Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Man, gently caress the haters, Ben Horne getting over his psychosis by having the South win the Civil War is such a perfect dick move. I love it.

I mean, had Ben Horne been a little later you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, "There's no reason for this."

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

The side story with James in S2 is clearly the low point of the series for me, but generally speaking I like James as a character and think that James Marshall's acting was pretty good. Holy poo poo, you are right about Billy Zane though. I didn't remember just how awful he was until watching again this time around.

I love the James S2 plot exactly because it's so incredibly bizarre and melodramatic and stupid. It's obviously supposed to be a parody of soap operas just like Invitation to Love but te fact that they forgot to actually make it a parody and just made it a straight soap opera plot, and one that is completely unconnected to anything else in the series, is just really amusing to me.

LesterGroans posted:

My favourite thing in Twin Peaks is the weird, psychic waves that happen when poo poo is going down. The tremors people get in the last few episodes leading up to the finale. Mostly the wave of sorrow that washes over Donna, Bobby and Cooper when Maddy is being killed. I liked that, it's a cool way of showing how connected the town is with all their poo poo.

This is maybe my favorite scene in the entire show. There's just something so visceral and uncomfortable about it, especially as it strikes Cooper after he thinks that he's gotten the murderer and realizes that he's failed to stop it from happening again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU