Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That is a cool Hawk story, thanks :)

But good God I need a new episode of Twin Peaks baaaaaad :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God that was good, 7 and 9 both progressed things a ton which is a nice bookend to the glorious lunacy of episode 8 (perhaps the best thing I've ever seen on television). I loved Cooper staring at the flag and quietly hearing the Star Spangled Banner in his head :patriot:

Couple of gifs of my favorite visual moments in the episode, linked so as not to slow anything down

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm gonna take this moment to say how loving proud I am of Ben actually having learned his lesson and rejected Beverly's advances. It's nice to see him grow up a little.

That was wonderful, and conversely it's amazing how much Jerry HASN'T grown up.

His two most recent scenes of being high in the forest and freaking out have been so great :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I bet he shows up at jackrabbit castle or whatever with Bobby and the boys.

A note from Major Briggs reads,"Jerry Horne will be there. I have no idea why or what he is doing though."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

This has been one of my favorite things about this season, that Briggs still feels like such a big part of it. It says a lot about how great his performance was all those years ago that now all we get is a shot of his floating head, him saying "blue rose", and some references to him from others, and yet it still feels like he's right there in the thick of it :kimchi:

It is really nice and that scene of Bobby learning his father really did fully believe in him and knew that he would turn out okay is incredibly sweet :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bobby: I know how to open this, we'll need to go outside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ

So loving good then, even better 26 years later :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I like the Super Mitchum Bros, they are ruthless but also funny, it's a shame Dougie is going to karate chop their throats into submission

Dougie gives two chops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of the many, many things I love about this revival is how loving happy Kyle MacLachlan is to be back :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

There were many things to love about this episode, but I've decided upon deep reflection that my favorite of all is the van flute

I love this show so goddamn much. :allears:

Dougie becoming best friends with the Mitchums was great too, hell it was all great. loving Albert hauling Gordon back from disappearing into a portal to another dimension like a parent with their toddler too, plus the way Gordon later just remarks,"Oh now I remember, I saw them. A group of bearded men in a room!" and then just leaves it at that.

I love you, Twin Peaks, I'm so glad you're in my life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Hey Sheriff wanna see my new car!?! :haw:"

I don't even know who that guy is but he's the best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

David Lynch yelling a mundane literal description of his own surrealistic imagery is def a good meta moment.

I'm gonna pretend that's how he does all his pitches for film and television, just walks into a room and starts shouting, then leaves with a wheelbarrow full of money.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just gonna chime in again to say how great it is that in barely 15 minutes we go from:

Mitchums: Let's kill Dougie! :toughguy:

to

Mitchums: We love Dougie he is our best friend! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope the Mitchums don't get killed in the crossfire when Tim Roth and his wife (sister? friend?) roll into town looking for Dougie :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Awesome. I have to imagine him directing in character as Cole at all times now

I'm trying to imagine Gordon Cole with a megaphone, being EVEN LOUDER, and it's cracking me up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

General Dog posted:

Jim Belushi can be a very decent character actor, he was pretty good in Show Me a Hero a couple of years back.

I forgot he was in that. That was a really good show too if anybody didn't see it (I think a lot of people didn't see it :smith:)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Man what if Twin Peaks is just a reference to tits

I only realized while rewatching Sopranos this year that the Bs on the Bada Bing sign have nipples on them :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

multijoe posted:

It is happening again. It is happening, again.

Where is Albert to grunt, step forward and pull us back from the vortex?

I love Albert so much :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

I thought Naomi Watts was a kiwi

I'm fairly certain she was dreamed into creation by David Lynch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Loved the episode, I hurt my face I laughed so much. I genuinely don't know if I enjoyed Gordon's date making her slow exit from the room or Audrey and her husband's lengthy argument more. His exasperated,"I have a deadline!" and,"I'm soooo sleepy" absolutely killed me.

Only 6 hours of this wonderful insanity to go :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The above is what was in Sarah Palmer's kitchen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Every time someone mentions Jack Rabbit's Palace I think of that restaurant from Pulp Fiction.

And Tim Roth is in play now too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

head58 posted:

He was so sleepy!

He has a deadline!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In all honesty the only scene I can think of that I disliked so far in season 3 was when Bobby sees Laura's picture. I didn't think Dana Ashbrook did a particular good job performing barely restrained grief.

Since then I've been blown away by every scene he has been in however, and think he's done great (and his reaction to his mother's message from his dad was particularly well done) so I wonder how I'd feel about the Laura's picture scene on a rewatch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Pretty much every episode had me saying "its over already?" at the end.

It's always a surprise (and slightly dismaying) to see "Starring Kyle MacLachlan" appear on the screen and realize the episode is over

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In an utterly glorious episode of the most bizarre and wondrous things (James! :neckbeard:), somehow it was Tom Sizemore's comical :aaa: at the very start of the episode that cracked me up the most :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 7, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yessss.

I'm so happy Tom Sizemore is working again :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

With out looking it up, what's their character's names?

I would also happily watch a series about literal Tim Roth and Jennifer Jason Leigh driving around the country as hired assassins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing episode, but the FBI guy in Vegas just screaming at his assistant absolutely loving killed me. :xd:

loving incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Ed :unsmith:

Log Lady.... :smith:

That scene of their reaction in the conference room to the news was just heartbreaking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Huh look at that, two Coopers. I never quite grasped the significance of that shot in this scene before even though Season 2 ends with Bad Cooper escaping the Red Room and leaving Good Cooper stuck inside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This show is so loving amazing, I can't believe it's almost over.

I kinda want it to go out on an unbelievable high and that's that, it's over. But I also kinda just want David Lynch to keep making this show forever because it is so loving good.

COOPER'S BACK! ....and maybe Janey-E and Sonny Jim will get to keep their happy family too :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Gordo's seen too much poo poo. Nothing bothers him now

gordonwavinghisarmsataninvisiblevortex.gif :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All I need now is Harry Truman returning to have Coop's back and this will be perfect television :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think I've rewatched,"I AM the FBI" at least a dozen times now :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Episode 17 was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, I legit welled up when Laura took Cooper's hand and I thought he was going to save her. Was devastated when something pulled her away just before he could get her to the lodge.

Episode 18 left me completely confused. It wasn't bad, it evoked an amazing emotional reaction and the final scream/house going dark is probably gonna haunt me for a long time.... but I just can't stop thinking about how happy I'd have been if Coop had been able to take Laura to safety at the end of 17. Also I don't think I'm smart enough to really understand it and it's gonna take a long time before I feel like I do - Coop and Diane crossed dimensions/time to take another shot at finding/saving Laura, but in the process Cooper was set adrift into a world that doesn't quite fit his expectations?

I still think this is perhaps the best season of television I've ever seen, and included perhaps the two best episodes of any television show I've ever seen (8 and 17), but I am sad that final image/shot of the Twin Peaks Universe is Laura Palmer screaming in terror :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wa27 posted:

Long live Harry.

Harry is the Horn of Eld, and Cooper is Roland :ohdear:

God I wish Harry could have made an appearance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I haven't seen FWWM

Oh man, Fire Walk With Me is incredible, looking forward to you seeing it on your behalf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Didn't Briggs intentionally get "decapitated" in order to travel to a place where he would be forever safe? I thought that was the point of the coordinates that Shaggy and his girlfriend got for him before the Woodsmen could find him?

I got the feeling he'd joined The Giant (The Fireman?) as a new permanent occupant of the White Lodge?