Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

A fun GQ video where Kyle MacLachlan talks about his various film roles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2ThAzZEhg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/lynchsplaining/status/1141361742385164288

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's probably my all-time favorite scene from the original run. Albert's such a great character.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

My gf and I have been watching the show over the past two months. We just finished season 3. She is distraught that there's no resolution or ending to the show. I keep telling her that there may be another season if Lynch gets the mental energy to move forward with good ideas, but that it also will probably end with a vague ending that you are suppose to interpret for yourself lmbo

She was also super pissy about the Dougie plot being like 16 episodes long and [real] Cooper being back only for two and a half, but I thought it was a great long-con troll by Lynch. What a magnificent bastard.

Episode 8 was some of his best material imho.

I'm still not sure how to coalesce all of the lore into a coherent narrative, but I don't think I'm suppose to be able to do so?

If it helps, Dougie is Dale, but his mind's asleep. He's just as silly and weird as Dale is. Been a little while since I saw the show but the ending comes in two parts. Dale does succeed in saving Laura but Judy grabs her and sends her to the HBO Presents Twin Peaks universe (here it's a straightforward, realistic FBI procedural with the complimentary Mexico filter). I always took the very end is Laura waking up from that nightmare and the reality that imprisoned her collapsing, thus everything turning off and cutting to black. They end up in the Black Lodge again, so I took it that Dale succeeded.

It's weird and open-ended enough that you can draw your own conclusions based off of the visuals and whatnot. Can have some fun in doing that.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I dunno. I never felt that Cooper trying to right wrongs is what's causing all sorts of terrible things to happen insomuch that there are terrible forces that are causing all these terrible things to happen. There's an interesting story to be had with best intentions causing more problems but when you have an entity of pure malice out there making everything garbage, I found it hard to draw conclusions that Cooper was making things worse with his actions. It's nice to have someone trying to make things right, even if they need help from the person who died.

Ultimately, there's no one way to interpret these things. That interview, to me, is just a way the creators saw it but they're not one to dictate how others see it.