Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I still really like that someone dressed as the Black Lodge sounds electronic and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm not really interested in a continuation of the final episode but I'd be happy with a new season that was just more of the Vegas crew.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Why do the flickering windows matter one way or another?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm finally watching the Blu-ray extras, what do people think about the Jason S. films/behind the scenes things? I'm really mixed so far. The actual scenes of Lynch and the crew are pretty great but I feel like I'm completely missing something when it comes to these weirdly narrated interstitials. Do they add up to anything interesting?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Fire Walk With Me remains my favorite Twin Peaks.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t think it’s bad - I like it overall - but I will forever be baffled by the amount of people who completely love it.

Well, this is me with season 3 episode 8.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Nadine rules and I agree that she should have shoveled the Bob Orb.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The mayor and his brother are hilarious.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The best Earle moment is the horse costume.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Little Nicky is awful but Andy and Dick rule so that plot's ok.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Data Graham posted:

Yeah but everybody in the other threads is all like "Welp good thing I never got around to watching Twin Peaks" and "Mulholland Drive was overrated anyway"

I liked the one in the Trump thread that said "I'll never watch Stranger Things now"

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Lynch just wrote to clarify this whole dumb thing.

"Dear Mr. President,

This is David Lynch writing. I saw that you re-tweeted the Breitbart article with the heading – Director David Lynch: Trump ‘Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History.’ I wish you and I could sit down and have a talk. This quote which has traveled around was taken a bit out of context and would need some explaining.

Unfortunately, if you continue as you have been, you will not have a chance to go down in history as a great president. This would be very sad it seems for you – and for the country. You are causing suffering and division.

It’s not too late to turn the ship around. Point our ship toward a bright future for all. You can unite the country. Your soul will sing. Under great loving leadership, no one loses – everybody wins. It’s something I hope you think about and take to heart. All you need to do is treat all the people as you would like to be treated.

Sincerely,

David Lynch"

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

People have been making "Film/theater/literature is dead" arguments longer than any of us have been alive but whoops good stuff keeps getting made.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No one is working on Justice League 2 right now.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Kilometers Davis posted:

I need to watch Wild At Heart. I love everything Elvis related and that + Lynch sounds loving brilliant.

e: I just realized Cage’s jacket is also Goro Majima’s and now I’m imagining a combination of Yakuza and Nick Cage and oh god I’m close I’m close I’m cu
He basically is Majima in this movie so yeah you've got to see it

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Straight Story's great, I hadn't seen it until last year and it's now one of my favorite Lynch films. Also one of my favorite scenes in Twin Peaks is Stanton just sitting playing guitar, so that adds up.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Just let them watch the show and don't guide their experience or skip things or tell them "These are the bad parts."

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's totally fine for someone to skip parts, it's stupid to skip them FOR someone you're showing the show to. Let them just watch the show and decide for themselves. Maybe they'll think Super Nadine rules.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

romanowski posted:

super nadine DOES rule

:yeah:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I've probably said this here before but the conclusion of Laura's murder and her parts of Fire Walk With Me are my favorite pieces of Twin Peaks and I'm glad it was resolved.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

BetterLekNextTime posted:

S3E18 is about a woman with a totally f-ed up past that she's totally blocked out, and some sicko (you, the audience) is pushing her to confront that past. You may think it's for her own good, but it's really about your own need for resolution. What a sick gently caress you are, audience!
This just feels weird to me because no I didn't want any more closure to Laura's story, Fire Walk With Me told me everything.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Season 3 feels heavily influenced by almost everything else Lynch has made, it's a pretty complete cap to his career. Seeing more of his films will almost certainly help you appreciate this season more even if you still don't love it.

As far as his stuff being hard to understand, The Straight Story and Blue Velvet are probably the most straightforward and they're both great.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Leland should have danced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

TheBizzness posted:

How could you enjoy FWWM but not s3e8. Does not compute.

They're absolutely nothing alike.