Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

For those of you who are all caught up, is The Missing Pieces actually coming up as relevant information to have seen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I'm not sure where the right place to ask this is, but does anybody know where I can find a good Dougie-Green jacket for a Halloween costume?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

There was a fish IN the percolator!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Those of you with Filmstruck, they just added Fire Walk With Me, in addition to The Missing Pieces.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If I’m looking to buy the series on Blu Ray (and not shell out for the Z to A set) would I be better off getting The Laura Palmer set with the Booper/Dougie Jones blus together, or the Criteriom Fire Walk with the Complete Television Blu?

Edit: I just ordered the first option. I need to own this series. I just started a friend group to do a run through of the show and once again I’m reminded of how much I love this poo poo.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 9, 2021

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Give yourself that electric playground Dougie bought.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m watching through Twin Peaks with friends, the majority of which it is their first time and we are wading our way though the nadir of the second season and I gotta say, while it’s notable Lynch is gone, it’s still pretty good TV IMO.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just You is an amazing scene, fuckouttahere.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

wa27 posted:

Yeah it looks like The Television Collection is the way to go, and then you're stuck paying $25 for the drat Criterion edition of FWWM. :rolleyes:

You used to be able to get The Entire Mystery (everything except Season 3) for like $30 for the international version, but that's up to $45 now so it's not the cheapest way.

The Entire Mystery at least has FWWM and The Missing Pieces. I’d recommend that and the S3 box set with the MultiCoop cover. If only because I think the packaging on that release is really good.

It’s not the cheapest option, but probably the most simple and easy to get, while still looking pretty nice and comprehensive enough without paying for the Z to A set which has become quite expensive.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I have a historical question about the original run of the show. Was the show actually cancelled before or after completing season 2? Was a third season ever in the cards at that time?

Edit: I’m listening to the season 2 soundtrack for the first time. Why did I never do this before? It’s definitely much more cohesive as an album than the iconic season 1 soundtrack, and it’s got some gorgeous pieces on here. Don’t be like me, people.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 30, 2021

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

My friends and I are watching the final two episodes of The Return tonight. We’ve slowly made our way through the series over the year and it’s been a great time watching it with some newbies. We even had a costume party! Anyway, it’s sad the journey is ending again.

Any good TP memes you have would be appreciated, so I can steal them and take credit.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Lynch needs a national arts grant to fund whatever he wants to make, god drat it. It’s not fair.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I introduced this series to my mom a couple months ago and tonight we binged the last few episodes. I know some of these questions probably don’t have confirmed answers but I’d like to know if anybody has any theories.

1. How did the ring inscribed to Janey-E end up in the stomach of Major Briggs? I assume the loss of head was through one of the evil entities like Judy/a Woodsman. I’m a little unclear on the timeline of Briggs after the first series.

2. This viewing made me pretty confident in thinking that the Audrey we saw was a tulpa herself. But if that’s going to work, why was she created? What would her purpose be? She seemed extremely focused on Billy, whoever he is, and not at all concerned about her son and I assume that was an intentional choice.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

…Sy Fableman?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Might finally pull the trigger on that ring, unless there's a comparable version on Etsy.

I got the ring for my birthday a few months ago and I love it. It’s a great conversation piece and looks great on its own (also I didn’t find anything comparable).

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The unaired episodes of On the Air, stitched together like the Clone Wars movie.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://pitchfork.com/news/david-lynch-debunks-cannes-movie-report-i-have-no-new-film-coming-out/

“That’s a total rumor. So there you are. It is not happening. I don’t have a project. I have nothing at Cannes. It’s unfortunate. It got built up that people thought, “Oh, that’d be nice.” But there is something new, but it’s not mine. I don’t know whose it is. They say there’s something new at Cannes, and they don’t say whose it is, and some people thought it was my film, but it’s not. So we'll wait and see, and see whose it is.” - Gordon Cole

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

insider posted:

Anyone gone to the actual falls, lodge, diner etc they filmed Twin Peaks at?

I'm doing a two week road trip through the PNW in late September and thinking of checking them out. Worth it?

If I go to the diner and order a cup of coffee and say drat fine cup of coffee how hard will they roll their eyes haha?

I just did this a few months ago. The Double R (aka Tweed’s Cafe is about a ten minute drive from Snoqualmie Falls and there are a few iconic spots in between. All that’s about a half hour drive west of Seattle. The Great Northern inside locations, the beach where they found Laura and the Martell’s place are all at one location east of Seattle by about thirty minutes. That’s a wedding venue so you may wanna call ahead.

I say do it. I had a really great time driving around there. Forks, WA, the Twilight town, is a good spot to crash if you’re interested in the Hoh Rainforest, and some great beaches which I would recommend.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I just started the Secret History and have a question for those who followed the release since it first dropped. Was this book promoted as a lead-in for The Return or as an alternate perspective to the world we already knew? What was the reception for this when it came out? Were people well aware that season 3 was right around the corner?

I’m probably not saying anything new here but I think the construction and layout of the book itself is really well done, and the material so far really hits the spot. More twin peaks, and I am really happy about that.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Criterion just announced Inland Empire for March, which will include 75 minutes of extra scenes. More nightmares!!!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i believe the extra scenes have previously been available as 'More Things That Happened' but were in even worse quality than the feature. regardless, the criterion rleease is gonna be fuckin sweet

That’s news to me! I never saw the movie on its original release, but I saw the remaster this year in theaters. I think it’s safe to assume they cleaned up that extra footage though.

Compared to clips I’ve seen from the original release they really did a great job on the remaster.

Edit: Having said that, is there anything on this new release that is NEW new?

https://www.criterion.com/films/30077-inland-empire

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 15, 2022

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Not sure what the right drugs would be to tolerate a single 18 hour viewing session, but one day I will take them and watch The Return the way it was meant to be seen.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

It's just some multi day retrospective screening of his movies that particular group is doing.

It’s actually a screening of several new movies. I know this bc I am David Lynch hello.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just found out this existed:

The original TV pilot of Mulholland Drive.

https://youtu.be/kcXt3ufaLgc

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Joker Lynch trolling again.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Von Pluring posted:

As someone in the reddit thread pointed out, there's an actor's strike going on, which would probably mean that if this is real, he's just shooting some stuff without actors. Would be a shame if the strike got in the way of this project. Goddamn it, Hollywood, just pay your actors.

Perfect excuse to replace the actors with monkeys and lamps.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just watch all of Lynch’s movies. You can skip Dune, but even that’s pretty good imo.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://www.thewrap.com/paul-giamatti-twin-peaks-the-return-david-lynch/

Paul Giamatti was supposed to play one of the Mitchum Brothers.

Don’t get me wrong the M-Bros killed it, but I can’t help think of what we missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

“Coop, it was YOU who killed me.”

“What kind of a stupid name is Yoohoo??”