Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This thread is going to be more entertaining than the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

CLARPUS posted:

I too have listened to the Chromatics song over and over the past few days. Also, watching this with headphones is a game changer. Whoever did the sound editing is my hero.

That's David Lynch.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
It looks like cherry pie.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

TheMaestroso posted:

So, this is a cool interview. It also confirms that BOB is in BadCoop in some way.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/29/twin-peaks-kyle-maclachlan-dirty-cooper/

That was confirmed in the last episode of season 2 via a mirror my friend.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
According to Fourth Lynch Law, the more you people desperately demand Cooper's revival, the less likely it's going to even happen.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

What time should I expect the new episode to be in the Showtime app?

As it airs on TV.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Wally Brando's scene is great specifically because it is so awful.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This thread is the most TV IV thread there has ever been.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I'm Ed.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This interview with Dean Hurley, who runs Lynch's sound studio and is his supervising sound editor, is the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The Straight Story is the single most depressing G-rated movie I've ever seen.

This film will embed itself in you and a multitude of things the rest of your life will remind you of it.

Volte posted:

Season 2 is worse if you're a Lynch fan watching it holistically as a Lynch project than if you're just in it for an entertaining TV show. Twin Peaks was the first Lynch thing I ever watched so back then I had no idea late Season 2 was supposed to be worse than the rest and I didn't really notice a marked change at a particular point. But going back to the show with appreciation for his other work, it kind of loses steam around that point. Twin Peaks after Laura Palmer is like The Office after Michael Scott: the show didn't get bad, but without the one major thing that defined it in its heyday, the show starts to feel like an imitation of itself.

I do wonder how the Windom Earle plotline would have gone if Lynch had stayed on post-Laura, or if it would have existed at all. Earle is mentioned in an episode that Lynch directs, but it's near the end of Laura's plot so I dunno if he had anything to do with setting up future story hooks at that point.

If you want to launder some season 2 poo poo into something more enjoyable, read The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

grilldos fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 10, 2018