Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Is it OK yet to start mentioning specific details and events from the first four episodes without using spoiler tags?

Edit: the first four episodes of season 3, that is.

Owl at Home fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

So, do you think the reason that BobCooper keeps his Microsoft Surface in a heavy locked briefcase and uses that black box that routes through Argentina(?) instead of a cell phone that it keeps the lodges from finding/interfering with him through the electricity?

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

I wonder if we'll get to know more about Dougie's family as the show progresses and whether or not they are "real" people or manufactured by BobCooper like Dougie was. If they are real and Sonny Jim is Dougie and Janey-E's child and not adopted or a child of Janey-E's from a previous relationship, he's like a Black Lodge spirit equivalent of a cambion, which in my opinion is in line with the behavior we've seen from him so far. The same could be true of Richard Horne if he does turn out to be Audrey/BobCooper's kid.

If they are all manufactured out of those little gold nuggets like Dougie it would explain their peculiar names, which could be interpreted as having a shared -E suffix. Janey-E, Doug-E, Son-E Jim. As if they're all part of an "E" series. Or maybe it's just a typical David Lynch quirk.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

http://www.equitrekking.com/articles/entry/white-sands-mustangs-new-mexico/

quote:

Life changed for these horses as a result of the Manhattan Project and the plans to detonate the first atom bomb in the area in 1945. The Army took over nearly two million acres of the White Sands area and fenced them off from the public. This two million acres housed most of the horses and several watering holes. Although the fences were designed to keep the public out, they also kept the horses in and they could no longer freely roam in search of food and water.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

I am kind of disappointed by the imagery in the recent episodes that suggests that Frank Silva Bob is and has always been Bob's "real" appearance. I always thought of it as some kind of malevolent, predatory hermit crab that takes on the shell of its previous host. As in, Frank Silva Bob possessed Leland Palmer because his previous host had been the man young Leland encountered at Pearl Lakes, then Ray Wise Bob would possess agent Cooper/Coopelganger, then when he eventually took a new host he would be Kyle MacLachlan Bob, and so on.

However, I can see why they made the choices they did from a practical perspective, and also it's nice that Frank Silva's work on the series can be memorialized and honored this way.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

...! posted:

Unless I'm missing something, BOB never possesses Dale-ppleganger. They're clearly shown to be two separate entities in the Lodge.

Maybe possessed is the wrong word, but as we saw in the jail cell Bob is still "with" him in some way. (Except maybe not since being shot by Ray? I wasn't clear on if the woodsmen took him away or crammed the Bobubble back in)

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Few pages ago, but I always just assumed the owl cave symbol is meant to be the shape of an owl flying directly at the viewer, like this basically:

I never really considered it being something else, so that's interesting (and of course it might be a deliberately abstract symbol in order to represent multiple things).

It's a very, yrev cleverly multi-layered symbol. I agree about the stylized owl interpretation but I also always saw it as being a void situated between two peaks. In the filled in version it's a black void and in the outline version it's a white void. And now it has another layer of potential meaning if it does represent the Mother/experiment figure as well.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Calling it now: Candie is an undercover cop

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

The Takeshi Miike film was great, but all the stuff this season like the detective bros trio and the goofy mobsters is making me sad that there will never be a David Lynch directed Ace Attourney adaptation.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

Amazing episode indeed, one of the best. drat good TV

Im enjoying Bobby acting too, but I got to say: he didint aged very well. He looks like he is 70 or something. And sick. He looks older than Hawk. Its glaring with him sitting besides Shelley, who looks almost the same

He looks pretty good for his age. I think that his haggard appearance is mostly make up/lighting and meant to reflect 25 years of enforcing the law in a town with a raging underground drug trade, cars full of screaming barfchildren, and his own terrible family. Plus, guys with long faces just tend to age like that sometimes.

Although now that you mention it, assuming Bobby was meant to be about 19 during the original show, that would make him... only about 44? He looks good to me, but I have to admit that's a hard 44. I guess he's just had a stressful life?

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

I'm starting to feel that it's more and more likely that John Justice Wheeler could be Richard Horne's other parent. It would fit in with David Lynch's overarching obsession with the unseemly aspects hiding under the surface of old-timely Americana wholesomeness.

I'm not ruling out the Booper theory, but it seems logistically unlikely that he could knock up Audrey during visiting hours in an ICU at a fully-staffed hospital, especially if he valued keeping his cover as regular Cooper. Then again, we don't know if he ever encountered her again or not after she got out of the coma.

It would really be something if he turned out to be Donna and James' kid, though.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Did Showtime's executives try to convince DL to name the new season "David Lynch's Twin Peaks"?

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

This video is nice. It sort of simulates the feeling of watching the show as it aired and living through all the fan speculation and weird theorizing... But I couldn't help but laugh at his unquestioning assurance that the reveal would obviously be in the season 1 finale. That's streaming show logic, whippersnapper!

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

I do have to wonder if the video's premise is staged considering he didn't even put Leland on the board

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

He's 78?? Aw man, we're never getting another full length movie are we :smith:

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

What happened to Project Wisteria or whatever it was called? Or The Happy Worker? Did he just drop those

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

I got the definitive edition box set and was planning on starting a rewatch on Feb 24th but my dumb rear end forgot I don't have a blu-ray player. Oh well

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Can't figure out for the life of me if that Snootville thing people are talking about on Twitter is legit or a gag. Feels like something one of those parody DiscussingFilms knockoffs accounts posted, but people are talking about it like it's real. I genuinely have no idea.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

https://x.com/BlackLCult/status/1777413831918043222

Snootworld, sorry. Not snootville

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

That's what makes tragedy tragic, even your best intentions and most noble aspects can drat you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Good intentions or bad, Cooper really should have had the common sense to hold off getting involved with Annie at least until the Windom Earle stuff blew over. Now that I'm thinking about it, would Earle still have come to Twin Peaks in the first place if Cooper hadn't been there?