Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Never seen the original series (I've seen maybe up to episode 3, liked it but just always got distracted), gonna have to do a lotta binge-watching to catch up in a reasonable amount of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm liking everything about this so far, with the exception of not having real Cooper back yet. We had enough of Dougie being braindead in the initial 4 episodes, I'm ready for that part of the show to wrap up.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Little Mac posted:

You guys get that Cooper has been literally reborn and is acting very baby, right?

I'll be honest, I don't really care what the reason or symbolism or whatever is, I'm ready for real Cooper to be back. It's the worst part of the show so far for me because his scenes have been dragging on for too long since he got out of the Lodge. Some stuff is funny, definitely, but there's been a Iot of scenes the past 3 episodes that are just him staring at stuff with no dialogue. I want Cooper back and I want him back in Twin Peaks, damnit :colbert:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

eSporks posted:

It's almost as if this series is directed by David Lynch.

hurf durf, original response! Dougie just isn't doing it for me. I loved original Twin Peaks, FWWM, Mulholland Dr. is one of my favorite movies, and it's been a while but I remember enjoying Eraserhead and Blue Velvet, not so much Dune. I'm relatively familiar with Lynch. I loved the first two episodes of this season, thought episode 3 was really good, episode 4 was enjoyable, but the Dougie scenes from 5 and 6 have been more miss than hit for me. Everything else I'm really enjoying. I don't think it's an unfair criticism :shrug:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Krangdar posted:

It's ok not to like those parts, but I just think some self-indulgence is the inevitable trade-off for letting a creative genius have near-total freedom.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This girl I know is saying stuff on Twitter like "I love this season but I need regular Coop back." Uhhh, you obviously don't love this season then. It's been hilarious and amazing watching Dougie Coop learn how to behave like an adult human being from nothing and kind of stumble into these solutions to problems. Scribbling a bunch of poo poo on a paper shouldn't have been the proof his boss needed that his coworker was lying about the state of the company, but somehow it worked.

This is silly. I love a lot of stuff that I can also find faults in. I love my apartment, but my closet is extremely small. I love reading the Lord of The Rings trilogy from time to time but there's stuff I skip when I read them again. Parks & Recreation and 30 Rock are two of my favorite comedies ever but there are episodes that I don't really care to rewatch.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I'm just saying, for a season that's only had 6 episodes so far, if you hate one of the main plotlines in it, it's pretty weird to say you love the season.

But at what point are people allowed to decide that a part of a show isn't for them? Like, say Cooper is back to normal by the end of next episode and the rest of the season is absolutely perfect, does someone have to wait until the end of the season to say 'hey I loved everything except for those few episodes where I thought Cooper's scenes dragged on too long'? Another way to look at it is, we're 1/3 of the way through the season and we don't have the 'real' version of the most important (and beloved) character from the original series around yet. I don't think it's weird at all to love everything else and also not like what's going on with him at the moment, even if you know what Lynch is doing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

KyloWinter posted:

This show is hot garbage.

After being called a scumbag for expressing my dislike of the pacing of one plotline of this show I can't wait to see the hot takes you're gonna get :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

This season is losing a lot of steam

The Dougie poo poo needs to end. And can we please stay in Twin Peaks with the originals?

whoah hey, you absolute idiot, have you even heard of David Lynch?????????
:smug:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love that it's not a lovely nostalgia fest.

Me too!

I just am not a fan of how Dougie's scenes have been played out so far.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 14, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

if ur not retarded enough to enjoy the dougie then i pity u !!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZglqkCRNt8

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brb, putting this in my workout playlist

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Section 9 posted:

Your opinion is valid and true. If anyone could create a TV show that encompassed the duality of being both the best TV show ever made and the biggest pile of hot garbage, it is David Lynch (and Mark Frost.)

Edit: Same to you GobiasIndustries. Hate on the Dougie bits all you want. You're right that you don't like it, as are the other people that are sick of Dougie. I disagree, but your opinions are still good, despite the nay-sayers. I just disagree.

Hey thanks! If I didn't enjoy the show so much I wouldn't bother posting about it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/status/875423142625366017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was a drat good episode. If we're not gonna get real Coop back, Dougie with other people is the next best thing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I am coming around to Dougie.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Section 9 posted:

WTF? How do I like a post in this horribly outdated forum system?

it's called emptyquoting

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

i love jane-ee so very much

she is v. badass

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy the Dougie plotline. I didn't enjoy how it was was getting played out, with him mostly just standing around by himself.I understood what was happening, but didn't like the execution.

I really enjoyed everything about Dougie today.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A thing David Lynch is absolutely wrong about : James has not always been cool.

that had to have been a tongue-in-cheek scene, right?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We aren't gonna see real Coop, are we? :smith:

I'm fluctuating hard between all the stages of grief :smith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This isn't the Twin Peaks I expected. Or hell, even the Twin Peaks I wanted.

But its drat good TV.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was up and down early in the season, peaced out at episode 8, then came back a couple days ago to catch up on everything I'd missed. I'm so loving glad I did. "I AM the FBI" was so goddamn satisfying. And I enjoyed 8, I think I just wasn't in the mood for it at the time.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Why did they send her back to school, again?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol oh yeah it was just "she thinks she's a teen so let's let the super strong hyper emotional adult go to HS again for...reasons"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
At least Ed & Norma ended up together :unsmith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Best way to describe my feelings is that S3 stuck the landing but broke its ankle walking off the mat.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
who was that kid who killed himself in the woods and how did he and his girlfriend hook into the plot? I remember seeing him but I don't remember why he mattered.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

And More posted:

He was just some junkie, and the one girlfriend was Shelly's daugther and the other one was Donna's sister. I don't think they hooked into anything in particular.

So he was just around to ruin other people and then kill himself? Good metaphor for life, IMO.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
E18 was a wet fart from David Lynch's butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kaworu posted:

:lol: This is why I love a good Lynch finale like this, because it inspires such reactions

I love every smug rear end in a top hat coming out to deride people who weren't a fan of the ending. I'm coming around on the ending but no need to be a dick about things.