esperterra posted:

Looks like it's just Xbone, same as Crave. So lame.

What else is lame is that the CraveTV app, despite supporting chromecast, doesn't allow captions through it, which is kinda bullshit (also, casting is buggy as hell).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Here is TMN schedule for the series. http://www.themovienetwork.ca/twin-peaks-2017

They have on demand delayed by 2 days, which is unfortunate.

Edit: I hope we get a shot of Leo still biting that string after all this time.

Leo's not coming back :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I didn't like it and I got real mad not getting the joke. Being told it's a wild one brando parody I'm still mad. I'm gonna go be mad some more.

I'm a complete idiot, because I completely forgot the Brando thing. This is especially bad since...

bobkatt013 posted:

Also with some Godfather

This is one of my favourite movies.

It was funny, now it's really funny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so if both episodes 3 and 4 are streaming but haven't aired, does that mean that there'll only be a new episode available to everyone in 3 weeks, instead of next week?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

I believe so. 3&4 air next week, the next new ones a week after that. Sky, at least, haven't said that 5 will be available for streaming after 3&4 air.

Oh, both 3 and 4 will air next week? Ok, that's better than what I expected. Do we know if it'll always be two episodes at once, or is that just for the first 4?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm really hoping Diane is Laura Dern, because Laura Dern is fantastic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Was it 2:53 when Dark Coop crashed his car and vomited creamed corn and poison?

Ha, what a sentence.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

I'm missing Badalamenti and bored, so for fun I wanted to see if a scene without music would work with music, and I think it does. Maybe the music will return when Coop does.

The music link says it's not available. What musical track is it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Section 9 posted:

I hate to admit this, but I don't understand this situation at all.

http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Rose

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

redreader posted:

What time will ep 5 be available on showtime?

Likely as soon as the episode starts airing on regular broadcast.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I hope I never have to see that face for the rest of my life.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cromulent posted:

I was definitely spoiled by watching the first four in one chunk, because I felt like not enough happened last night. I can forgive the long pacing when I know I have more to watch, but when I'm basically counting down the minutes til it's over, it's a little frustrating to see Andy and Hawk poring over documents with no dialogue for 2 minutes.

Well, he was looking for indians, and he couldn't find any. That's not the sort of thing you just know right away. :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

He seems to be playing almost exactly the same character and for a little bit I imagined that Get Out was in the same universe.

He's a perfect example of why you should never let anyone say you're not handsome enough to be in pictures. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy gently caress, that hit and run :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

I think dwarf stabbing the lady also counts for one of the most violent things Lynch has put on film, the shots are close and the sound design is brutal. The kid dying was tragic.

Yeah, I just got there, jesus christ :stare:

Pretty brutal episode. Maybe I'm getting softer with age, but I welcome more Dougie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't know, I felt like I was kind of doing the same thing the rest of them were doing.

Christ, I hope I never have to experience anything like that in real life, even remotely.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

someone strap you into the seat of a car going 70 and telling you to drive.

Jade gives two riiiiiiiiides :black101:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

this is the best opinion.

I'd love it if Coop comes back, fucks over Evil Coop, gets HIM sent to the black lodge, which somehow turns him into a Dougie-like.... so then we get Coop helping out 'Dougie' :toot: We all win (except for Evil Coop).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

Actually the best comedy is dumb and dumber starring Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels

I can agree with this.

Though the only comedy I've legitimately laughed out loud at recently was Jason Bateman's' "Bad Words".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

I wouldn't call what Lynch said a "rant"

I admit, I watch this show on my 'loving phone'. :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

try the new taco place posted:

If you watch on "your loving phone", I think more of the concern with Lynch is missing on the sounds.

I use headphones.

I'm not completely ignorant :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Involving some girl from Ipanema."

:golfclap:

Also, that creepy dude walking the hospital hallway :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so dude from Mulholland Drive is Mr Todd, right? And he answers to someone else? Was it him that gave that little speech about how he wished he didn't work for who he worked for? I have to rewatch episode 1, I guess.

I get the feeling that they're hinting at some major bad guy, but this being an 18 hour movie, he hasn't really been mentioned for something like 5 hours now.

EDIT:

DizzyBum posted:

So right I have no goddamn clue what's happening in this show but man am I digging the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk

This is very Cocteau Twins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtBr5JKSuks

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy gently caress, what did I just watch. I mean, there have been some outlandish stuff that Lynch has made but what the gently caress was that? I'm not even saying I didn't like it, but :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

When he woke up and with the black eyes I think he is now pure Bob.

RAW-bert :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think I might be the only person who finds Amanda Seyfried disturbing to look at :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

Throughout the years I have mostly heard negative things about Belushi. Granted, I've never met him but the stories all seem to have similar threads to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8U7eZg_Zk

However, people change and I hope he isn't a total prick in real life. But I don't think that my opinion will change based on his appearance in my favorite show ever.

On another note, I thought it was fantastic that Hawk said that the fire emblem/energy depends heavily on intent.

I loved listening to this, but goddamn, this was from an audiobook? Was it recorded in a room with the audiobook playing? That sounds like poo poo, so I'm assuming that it's someone just recording the recording.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im torn: I want the real Cooper, but I also love Dougie-Cooper

This may be blasphemous in the Twin Peaks thread, but perhaps we've had enough Dougie Cooper, and it's now time for good ol' regular Coop, and HE'S the one that kills bad Coop.

Or the moment that Dougie manages to somehow kill bad Coop, then good Coop is then made whole and is 'back'. I'd be fine with that, provided that it doesn't happen 15 minutes from the end of the season.

Then good Coop helps Truman and Hawk take down whatever force is cutting peoples' heads in half :clint:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

There's still a lot of c haracters we haven't checked in on like Big Ed

I need my Audrey :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rooney McNibnug posted:

I'm still thinking about the car horn lady scene.

You know, I watch this show late on Sunday nights/Monday mornings usually, while I'm rocking my 3 month old to sleep. I'm watching it on my loving phone, with the sound off, and sometimes, I'm WAYY too tired.

I had COMPLETELY missed this, holy poo poo. :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

At once the bomb was detonated, Ken Bainbridge looked to Oppenheimer and said, "Now we are all Mr Jackpot! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm just only catching up with last week's episode now, but I hate stuff involving kids. That dude that got shot practically in front of his son :smith:

HOWEVER, Audrey :swoon: :swoon:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The scene when Tom Sizemore is hiding by his desk on the phone with Mr Todd, are the other people dancing to sped-up music? Did that happen for anyone else? Because it certainly seemed weird as gently caress but maybe intentional to me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I never, ever skip poo poo in tv shows, but goddammit, I skimmed this week's (or last week's, can't remember) Jacoby rant.

I just don't give a poo poo about his ranting. I get the point within the first few seconds.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lord Krangdar posted:

James' voice kinda sounds like Wayne Coyne from The Flaming Lips.

"Do you realize.... you have the most... beautiful pie...."

Also, I need more Leland :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm just at the James part now... uhh... wow. :stare: