Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had that keyring and the text faded off extremely quickly, cannot recommend :(

My friend who bought it for me got one for himself and the same thing happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

There's a rumor that Julee Cruise has passed away. It's unconfirmed but Wikipedia edits are happening.

https://twitter.com/maculvein/status/1535121041160253440?s=20&t=jthHQlKvp-CPT3wnOxNmQg

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
as in the person who owns that house in real life

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it’s a good show so far. Great to see Zahn McClarnon get the leading role he’s deserved for too long.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Esco’s Ultimate Lynch Feature Film Ranking That Anyone Who Disagrees With Is Wrong

Mulholland Drive
Eraserhead
Blue Velvet
Inland Empire
Lost Highway
The Straight Story
Twin Peaks: FWWM
Wild at Heart
The Elephant Man
haven’t seen Dune but knowing myself there’s a less than zero percent chance it would be at the bottom here

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

I'll fight anyone who ranks wild at heart lower than inland empire

I’ve seen it twice and I tried really hard to like it both times but something about it just does not vibe with me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t wait for the Lost Highway restoration to come out over here!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mulholland Drive is amazing and my second favourite film of all time but I don’t see how it takes people multiple views to get it. It’s the only Lynch movie that can really be explained in one sentence and that explanation makes everything slot into place. I guess if you never read anything up online about it it makes sense.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo I guess I will!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This movie’s horrid

Not in like a quality way. You know what I mean

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Criterion release UHDs in the UK you cowards. We get LH on Monday, but only the blu

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

I just finished a re-watch of The Return and I'm doing a new set of the original run and FWWM etc now, I am definitely craving more of the world - if any, which of the Twin Peaks books are actually worth reading?

Only the Laura Palmer diary imo is worth it. It’s really cool. The Cooper tapes book is superfluous and the Mark Frost books just bored me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

Al Strobel passed away yesterday at 83 years old. rest in peace :(

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/al-strobel-1939-2022/

Quoting for the new page. Very sad news. RIP.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
…….what

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Coop absolutely hosed it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress :( RIP to a real 1

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i believe the extra scenes have previously been available as 'More Things That Happened' but were in even worse quality than the feature. regardless, the criterion rleease is gonna be fuckin sweet

I hope it has subtitles for More Things That Happened! The previous releases never did and I’ve never seen them because of it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Twin Peaks made it onto the Sight & Sound Top 250 Greatest Films of All Time twice. FWWM at joint 211th and The Return at joint 152nd. we truly do love to see it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jeanne Dielman is fantastic but it’s also one of the most user-unfriendly movies that could have been 1 which has been making me laugh since they first announced it

Here’s the whole list for those who don’t want to google it https://www.bfi.org.uk/sight-and-sound/greatest-films-all-time

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I do not personally agree with The Return being classified as a movie, but it’s better than almost every single movie ever made, so I don’t care much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

yeah but it was produced like a film, structuring it into episodes was afterthought. its effectively a serialized film, like the extended cuts of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo or Fanny & Alexander. quality has nothing to do with it imo

I think this is overstated, many episodes definitely have classic TV structure

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lmfao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1656046091891032082

:eyepop:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Consummate Professional posted:

It’s freaking me out. Love the overlays of the real actors in game. I remember when the final episode of The Return aired I started it over because I thought the Coop overlay was some weird graphics issue.

Honestly such an incredible TV moment. I truly lost my entire poo poo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

I haven’t watched any other Lynch besides Twin Peaks, and one thing I appreciated about the show, Return especially, was the intermingling of great humor with the surrealness and horror. Do some of his other movies have that mix and which would you say strike the closest in terms of the balance of humor we saw in Return?

definitely Mulholland Drive (which, hey, is also one of the top 5 best films ever made!), but Blue Velvet is probably the best Lynch film to watch first

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
David Byrne’s “True Stories” has wholesome Lynch vibes a lot of the time (and wholesome Gummo vibes, actually)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Netflix what the ACTUAL gently caress