Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Didn't the Tammy scene in the latest ep show a recent-ish version of OSX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Jade's cool. We even got a scene where she had a conversation with her friend at the car wash who was totally accepting of her profession, which was nice.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dougie was funny in previous episodes but it's definitely sad as hell in the latest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kaworu posted:

Was I the only one who felt like, in the flashback to DoppelCoop and BOB laughing backwards together in the Red Room from the season 2 finale, that they were about to kiss? Or maybe about to try and eat each other while kissing like the makeout scene in Dumb & Dumber?

I think your rabbit hole is starting to get a little deep, dude.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Modrasone posted:

I've seen this theory a lot over the last few days and its nice to know that Twin Peaks internet discussion is still thinly veiled Audrey Horne rape fantasies after all these years. Oh no hang on it makes me want to chew my wrists.

Haha what even is this post? You're saying a lot more about yourself than the people you're complaining about.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
.....oh no :ohdear:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great episode. And man I didn't expect them to make Evil Coop as rapey as they have, seeing how this episode basically confirms he raped both Diane and comatose Audrey. (Let's please not with all the typical posts that follow this type of thing, if we could.)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You thought her initial reaction to Albert and the mention of Coop is about her being annoyed he disappeared and didn't call her for 25 years? Are you high?

Evil Coop blatantly went to visit Diane at some point and whatever happened is what gave her this scared, shaken reaction to him. Hence the creepy "I'll always remember that night."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Y'all are very wrong and bad at reading obvious context in television. The amount of hoops you have to jump through to say "well no Diane is just mad at the FBI for not telling where Coop went and then the terrified, shaken reaction to him threateningly mentioning a night they spent together is based on something she did with Good Coop!" is utterly ludicrous.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

No you see, it's just "goons are obsessed with rape." It's way more likely that good -real-cooper insulted her cooking or something.

hahaha yeah this is the poo poo I hate the most too.

also here's a good article http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/twin-peaks-episode-7-diane-meets-cooper-sexual-assault-rape-audrey-horne?intcid=inline_amp

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god the dude who couldn't believe Diane was assaulted revealing it's just his own weird precious feelings towards Dern was THE loving BEST

This thread is such a gift.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what a strange reading of my post

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rambling Robot posted:

I strongly disagree. And how on earth is she "reduced" to anything?

We don't know know much about Diane yet, but it makes perfect sense for the evil Cooper to hurt her. Twin Peaks is about good vs evil, love vs violence.

But you don't understand, Dern and Lynch are friends

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheMaestroso posted:

Can you just shut the gently caress up? Please?

lol I'm sorry you were so certain about your bad opinion but if you're gonna post stuff like that in here you should have the backbone to be able to handle being made fun of for it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

And More posted:

Bown, where does this attitude of general unpleasantness come from?

I mean, I'm not the one calling people creepy and weird for picking up on obvious context clues. This is SA, dude. You post something dumb, people are going to laugh at you for it. Where you been all this time?

-

So no way a dialogue isn't opened between Twin Peaks sheriff's department and the FBI in the next episode, right? They both have ample reason to contact the other now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would argue it's through both 1) knowing the nature of BOB/the evil Lodge spirits 2) being able to pick up on obvious context clues from decades of watching/studying film and television.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes, she quit her job and became a bitter, angry alcoholic who is still shaken 25 years later because Coop told her he actually didn't like her very much

like, it's really hard not to be kind of a dick when the alternate theories presented in this thread are so wobbly and stretching

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

Why should we assume that she's a bitter alcoholic because of what Coop did to her? 25 years is a long time.

Well, you don't have to, but then you just get back to the whole "missing obvious context clues" discussion. Do you honestly think it's more likely they made her a bitter alcoholic for a reason that has nothing to do with the series, and then just have whatever Coop did as separate?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^ the worst kind of post

Franchescanado posted:

It's the people that think Diane's pissed off because of Good Cooper or that she's broken for some reason other than Booper is incredibly frustrating, because it's like they're not even watching the show.

Whoa, man, what's with the BAD ATTITUDE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What could possibly make you think I'm at all angry about this?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This thread rules again

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think this is the one piece of info available that could somewhat count as AN ACTUAL SPOILER, but Laura Dern mentioned in the Vanity Fair interview that Diane and Coop have conversations about the robins in the show, so we know he'll be back EVENTUALLY.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahah what?? My posts were entirely a response to "obviously it isn't rape he must have just said something mean to her everyone who thinks it was rape is a creep drat creepy idiot goons!!!!!!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cis autodrag posted:

nobody said that though?

Incorrect

I agreed with the Reddit talk when that was a thing because that was before the most recent episode/we had the context we do now. It was a little creepy to assume it before the most recent ep, but now it's blatant.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think Coop was definitely somewhat foolhardy in entering the Lodge but to take that as far as blaming all Evil Coop's actions on Coop is way too far. Whether or not he has a little responsibility is debatable, but it's nowhere near his fault.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I tend to use Evil Coop or Coolper for the doppelganger, and Baby Coop for Dougie.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's also Mr. C, but I think everyone forgot about that one basically immediately in favour of the funnier ones

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Franch why do you keep doing this to yourself?

Anyways my interpretation is that BOB is inhabiting Evil Coop. But he's definitely inside of there somewhere, is the main point

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I take the "with me" in that scene as extremely literal.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I never shouted or called anyone a dumb motherfucker :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reminds me how many people think of Eraserhead as this totally baffling art film with obfuscated themes and such when in fact it's kind of the most basic poo poo ever, just told in a unique way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's a very interesting post that I enjoyed, but absolutely 100% not a valid reading of the show as it exists

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Depends what'll draw clicks at the time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
HOLY FUCKIN poo poo THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

Rowdy and riled up posters, please don't shoot me for this bad opinion:

We'll see where they go with it, but the idea of Laura Palmer's soul being some kind of fated chosen one is kinda bad and worryingly star-wars-prequel-esque

I adored the episode and show and season otherwise, I hope I won't be killed :(

I guess I agree with this actually. But a large part of me wonders if we'll ever go back to any of this

Thread is gonna go insane over the next two weeks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, like not to try and sound "above" you, basic hitler, but I really did find all these connections extremely obvious while watching the episode. Of course a lot of that comes with being a super nerd who's reading up on this stuff constantly in between episodes, but it still feels ridiculous to claim it's totally contextless and random.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just recorded the latest ep of my TP podcast and my co-host and I had a massive argument about the NIN scene because he was complaining it was unnecessary and took him out of the show for so long and I was just like "lol who cares, why not do it? it's fun"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that scene is one of the best and most horrifying in TV history but nobody actually gets raped in it or anything

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hellfaucet posted:

Could I get a link to your podcast please?

Sure! You can find it here: http://www.hitwithwrench.com/podcasts/ or under "Peaked: A Twin Peaks Fancast" on iTunes etc (although latest ep will still probably take an hour or two to go up on iTunes as we JUST published it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
let's not go down that road again lol